Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Whatever happened with Malgin? I don't remember hearing him get signed this summer but he was NHL quality??

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Translation: we’re sticking with him to start the year (with Francouz out), and will not be adding a goalie lol
Meh, Juicy isn't going to cost us short term as long as Georgiev stays healthy. Alexandar is now a true #1 and can handle the starters load. A few games of Justus sprinkled in isn't going to prevent us from getting into the playoffs. Hell, the team often steps up for their backups, especially the likeable ones, so there's a good chance we actually win some of these games he involved in. Our team can cover up a lot for a goalie when on their game.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Regardless of how he plays, this is great to hear for him and his family.

And the last comment about not wanting to waste this opportunity is another good sign of his motivation this year. People don't just say those kind of things flippantly, because otherwise they'd be worried about it looking bad in the future. They usually only say them when they really mean it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I don't know, he looks and sounds pretty upset about it. Hopefully it just fuels him this season.

Yeah I would bet it bothers him for sure. How could it not? Same with Duchene.

Trotz talked about wanting to change the culture and part of that change was shipping out RyJo. Also said he was gonna have a long rehab and wouldn't be ready to start the season, even though Ryan said otherwise, and had climbed a popular mountain in Vancouver like a week before the trade.

He just doesn't want to say it because he's a nice guy and probably so he doesn't burn any bridges if he wants to go back.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Nashville shipped out Duchene and RyJo, which was OK, but instead of using that opportunity to bring in young blood and give them the room going forward they brought in an overpaid, washed up ROR to "lead by example".

ROR isn't going to change the culture down there. He's just going to collect his paycheck and publicly blame himself when the team inevitably doesn't perform well, like the Buffalo days. ROR didn't want to stay in Toronto because of the pressure and prefered to sign with a team that is going nowhere. He's not a real leader, he's a phony who won't be any better for the room than Duchene or RyJo.

That was such a weak move by Trotz.

Last edited:

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Nashville shipped out Duchene and RyJo, which was OK, but instead of using that opportunity to bring in young blood and give them the room going forward they brought in an overpaid, washed up ROR to "lead by example".

ROR isn't going to change the culture down there. He's just going to collect his paycheck and publicly blame himself when the team inevitably doesn't perform well, like the Buffalo days. ROR didn't want to stay in Toronto because of the pressure and prefered to sign with a team that is going nowhere. He's not a real leader, he's a phony who won't be any better for the room than Duchene or RyJo.

That was such a weak move by Trotz.
ROR was super excited to play in Toronto and called it the hockey Mecca. He didn’t go back because Toronto did t have the cap sowce at this stage he’s a mercenary

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
The likelihood of this happening is close to 0, but God damn. The anger and frustration expressed by Canadian fans would be extremely satisfying.

Sadly that would also firmly price him out of Colorado next season.
Drouin is almost for sure a 1 and done here. If he sucks why re-sign and if he's good we don't have the money unless he takes a massive discount.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
ROR didn't want to stay in Toronto because of the pressure and prefered to sign with a team that is going nowhere. He's not a real leader

Not completely correct. He was a leader in St. Louis when they won the cup and he the Conn Smythe.
So at least he achieved something.

I would have taken O´Reilly to Center our 2nd line for 4 mill any day over Johanson if the opportunity would have arisen.
My personal take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad