Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
I kind of wish we had brought back Bellemare for the 4C. He signed for 700,000 with Seattle.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
It depends on how far back you go. They traded a 1st for Varlamov.

They also traded a 1st for the player that was once Adam Foote. I damn near lost my mind at the time.

But I hear you. Doesn't happen all that often.

P.S. The Varlamov trade made me think of something: In the decade between 2012 and 2022, the Avs traded for 5 goaltenders. The cumulative cost was two 1sts, three 2nds, two 3rds, one 5th, and Timmins. Would be nice if they could draft and develop a starter in goal.

That pick was Forsberg, who was traded to Nashville. Which was a hilariously stupid ass trade.

Richard Doll

Feb 18, 2020
Saint Albans, Vermont
In reality, whomever starts on whichever line is just words on a depth chart at the start of a game.

Bednar will always rotate guys up and down the line, depending on situation.

Hopefully he keeps the guys that start on the 4th line glued to the 4th line though.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Pauly walnuts won't get a legit contract, his options are basically PTO or league minimum to around 1M or Europe.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_6496.jpeg

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
You can wish the Avs to trade their 1st round picks all you want but it takes two teams to make a trade. If the other teams don't offer the desired value in return there will be no trade even if the Avs' FO want to do it. The issue with the desired value could be one of, or a combination of, player(s) being too old, not a good enough skater(s), not a good fit on and/or off the ice, quantity vs quality, etc.

And trading their 1st rounders at the TDL adds another significant issue...you overpay a lot for the player you wish to acquire. Sometimes it is worth it if that player puts it over the top but how often have teams won the SC when trading a 1st at the TDL? More often than not it backfires.

I didn't think Joe had it in him to do something like that. :laugh::naughty:

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This is what happens when you have one of the best wrist shots in hockey history. Everyone thinks every goal you scored was a wrist shot. Just like Ovi, I think he scored all of his 822 goals with that one timer from his office

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Bellemare is cooked. Can't skate anymore, especially not on this team where skating is paramount to success.
That is what I thought at the time but he looked good still in Tampa. It will be interesting to see how he does in Seattle. They are a fast skating team too.

If I remember right Tampa offered him two years and Colorado were only willing to offer one which is the main reason he chose Tampa.
That is how I remember it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad