Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Avs will have media trained Nuke to answer every question with "no habla ingles".

They should tell everyone he's gonna use a translator app on his phone, but really he just has Jean Martineau on speaker.

Then Val can say "Go f*** yourself" in Russian to every question and Martineau can "translate" with the scripted responses they have drawn up.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Altitude is already hammering health as their talking point. This team had the second highest MGL in the covid short season with months of offseason. They have the highest MGL in the league since the year 2000.

Where did last year rank in those 20+ years though? I don't know if it was the worst in terms of total man games lost, but it sure felt like the most injury plagued season I've ever seen the Avs have.

They were literally never healthy. And the injuries were to key players too. When one guy would come back they'd lose another guy the same game almost every single time. It was nuts. Not to mention key players playing injured all year like Makar and Val.

When people talk about the Avs having better luck injury wise next year, it means just that. Better luck. But the counter arguments are always that we shouldn't expect the Avs to be healthy or play 82 games, which is just a strawman. They don't have to be healthy or play 82 games for it to benefit them more than last year.

They don't even have be in the top half of the healthiest teams in the league next year for it to be a big step up from last season. They just have to not have one of their worst injury plagued seasons ever, and for it not to continue into the playoffs, which isn't at all unrealistic to hope for.

It was so bad last year, that if we're just talking in terms of pure probability, the odds are a lot more likely they'll have less injuries than they did last year, than it is they'll have as many, and as consistently over the full season.

Last year was an outlier even for a team with the most MGL since 2000, and that ranking hasn't prevented them from winning 2 Cups, 7 division championships, and 2 President's Trophy's (almost 3) in that time.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Where did last year rank in those 20+ years though? I don't know if it was the worst in terms of total man games lost, but it sure felt like the most injury plagued season I've ever seen the Avs have.

They were literally never healthy. And the injuries were to key players too. When one guy would come back they'd lose another guy the same game almost every single time. It was nuts. Not to mention key players playing injured all year like Makar and Val.

When people talk about the Avs having better luck injury wise next year, it means just that. Better luck. But the counter arguments are always that we shouldn't expect the Avs to be healthy or play 82 games, which is just a strawman. They don't have to be healthy or play 82 games for it to benefit them more than last year.

They don't even have be in the top half of the healthiest teams in the league next year for it to be a big step up from last season. They just have to not have one of their worst injury plagued seasons ever, and for it not to continue into the playoffs, which isn't at all unrealistic to hope for.

It was so bad last year, that if we're just talking in terms of pure probability, the odds are a lot more likely they'll have less injuries than they did last year, than it is they'll have as many, and as consistently over the full season.

Last year was an outlier even for a team with the most MGL since 2000, and that ranking hasn't prevented them from winning 2 Cups, 7 division championships, and 2 President's Trophy's (almost 3) in that time.
The bolded is really what made last year so different than other injury-filled seasons. It was one star after another. At one point we had three top-6 out for a decent amount of time. Just crazy.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Could Babcock be hired as Nukes personal accountability coach for the team?
images

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Could Babcock be hired as Nukes personal accountability coach for the team?
They can hire him as a phone cleaner. If those who don’t know what that is, it’s simple. You know how over the years your phone gets filled up with bunch of pictures and videos which you spend tons of time to go through them and erase them, the ones you don’t need. Well you hire someone to do it for you. I think Babcock would be great at that job

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
They can hire him as a phone cleaner. If those who don’t know what that is, it’s simple. You know how over the years your phone gets filled up with bunch of pictures and videos which you spend tons of time to go through them and erase them, the ones you don’t need. Well you hire someone to do it for you. I think Babcock would be great at that job
Oh, you actually delete old useless pictures of bullshit?

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Most of the picture in my phone are outdated work documents which I don’t need but I’m too lazy to go through them and erase them. The only thing valuable in my photos are pictures of my kid and couple of my wife. I can hire Babcock to go through them and erase all those docs I don’t need

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
My iPhone SE (1st Gen) is just about on its last legs.

I'm torn between ditching the smartphone all together and getting a dumb flip phone or trying out the Android side of things for the first time with the new Razr smartphone. Really, unless I'm traveling I only use my phone for is for its bluetooth capabilities (I like to listen to my iTunes in the car). The traveling thing though...I do go international once a year and since my Spanish sucks, having a translation app is handy but probably also a crutch preventing me from just practicing and getting comfortable enough to get by.

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad