Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What if Nuke reveals tomorrow that he’s part of an Odinic group?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Main board is saying Saku Maenalanen failed his physical which is why no longer a PTO opportunity. Supposedly Peter Baugh reported it but I can’t find a tweet and I don’t have an Athletic account.

Bednar said it in the presser today.

Also said Ritchie would miss camp. We heard recently he wasn't fully healed, but I'm not sure if we heard he'd miss camp.

Reactions: Gruyeriev and MarkT

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Thanks for posting that.

While the cynic in me thinks they've probably rehearsed these answers a few dozen times with Jean Martineau, I also believe they were all also honest.

The one thing I did find interesting is that Makar actually acknowledged that it effected the locker room. I mean, no duh it effected the room, but to actually acknowledge it freely in this situation I thought was something we don't see every day. Kudos to him and the boys for welcoming Nuke back. Kudos to Nuke for apparently proving his commitment to the boys.

Hopefully after Nuke's availability tomorrow we can put this behind us and get back to enjoying our team and allowing hope to spring eternal as we enter camp and pre-season.
I thought Martineau was gone? Doesn’t matter too much since he had hired and trained the others lol

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Or giving him the two hardest working wingers on the team to do most of the work for him
Yeah they are dirty area players, but not big time skill guys. That line would be relying on RyJo to bring his skill to the table consistently or it becomes a glorified checking line. If that line ends up the case, I could see some major ups and downs in quality of play.

Reactions: 95snipes

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Lehky-RyJo-Nuke is really relying on RyJo to turn it around.

Agreed. I think to ease his transition, I would have liked to see him with Rantanen.

If Nichushkin is at top form though, that will really help Johansen. Lehkonen is a solid second liner, but more in a support role, than a driver, so you can’t count on him to drive things in a top-6 role.

I think Bednar really wants to get Drouin going and that’s what this is about. But… imo, having the second line humming along is even more important than that, because as we know, that was a big reason for the downfall last season. I’m sure they’ll swap things around eventually though to see what trio’s have best chemistry.

Reactions: katfude

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Nate publicly calling out the front office yesterday saying they didn't have the team to win last year was awesome.

Well, we all knew. :( It was sad.

I seem to remember a dip in play and players seemed demoralized right after the deadline and then they eventually shook it off and started to play better again.
Yep. Same anger was seen with the fans.

And yet they still won the division. What a wasted opportunity.
And Vegas went to win the Stanley Cup. Sooo annoying. They didn't even have a proper goaltender.

Reactions: katfude

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Maybe Bednar is trying to give RyJo more offensive freedom by pairing him with our two best defensive forwards. Something like "Just go out there and create, these guys will handle the back".

• Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad