Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Somehow God made you with the ability to talk like this and not jinx the f*** out of us. That is clear. I will just like your posts. That's as far as I can go.

Excuse me while I go have a conversation with @The Kingslayer about how much Drouin sucks even though I have been rooting for him since Tampa.

Thanks 🖐

God probably just ignores me mate, rolls his eyes at me, and considers what I say as waffle :thumbu: I'm THAT poster to him/her, haha.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm kinda glad we spent the money now instead of at the deadline. We got a player that can help during the whole season for 0 asset.

Still wish we could find a way to get another reliable bottom RHD though, especially with Manson health situation and JJ being in the top 6.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Landeskog is not going to be back for the playoffs, let’s be realistic. If we’re going to win this year, we need pretty good injury luck, we need better goaltending for George, we need a bunch of these question mark moves to pay off in unison and we would also need ownership to sign off on LTIR abuse (officially shelf people who are hurt later in the season to make room for deadline trades).

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm kinda glad we spent the money now instead of at the deadline. We got a player that can help during the whole season for 0 asset.

Still wish we could find a way to get another reliable bottom RHD though, especially with Manson health situation and JJ being in the top 6.
Gotta trade a roster player or send players down to create cap space for a d-man. Avs have zero cap space after the Tatar signing

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

This..

I've been penciling in a rookie trying to make it make sense. JJ as a #6 isn't depth at defense.

Reactions: Balthazar

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked if the whole team broke down last season because lack of depth and our top players were overplayed. We probably learnt something from last season. You shouldn't burn out your best players in the regular season just so you make it to playoffs. We basically did that last season. It cost us big time. :(

Our whole aim should be to play great hockey in the playoffs. Regular season is warm-up games.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Who wouldn't want Stanley Cup full of hot dogs though? :) Sign me up

Phill is blessed from being cursed by Toronto. They wish they've touched the cup half as many times lol.

To be honest, I wouldn't be shocked if the whole team broke down last season because lack of depth and our top players were overplayed. We probably learnt something from last season. You shouldn't burn out your best players in the regular season just so you make it to playoffs. We basically did that last season. It costs us big time. :(

Our whole aim should be to play great hockey in the playoffs. Regular season is warm-up games.

This is what happened..

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Landeskog is not going to be back for the playoffs, let’s be realistic. If we’re going to win this year, we need pretty good injury luck, we need better goaltending for George, we need a bunch of these question mark moves to pay off in unison and we would also need ownership to sign off on LTIR abuse (officially shelf people who are hurt later in the season to make room for deadline trades).

See, the skeptical balance the optimistic

Good job lol

Reactions: the_fan

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Imagine Toronto thinking Kessel was cursed and impossible to win with when they haven't won a Cup in sixty years or something stupid like that. :D

That's what happened, and now they can't win with that core. That city, and that teams arrogance bleeds into everything they do, and they just get boinked every time. It's almost as ridiculous as Edmonton having Gretzky, trading him, and then getting McDavid.

Sometimes your Karma just amounts to a fkn rotten egg lmao.

I'm mean lol

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The Avs may do some shit that pisses us off being loyal, but I'll take it over other organizations that have won.

Vegas isn't getting close again. They traded any honor that organization had for their cup. Call me crazy

I'll take a team who thrives on second chances coming up big all day. I definitely am happy with our off season. These guys are all primed to prove it with a core that has won. All of our additions are hungry as hell. I'm so ready for the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Moops

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
That's what happened, and now they can't win with that core. That city, and that teams arrogance bleeds into everything they do, and they just get boinked every time. It's almost as ridiculous as Edmonton having Gretzky, trading him, and then getting McDavid.

Sometimes your Karma just amounts to a fkn rotten egg lmao.

I'm mean lol

And somehow I think McDavid will follow Gretzky's footsteps if they don't win something soon. :o

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
And somehow I think McDavid will follow Gretzky's footsteps if they don't win something soon. :o

Yeah..

One thing I love about hockey. I don't care how good that one player is, he can't win on his own. No one player transcends a team.

I don't have any issues with McDavid, but that organization and their fans are maybe the most inept and entitled outside of Toronto.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
RyJo is more talented than JTC but less hard working
Love this Tatar signing ! We really couldn't have LOC on the 3rd line.

As far as Ryjo goes, I think that if he's healthy and engaged, he'll be fine as the #2C on the Avs. If he's even just 'ok', I think the Avs will stay the course and take their chances going into the playoffs.

However, IF it's clearly not working and very clear that he just can't fill that #2C role either because he's a bad fit or just playing lazy then I really could see the Avs flipping him to a team like Washington for a guy like Kuznetsov. Oh and if that happens, it's going to cost - a boatload - but I really believe that the Avs are all-in this year. I don't think they'd wait until the TDL either... if it's not working, I could see this kind of move happen by the time December rolls around.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This..

I've been penciling in a rookie trying to make it make sense. JJ as a #6 isn't depth at defense.
Jack Johnson as a #6 defensemen playing 12-13 minutes per night is fine. The guy fits our system like a glove and has great athletic gifts which allow him to remain mobile despite his age and size.

I get the concern of "well what if he has to play in the top-4 because of injuries?"

Well, that concern is one EVERY team would have if they had to move their #6 up into the top-4.

JMFJ is fine. Manson will get some time off while the Avs give games to *shudder* MacDermid and (hopefully) Malinski so that he's fresh come playoff time. If JMFJ sucks so much to the point where he is unplayable, the Avs will go out and grab a 3rd pairing d-man at the deadline. No big deal.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Significant improvements in the forward group.

Last year:

Lekhonen - MacKinnon - Nichushkin
Rodrigues - Compher - Rantanen
Malgin - Newhook - LOC
Hunt - Meyers - Cogliano

This season:

Drouin - MacKinnon - Nichushkin
Lehkonen - Johansen - Rantanen
Tatar - Colton - Wood
Cogs - Meyers - OC/Kovalenko

Out: Rodrigues, Compher, Newhook

In: Johansen, Colton, Wood, Drouin, Tatar, (Kovalenko)

Last year, the stars on this team didn’t have any support. This season they’ve got a squad with them. Excited for the season.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Manson will get some time off while the Avs give games to *shudder* MacDermid and (hopefully) Malinski so that he's fresh come playoff time. If JMFJ sucks so much to the point where he is unplayable, the Avs will go out and grab a 3rd pairing d-man at the deadline. No big deal.
Manson's health is a question mark, Byram is Byram, Makar misses a bunch of games every year and JJ is 36 (turning 37 mid season).

MacDermid, who should never play another shift at D in the NHL, is our #7.

We need defense depth, it's not true that every team is the same. We have the high end guys but our depth is well below average while our injury history is well above average.

D depth is the only weak link left on the roster IMO. If we could find a way to trade MacDermid++ for a cheap NHL caliber right handed defenseman it would be perfect. Ideally one that can PK.

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Manson's health is a question mark, Byram is Byram, Makar misses a bunch of games every year and JJ is 36 (turning 37 mid season).

MacDermid, who should never play another shift at D in the NHL, is our #7.

We need defense depth, it's not true that every team is the same. We have the high end guys but our depth is well below average.
Man, you can literally say this about every single team in the league.

You can't say that our depth is well below average. What the f*** depth around the league are you looking at that's better than ours? Unless a team has bonafide NHL defensemen stashed in the AHL just hanging out, that part of your post is just not correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad