Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Those are the lines we knew all along Bednar will go with. We just didn’t know who was gonna be the 4C, now we know

I'd love to hear Bednar's reasoning for that. It's made so much sense for so long to have lehky and Nuke on different lines.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Our top six has 4 reclamation projects from other teams lol. I hope Drouin and Johansen also take a new step here.
4? Nuke, RyJo and JD, but who are you counting as the 4th? Lehky was a targeted pick up and loved by the Habs and their fans. He broke out with us, but he wasn't some throw away.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'd love to hear Bednar's reasoning for that. It's made so much sense for so long to have lehky and Nuke on different lines.
In one of his interviews this offseason Bednar was talking about line combos and he said he’ll put Lehky and Nuke together because he did it at times in the past and they were good together

Last edited:

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I'm guessing he was waived for flexibility purposes.
Yeah I get it. They can now claim someone and not have to waive anyone else, but I really liked his camp. Hopefully no one claims him and he's okay playing with the Eagles. This also probably means that Cogs will be ready by Wednesday.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yes. Play someone else on their wrong side. Girard isn't good at it.
In the last preseason game, Bednar had a lot of the defencemen playing on their offhand as practice/comfortability and I guess the same thing transpired in the Stars game that didn't have a stream. We should also see Byram playing on the right side as an almost rotational unit cycling the players.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yes. Play someone else on their wrong side. Girard isn't good at it.

Well f***. That sucks. He deserved a spot.

I'm pretty sure Girard has proven to be the best at it, and is usually the go to. I think JJ has done ok as well, but from a limited role obviously.

It's not ideal for any of them though.

I would've waived Dermy instead. Him being there doesn't prevent cheap shots anyway, so I don't know why we're still saving a spot for him.

They're gambling he won't get taken with all of the other waivers going on. I personally wouldn't have, but I'm not surprised.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
In the last preseason game, Bednar had a lot of the defencemen playing on their offhand as practice/comfortability and I guess the same thing transpired in the Stars game that didn't have a stream. We should also see Byram playing on the right side as an almost rotational unit cycling the players.
Bednar does love to mix up Bo and G's spots depending on the score and where the faceoff is taking place. So I expect G will be playing plenty of Left side with Manson. The past has shown us when ever he's on the right bad things happen. Oddly enough, the only time he ever looked good on the right side is when he was paired with Zads.

Last year Bo played some right side when Makar was injured and looked pretty comfortable there. They also tried Toews there, but that wasn't as good. I just hope we can claim someone that can solidify the 3rd pairing RHD and G can go back to his natural position.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Oh well, I’m pretty sure we’re gonna see whole bunch of different line combinations throughout the season
True, not that worried about it, but I guess Mack is the one forchecking on that line lol.

Literally no one is good at it on the Avs. Every lefty that they play on the fight side loses like 30% of their efficacity.

Yeah, but I thought Girard had drew the short straw most often, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: the_fan

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
But the problem is, neither is Girard. We've been trying to bang that square peg into the round hole for years now. It's time to try another peg.
Well Byram played on the right side for most of the last game. Got injured because of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad