Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This place has been a primer for me on how easily humans can be talked into false narratives, if they're repeated often enough. I first started noticing it about 10 years ago here maybe and it's just gotten worse every year.

I think we're just still very young in the social media age, and we're still learning how to react to being so connected with each other. Message boards were like a microcosm of that before social media the way we know it now really took off.

This place is still miles better than anywhere else and has been since I discovered it coming from the Avs board lol.

SBNation was fun too for a while but died.

Facebook, Twitter, and anywhere else is just loonacy lol.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Jesus. I hope some of you all are not this big of chicken littles dealing with life.

LMAO..

You probably don't want the real answer to that. I about spit my beer out at that one. 🤣

You’ve offended me.

I’m going on TikTok to crydance about it.

I refuse to even look that up..

crying-girl.gif

This was completely unnecessary behavior!!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This place is still miles better than anywhere else and has been since I discovered it coming from the Avs board lol.

SBNation was fun too for a while but died.

Facebook, Twitter, and anywhere else is just loonacy lol.

I think that's probably true. I don't really go anywhere else. Kind of just an online issue in general.

I'm hopeful it's just the baby steps of the internet. Our ancestors have been around for millions of years. Early humans hundreds of thousands. Language and writing for thousands of years. The internet for about 30-40. We've been interacting on social media for about 15-20 and even just in the last 10 it's changed a lot. It's still very new in the course of human evolution.

Gotta crawl before you walk and you're gonna fall down a lot first. We're currently in the fall down a lot phase of being so connected with so many different people.

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think that's probably true. I don't really go anywhere else. Kind of just an online issue in general.

I'm hopeful it's just the baby steps of the internet. Our ancestors have been around for millions of years. Early humans maybe 750 thousand. Language and writing for thousands of years. The internet for about 30-40. We've been interacting on social media for about 15-20 and even just in the last 10 it's changed a lot. It's still very new in the course of human evolution.

Gotta crawl before you walk and you're gonna fall down a lot first. We're currently in the fall down a lot phase of being so connected with so many different people.

It was just more isolated to the news/tv without the internet. Remember.. Hitler existed, and got people to follow him.

Before TV it was paper.. Hell some parts of the world paper still works.

I mean the Book of Eli was basically about the use of religion for populous control if you want a movie reference.

I'll stop there, but you get the idea.

Human nature is a bitch sometimes lol.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It was just more isolated to the news/tv without the internet. Remember.. Hitler existed, and got people to follow him.

Before TV it was paper.. Hell some parts of the world paper still works.

I mean the Book of Eli was basically about the use of religion for populous control if you want a movie reference.

I'll stop there, but you get the idea.

Human nature is a bitch sometimes lol.

Yes but news, tv, religion and world leaders didn't connect us the way the internet does.

Didn't allow for the good and bad that comes with different people interacting with each other on such a massive scale so directly. That's still very new and we're learning how to do it as we go.

We should probably leave it there though and get back to TikTok dances and Val being a gangster before we derail the thread. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I just turned 40, so I just got there myself. A year ago I was not..

That's a fact, clearly
Did you have an over the hill party? I

I'm hopeful it's just the baby steps of the internet. Our ancestors have been around for millions of years. Early humans hundreds of thousands. Language and writing for thousands of years. The internet for about 30-40. We've been interacting on social media for about 15-20 and even just in the last 10 it's changed a lot. It's still very new in the course of human evolution.

AOL, yahoo chatrooms

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with him. I kind of thought maybe he would’ve been here already but who knows?
What do you mean who knows? In order to carry an AK-47 in Russia you have to be or have been in part of military. That is how he probably got his AK-47, He served in the army, fighting in Bakhmut for his fatherland.

Nichuskin is probably still celebrating in Russia before he comes back to Colorado.

Reactions: Snow Arc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad