Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I know Bednar likes RHD on the right side but he must have started to see something good with Malinski to give him some games or they would have sent him down. I don't think he wants to waste too much of his time on a project.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I know Bednar likes RHD on the right side but he must have started to see something good with Malinski to give him some games or they would have sent him down. I don't think he wants to waste too much of his time on a project.
I'm actually wondering if Malinski was kept up because Bednar knows he's 25 and doesn't have a lot of development ahead of him. He might want his NHL staff to work directly with him and try to get him ironed out rather than the AHL staff.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm actually wondering if Malinski was kept up because Bednar knows he's 25 and doesn't have a lot of development ahead of him. He might want his NHL staff to work directly with him and try to get him ironed out rather than the AHL staff.

Also makes you wonder if they did offer to give him a legit shot in order to sign.

One of these smaller ofD panning out would make it easier to trade Girard.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If he stays up, I think this is exactly why.

There is also nothing wrong with a rookie having some growth to do. I see the positives he brings.

It looks like nerves, and getting used to the pace to me, so..

Yeah we could probably use a bigger dude that can PK, but I see his skill and the value in rotating him and JJ.

Play JJ against heavier teams, and Sam wise 2.0 against faster skilled teams for a bit.

Either that or road/home where the rookies matchups can be managed better.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ben Meyers sent to the Eagles.

So that would leave...

Drouin - Mack - Lehky
Nuke - RyJo - Mikko
Wood - Colton - Tatar
Tufte - Olofsson - LOC
Cogs/MacDermid

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
Girard - Johnson
Malinski

George
Justus

As the 23 man roster?

• Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Ben Meyers sent to the Eagles.

So that would leave...

Drouin - Mack - Lehky
Nuke - RyJo - Mikko
Wood - Colton - Tatar
Tufte - Olofsson - LOC
Cogs/MacDermid

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
Girard - Johnson
Malinski

George
Justus

As the 23 man roster?

Are they moving Mikko off of Mack's wing? Or is Bednar still running Lehky and Nuke on the same line?

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I haven’t watched a pre season game. How has Tufte and Olofsson looked? Do they make me want to drink more?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad