Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
1694553343455.png

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Not really surprising. The way last season ended, must've left a bitter taste to their mouths. A lot of injuries, bad luck, fatigue from the championship and shorter seasons... And almost all of the media and fans from the outside ignored this when we lost to Seattle. The narrative was a choke job by us and a wonder story for Seattle who fought and won against the reigning champions.

Yeah, I felt pissed after reading and listening to that stuff. Can't imagine what a guy like MacKinnon thinks. These guys want to prove it wasn't just a one hit wonder.
I like this take on the team. I believe you are absolutely correct about MacKinnon's attitude right now.

We won't be hearing it from him until we're into the playoffs but I predict he will get quoted saying exactly this.

Remember "I've been in the league 8 years and haven't won anything yet."

All that matters to MacKinnon is the Cup. He's one in a million!

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I like this take on the team. I believe you are absolutely correct about MacKinnon's attitude right now.

We won't be hearing it from him until we're into the playoffs but I predict he will get quoted saying exactly this.

Remember "I've been in the league 8 years and haven't won shit."

All that matters to MacKinnon is the Cup. He's one in a million!

FTFY

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Yea when is Nichushkin showing up lol. Cause it doesn’t sound like he’s there yet but almost everyone else is. They said it multiple times we expect him ready to start the year and show up at camp. Annndd still no show

What's going on with him? He is not going to walk away from his contract be just signed, wtf..

Not really surprising. The way last season ended, must've left a bitter taste to their mouths. A lot of injuries, bad luck, fatigue from the championship and shorter seasons... And almost all of the media and fans from the outside ignored this when we lost to Seattle. The narrative was a choke job by us and a wonder story for Seattle who fought and won against the reigning champions.

Yeah, I felt pissed after reading and listening to that stuff. Can't imagine what a guy like MacKinnon thinks. These guys want to prove it wasn't just a one hit wonder.

Exactly. This team is full of ultra motivated elite players. They won't let it happen again.

Let's gooooo

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Of the PTO’s, who do we think gets a contract now with the Tatar addition? I’m assuming we “promised” Ben Meyers a roster spot, so he’s either 4C or the scratch. I was almost scared Holland has a chance to make it considering depth prior to other PTO’s and Tatar. But now it’s probably just going to be Kiviranta or Maenalanen. Not exactly a major decision to make, but I do want one of them to get signed to make us deeper.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
One thing that worries me with Nuke is the commitment level. Guys like Tatar and others are already on site. I just don't see his how his absence will fit when the rest of the guys are on site already for the most part.

Totally understand he's probably trying to get in his last days with his family (given the political climate), last few lines of cocacola, popping off some AK rounds and watching the ruble become worthless. But still feels bad that he's not on site after everything that's happened.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
One thing that worries me with Nuke is the commitment level. Guys like Tatar and others are already on site. I just don't see his how his absence will fit when the rest of the guys are on site already for the most part.

Totally understand he's probably trying to get in his last days with his family (given the political climate), last few lines of cocacola, popping off some AK rounds and watching the ruble become worthless. But still feels bad that he's not on site after everything that's happened.
I think as long as he shows up on time for training camp, it’s fine. If he’s late for camp, maybe that’s when to worry

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

They make dried lines of Coca Cola?

• Haha
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
I love the report that the intensity level was high at the skates. When you have a team going for the cup, it’s important to set a tone immediately at the start of the season so that everyone knows and believes they’re there to win above anything else.

There was a big difference in the belief level from last year and the cup winning year. You could tell our guys didn’t have the win at all costs mentality last season. I don’t remember when but Nate at one point mentioned they were happy to win the division and it was an accomplishment considering all the obstacles last year. At that point I kinda figured they weren’t going to win it all because you can’t be satisfied in this league.

I’ll never forget the leadership Landeskog, Nate, Mikko, Makar, Toews, EJ and Cogs displayed during the cup run. It was always win the next shift, period, game and never look back. If they can somehow replicate that belief with this group, it’ll go a long way towards achieving their goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad