Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
JD should have been throwing his stick at Mack for every pass that wasn't perfectly placed in his wheelhouse. JD is way too nice.

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
Drouin is going to thrive if he can stay healthy. The elite vision , stickhandling and speed is undeniable . I believe that He can play at the high pace Mack and makar and others on this team play. His career was altered by injuries , mental health issues , expectations , you know the story. Now at 825k/yr and given top 6 opportunities, he will be thrive. I look at lehkonnen, kadri , compher stats over the last 5 years surrounded by elite talents and you can see clearly the impact. It is similar to playing on a line with mcdavid. So I firmly believe that it is realistic that he scores at a 0,8-0,9 ppg this year.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
There's no way he agreed to sign, come over, and sit in the pressbox. They do that, he'll be on the first plan back to Russia.
I disagree. Regular season sure, he'll play. There's no way this team is guaranteeing the kid playoff ice time. He's gonna have to earn that and I'm sure he knows this. Given how Bednar operates, if Landy did come back I would bet itd Kovalenko that ends up sitting for him.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Drouin is going to thrive if he can stay healthy. The elite vision , stickhandling and speed is undeniable . I believe that He can play at the high pace Mack and makar and others on this team play. His career was altered by injuries , mental health issues , expectations , you know the story. Now at 825k/yr and given top 6 opportunities, he will be thrive. I look at lehkonnen, kadri , compher stats over the last 5 years surrounded by elite talents and you can see clearly the impact. It is similar to playing on a line with mcdavid. So I firmly believe that it is realistic that he scores at a 0,8-0,9 ppg this year.
Realistically speaking he's never played extended time with guys like 29, 96, 8 etc throughout his career.

If he can't figure out to the tune of a decent ppg with this opportunity his NHL career will most likely be over.

Realistic to me would be 50-60 pts if he plays 1st/2nd line and PP mins.

Looks like 29 has Drouin sitting in that bumper position while they are practicing so I wouldn't be shocked to see him there on PP1 to start the year.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Realistically speaking he's never played extended time with guys like 29, 96, 8 etc throughout his career.

If he can't figure out to the tune of a decent ppg with this opportunity his NHL career will most likely be over.

Realistic to me would be 50-60 pts if he plays 1st/2nd line and PP mins.

Looks like 29 has Drouin sitting in that bumper position while they are practicing so I wouldn't be shocked to see him there on PP1 to start the year.
Drouin's shooting ability is pretty limited. I'd put him on the half wall and never the bumper

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
How is Tatar with the Avs without signing a PTO or a contract? Are we getting him for free?

• Haha

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Damn did not expect Tatar at all.

Can’t be mad for sure but I really wanted to see Drouin start on the top 2 lines. I’m not sure how much impact this will have but having an extra option is always better I guess.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Damn did not expect Tatar at all.

Can’t be mad for sure but I really wanted to see Drouin start on the top 2 lines. I’m not sure how much impact this will have but having an extra option is always better I guess.
Tatar can play on the 3rd line with Colton and Wood. The question I have is do the Avs have cap space to sign him?

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
1.5 mil

Not bad

Tatar can play on the 3rd line with Colton and Wood. The question I have is do the Avs have cap space to sign him?
Can he play bottom 6?? I always thought he was a top 6-only kind of guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad