Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
I for one am annoyed at the Avs having a laundry list of injuries to report on before camp even begins.

Makar is the most worrisome of them all, having something linger sounds terrible. I just want to see him play all 82 games for multiple years in his prime. Is that too much to ask?

Reactions: Alienblood

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
IMG_1699.gif

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
What injury did Makar have last year that is still lingering. I can't remember what part of the body? Was it his knee or shoulder?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I for one am annoyed at the Avs having a laundry list of injuries to report on before camp even begins.

Makar is the most worrisome of them all, having something linger sounds terrible. I just want to see him play all 82 games for multiple years in his prime. Is that too much to ask?
Yes.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
God that Manson contract continues to look HORRIBLE

I doubt they would have signed him if he got to the UFA market. They probably placed a priority on signing the pending UFAs who were willing to sign early, at the time not an strategy that's hard to understand. But yeah in hindsight it's not working out especially if he never returns to his form from the Cup run.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
What's everyone's take on the 4th line? Is it Meyers, Holland, Kiviranta, Pavel or Tufte? I'm not too worried if a winger beats out Meyers as I think Cogliano can handle the 4th line center duties. What's important is the ability to get the puck into the offensive zone, cycle, get some momentum and then let Nate's line come in and hammer it home.

I'd love to read some camp comments if anyone is going.

Reactions: MarkT

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
What's everyone's take on the 4th line? Is it Meyers, Holland, Kiviranta, Pavel or Tufte? I'm not too worried if a winger beats out Meyers as I think Cogliano can handle the 4th line center duties. What's important is the ability to get the puck into the offensive zone, cycle, get some momentum and then let Nate's line come in and hammer it home.

I'd love to read some camp comments if anyone is going.
I think it'll be Cogs - Meyers - LoC to start the season, but I'm sure the center will get shuffled a bunch in the early goings, due to injury and the up and down play of Meyers.

But I also know very little about all of our PTOs, so hopefully one of them turns into a LBN for us.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad