Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Drouin will produce as long as he's in the lineup. There's also the MacKinnon factor to keeping him focused and engaged. Also being out of MTL will help immensely for a player like that

Only 1 of Tatar or Drouin need to be useful in the POs. With Kovalenko coming over Tatar can move to the 4th line if necessary. Both RyJo and Drouin have shown to perform in the POs in the past, I'm not worried about them at all. Tatar will cover their lack of regular season motivation
I mean realistically the additions on the wing aren’t going to make or break the RS like it didn’t last year. Tatar, Drouin, and Kovalenko could all flop and we‘d still make the playoffs most likely. But if we’re gonna win rounds RyJo needs to sort it out. If he plays like he did last year and 3 and 4 years ago we’re gonna have major problems in the post season again.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Regardless of how the season goes, I do like that they've nabbed two decent UFAs in back to back offseasons -- Rodrigues and Tatar -- who clearly wanted better contracts, busted out, and have come to the Avs to recuperate value. If Tatar does well and secures a decent contract next offseason ala Rodrigues then it might begin a nice little precedent of the Avs as a destination place for these sorts of players to come to on the cheap for 1 year.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Regardless of how the season goes, I do like that they've nabbed two decent UFAs in back to back offseasons -- Rodrigues and Tatar -- who clearly wanted better contracts, busted out, and have come to the Avs to recuperate value. If Tatar does well and secures a decent contract next offseason ala Rodrigues then it might begin a nice little precedent of the Avs as a destination place for these sorts of players to come to on the cheap for 1 year.

They got Val for $850k in late August before the 2019-20 season too.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I very much like what CMac has done this offseason. Yeah, betting on a lot of guys to bounce back, continue developing, or breaking through. But that's kinda what we have to do considering our cap and asset situation. I think he's done well under those circumstances.

I couldn't agree more. We had to take few gambles. Now it's up to our luck.

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
Has there been any sort of update on Landeskog? Did the surgeon proclaim the transplant a success? Is he already doing triathlons? Did things go wrong and they had to amputate? Anything?

• Haha
Reactions: Peter Peckerwood

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Has there been any sort of update on Landeskog? Did the surgeon proclaim the transplant a success? Is he already doing triathlons? Did things go wrong and they had to amputate? Anything?

That Cmac interview is the only time I've seen how he's doing mentioned since he spoke.

Reactions: Markster

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
What realistic trade could still be done to push us over the top? Mostly for the lols, though.
Kessel could be the 13th forward and probably okay 40+ games with our injury luck. Same with Parise. Might as well grab old guys because for some reason they'll stay healthy

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

That Cmac interview is the only time I've seen how he's doing mentioned since he spoke.

He did release a few videos on his Instagram of him swimming in a pool, riding on a exercise bike and whatnot back in June after the procedure.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
C-Mac for this up coming season
Tomas Tatar - signed 1.5M per, 1 season
Ben Meyers - extended 1 year - 775k
Nikolai Kovalenko - 2 year entry level contract
Ross Colton - signed 4 years (traded for with 23 2nd rounder) 4M per, 4 season
Justus Annuen - extended 1 year - Eagles contract
Jack Johnson - extended 1 year - 775k
Chris Wagner - signed 1 year - two way contract
Andrew Cogliano - signed 1 year - 825k
Miles Wood - signed 6 years - 2.5M per
Bowen Byram - extended 2 years - 3.85M per
Jonathan Drouin - signed 1 year - 825k
Ryan Johansen (traded for Galchenyuk) - 50% salary retained 4M per, 2 seasons
Frederik Olofsson - signed 1 year - 775k

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

Honestly a pretty solid off-season. If we can stay healthy this year, I have big expectations for this group

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Honestly a pretty solid off-season. If we can stay healthy this year, I have big expectations for this group

And rightly so mate, we aren't Stanley Cup favorites for no reason - you add a Landy to that come playoff time, lookout. He seems extremely committed and professional, so I have no doubts he'd specialize both his diet and training to at least be constitutionally fit enough to put in decent minutes.

Cups comin' home baby..

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
And rightly so mate, we aren't Stanley Cup favorites for no reason - you add a Landy to that come playoff time, lookout. He seems extremely committed and professional, so I have no doubts he'd specialize both his diet and training to at least be constitutionally fit enough to put in decent minutes.

Cups comin' home baby..

Somehow God made you with the ability to talk like this and not jinx the f*** out of us. That is clear. I will just like your posts. That's as far as I can go.

Excuse me while I go have a conversation with @The Kingslayer about how much Drouin sucks even though I have been rooting for him since Tampa.

Thanks 🖐

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Gets a 7.5/10 max because of the two bolded moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad