Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I very much like what CMac has done this offseason. Yeah, betting on a lot of guys to bounce back, continue developing, or breaking through. But that's kinda what we have to do considering our cap and asset situation. I think he's done well under those circumstances.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Which PTO gets a contract? Kiviranta?

525k left, someone might have to be sent down so maybe no pto

Yeah if they sign a PTO it'll likely be for an AHL deal or they beat out Olofsson for the 13th forward slot.

Kiviranta is my guess on the one who gets a deal. But I wouldn't even be surprised if they don't sign any of them.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Beginning of offseason, HFAvs: "there's no way we can fill out our roster with this cap situation!!'

McFarland, by September: Tatar & Drouin for 2.3M combined

I tried telling ya'll for months. As soon as the Johansen news came down I knew we'd be just fine.
I respectfully disagree with the Drouin mention. He's not some sort of Ark of the Covenant here, he was always going to get around the bare minimum due to his constant LoAs'.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Beginning of offseason, HFAvs: "there's no way we can fill out our roster with this cap situation!!'

I tried telling ya'll for months. As soon as the Johansen news came down I knew we'd be just fine.

It is a roster, no doubt about that.

Is it a good one? Still remains to be seen.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I mean still plenty of questions to be asked here. Can Drouin be a legit top 6 player, can Tatar be useful in the playoffs, is Colton a C, which Ryjo do we get? At the very minimum the depth is at a very good level and should help the top guys out a bit. But per usual the 2C spot is still in an iffy spot. What RyJo we get will decide if its a fine season or a great one.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019

It's definitely a good one. Is it the best in the league? Maybe not anymore like it was a couple years ago. But it's definitely a good overall team with a few game breaking superstars.

Put it this way, many teams in the league would trade rosters with the Avs in a second.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It's definitely a good one. Is it the best in the league, maybe not anymore like it was a couple years ago. But it's definitely a good overall team with a few game breaking superstars.

Put it this way, many teams in the league would trade rosters with the Avs in a second.

I'm optimistic... But there's a lot of questions still remaining.

Johansen, Drouin and Wood are all playing roles at least 1 full line above what they were capable of last year.

So, we'll see. It's definitely playoff caliber now. But I still think it's a lot of uncertainty regarding whether it's a Top 5 team across the league, or more of a ~10th place team.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

11c559fe93946cf1-822x617.png

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I respectfully disagree with the Drouin mention. He's not some sort of Ark of the Covenant here, he was always going to get around the bare minimum due to his constant LoAs'.
Drouin will produce as long as he's in the lineup. There's also the MacKinnon factor to keeping him focused and engaged. Also being out of MTL will help immensely for a player like that

I mean still plenty of questions to be asked here. Can Drouin be a legit top 6 player, can Tatar be useful in the playoffs, is Colton a C, which Ryjo do we get? At the very minimum the depth is at a very good level and should help the top guys out a bit. But per usual the 2C spot is still in an iffy spot. What RyJo we get will decide if its a fine season or a great one.
Only 1 of Tatar or Drouin need to be useful in the POs. With Kovalenko coming over Tatar can move to the 4th line if necessary. Both RyJo and Drouin have shown to perform in the POs in the past, I'm not worried about them at all. Tatar will cover their lack of regular season motivation

Reactions: CobraAcesS

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I feel like the Avalanche took a Vegas approach overall to the offseason. Lots of buy low guys that can get motivated to come in and gain some value back. With that a good amount of depth added.

Hopefully they can be healthy and play with some fire this year and carry that into the playoffs. Just get in and then get to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad