Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It depends on how far back you go. They traded a 1st for Varlamov.

They also traded a 1st for the player that was once Adam Foote. I damn near lost my mind at the time.

But I hear you. Doesn't happen all that often.
I mean, I used to understand the value of draft picks when Joe Sakic was in charge. Second round picks got work done. With CMac in charge though a 2nd gets you Lars f***ing Eller. Picks aren't what they used to be, that's for sure. Maybe they will start using the 1st in trades, CMac's apparently taken to wiping his ass with 2nds.

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
this has to be an all in year. All 1st round picks should be on the table. I honestly give them a pass for last year the team just didn't have the drive and everything seemed to go wrong.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

I'd call up Halak

I'm not really into cap gymnastics that much with this LTIR bullshit. Could we sign a goalie for league minimum without Frankie being on LTIR, or would we have to waive someone we don't want to or something?

f*** the NHL for making fans do arithmetic.

Last edited:

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
is it time to consider moving on from frankie? hes been great in his time here , but just always dealing with injuries
What do you mean by "moving on"? Should the Avs re-sign him? Absolutely not. But there's no easy way to get rid of him either. I guess you could try to waive him.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

I'd call up Halak

I'm not really into cap gymnastics that much with this LTIR bullshit. Could we sign a goalie for league minimum without Frankie being on LTIR, or would we have to waive someone we don't want to or something?

CapFriendly has the Avs with $525K in cap space, with Meyers and Olofsson on the roster. They send one of them down and they would have $1.3M in cap space. That should be enough.

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
What do you mean by "moving on"? Should the Avs re-sign him? Absolutely not. But there's no easy way to get rid of him either. I guess you could try to waive him.
yea waive/LTIR him and just send him on his way, i cant see anyone trading for him

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

I'd call up Halak

I like Halak, but personally speaking, he's done. He was completely awful for the Rags last season.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I like Halak, but personally speaking, he's done. He was completely awful for the Rags last season.
Meh. He started awful, but was a decent backup later on. Would've rather had him than Quick for the league minimum Quick signed. And a lot of that "awful" was more about the Rangers as a team being awful than Halak shitting the bed.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
No Jonathan Quick please. And no Halak either.

He'd cost more than that but I'd pay up.
Well you can breathe with Quick, because he's with the Rangers.

As for Halak, why not? I'd rather have him than any other 3rd stringer, provided he's willing to do it for the league minimum. And at this point, I would imagine he'd jump on that chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad