Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
They are starting with 3 games on the road. I doubt they go on that trip with only 6 dmen. They are either claiming somebody on waivers or they will be calling Malinski back up for the trip.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
They are starting with 3 games on the road. I doubt they go on that trip with only 6 dmen. They are either claiming somebody on waivers or they will be calling Malinski back up for the trip.
I sure hope they claim someone but they are picking so damn late... they can't be confident that the guy they want will still be there at #26.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I sure hope they claim someone but they are picking so damn late... they can't be confident that the guy they want will still be there at #26.
You are right but then like I said they can call Malinski/Hunt back up.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
No real surprises. I'd prefer Nichushkin on the top line as I've said all along but that clearly isn't an option right now for whatever reason. Not a big deal though.

Tough for Girard. Bottom pairing to start and likely no PP time. Again, not necessarily a bad thing from a team perspective because he's awesome.

Really tough for Tufte. He deserved better than that. Getting waived while an awful non-NHL level player takes up a forward roster spot isn't right.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
For how bad McDermy is, his impact on the cap isn't as bad as Manson's contract is. NTC, constantly injured, and still three more years is bad.
MacDermid makes less than 1M AAV. The AHLer who would replace him would make almost as much and wouldn't be significantly more useful.

As long as he doesn't play D his "bad" impact on the team and on the cap is extremely overrated here.

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007
MacDermid makes less than 1M AAV. The AHLer who would replace him would make almost as much and wouldn't be significantly more useful.

As long as he doesn't play D his "bad" impact on the team and on the cap is extremely overrated here.
I respectfully disagree. Tufte is massively better at hockey and doesn't carry as high a risk of bad penalties as Dermid does.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Really don’t understand waiving Tufte after that camp, we’d better hope no other GMs were paying attention, he’d easily make a worse team and I’m crossing my fingers he goes to the Eagles

Reactions: Avsboy

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I mean he’s easy enough to hide at forward, but he doesn’t add any skills to the team except for fighting. He’s bad defensively, can’t skate so he can’t forecheck effectively and doesn’t add any offensive punch. He’s a warm body out there.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I mean he’s easy enough to hide at forward, but he doesn’t add any skills to the team except for fighting. He’s bad defensively, can’t skate so he can’t forecheck effectively and doesn’t add any offensive punch. He’s a warm body out there.

At least the Avs weren't forced to trade a decent roster player for cap reasons like Toronto with Lafferty due to having a goon in Reaves signed for $1.3m.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
https://x.com/avalanche/status/1711097996547625210?s=46&t=HrHXY-Y7TGavlz5nLhiwKQ

Has to be another move coming you’d think…
IMG_4396.png

Reactions: The Infamous Tank

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad