Prospect Info: 2023-24 prospect information - BUT WHERE ARE THEY GOING TO PLAY?!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Prospect polls starting on 2/3 - what to do with #1?

• Get the formality over with and give Nikishin #1

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Start at the #1 prospect vote and give room for debate at the spot

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Canes had a STH event today at PNC, watch a morning skate + Q&A with Mike, Shane and Waddell. Also Jeff Daniels

Bet that went well…

1706375043697.gif

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Waddell said the team had a deal to purchase an AHL franchise in November that fell through when the owner backed out at the last minute. And they're working on something now and we should hear about it within 30 days.
Wow. If it isn’t Chicago then some NHL team will be short an ahl team of course.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
llikely question from STH:

Jeff, I have a two-part question for you: first, will there be a dumb and dumber 3 and second, why do you still have a job in the nhl?
Since RBA took over in 18-19 with Daniels as the assistant coach in over 400 games:
Canes:
- 9th best in the NHL in GF/GP
- 10th best in the NHL in PP%
- 4th best in Point %. in the NHL

I have no clue if Daniels is a good coach, a bad coach, a mediocre coach or has no impact what-so-ever, but given the talent level on Carolina, it doesn't seem to me like they are underperforming the expectations.

One argument could be that during the playoffs, the numbers are much worse and I'd agree with that, but I think the defensive numbers (PK%, GA) have also been much worse as well.

Also, seems odd to be complaining about him in a season where our PP is 3rd best in the NHL currently.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Whoever the team that loses their AHL franchise (if any) They will pick up Chicago, IMO
This Chicago absolutely sucks without being able to ice some fringe NHL players. They will have an affiliate next season. Would love for "Cheapo Dundon" to buy some AHL team and be able to have full control of the development of the players at that level

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
This Chicago absolutely sucks without being able to ice some fringe NHL players. They will have an affiliate next season. Would love for "Cheapo Dundon" to buy some AHL team and be able to have full control of the development of the players at that level
Yep. The Wolves learned their lesson the hard way this season. Unfortunately for us since we were the idiots caught without a seat when the music stopped as a result.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Just saw this on the Book:

Three Canes prospects have been nominated for The Hobey Baker Award!

Awarded to the best individual player in college hockey, Bradley Nadeau, Scott Morrow, and Jackson Blake all made the initial round of nominations.

Nadeau, the 2023 first round pick of the Carolina Hurricanes, is tied for 8th in scoring out of 1610 NCAA D1 skaters. The 18 year-old has 31 points in 22 games for Maine.

21 year-old Scott Morrow, a 2nd round selection in 2021, has scored 21 points for UMass.

A fourth round pick in 2021, Jackson Blake has scored 30 points in 24 games for the University of North Dakota.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Wheeler started his pipeline ratings again. Got kicked off with the Isles at 32. We should see boston, tb, pitt, vegas, edm, etc all over the next week.

We were 14 post draft. Im expecting a slightly better position this time.

1. None of our guys that are highly rated fall off (Jarvis, nikishin, morrow, etc).
2. While gunler (5th) should fall to the bottom of the list, Nadeau, pono, FUS and a couple of others should have their overall ranking improve. Jarvis’ likely looks slightly better too with his production so far.
3. It’s likely that a team ahead of us sees a small drop.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Wheeler started his pipeline ratings again. Got kicked off with the Isles at 32. We should see boston, tb, pitt, vegas, edm, etc all over the next week.

We were 14 post draft. Im expecting a slightly better position this time.

1. None of our guys that are highly rated fall off (Jarvis, nikishin, morrow, etc).
2. While gunler (5th) should fall to the bottom of the list, Nadeau, pono, FUS and a couple of others should have their overall ranking improve. Jarvis’ likely looks slightly better too with his production so far.
3. It’s likely that a team ahead of us sees a small drop.

Jarvis should almost certainly not be on the list based on his rules.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
More Important than the ranking is that we have a legit pipeline that combined with Aho-Svetch-Jarvis-Drury-Necas will extend our competitive window through 2030ish.
Things absolutely can change quickly in this league but yeah the team really is set up for long term sustained success. Assuming we make the playoffs this year that's already 6 straight playoff appearances, we have a very young core still and some great prospects and a front office that excels at finding value in all different places. Honestly think we could go 15-20+ total years without missing the playoffs. Hopefully a Cup win or 2 in there too

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Things absolutely can change quickly in this league but yeah the team really is set up for long term sustained success. Assuming we make the playoffs this year that's already 6 straight playoff appearances, we have a very young core still and some great prospects and a front office that excels at finding value in all different places. Honestly think we could go 15-20+ total years without missing the playoffs. Hopefully a Cup win or 2 in there too
good points.....a Boston model, excellence for a long time.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I know you couched it appropriately as "I think we *could*", but it's impossible to predict that far out. 20 years is at 14 years from now. By that time, Sebastian Aho will be 40 and probably coaching or starting a small business. Svech will be 39. Our most recent draftees will be 34 and most will sign as UFAs with other teams or never make the show.

We're well positioned for success, but it is nigh impossible to make any predictions that far out.

I do predict that 16 years from now I'll be even more ornery, and will long for when gas was $3 a gallon and cereal boxes were $6 for two servings, and why is this kid on my lawn.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I know you couched it appropriately as "I think we *could*", but it's impossible to predict that far out. 20 years is at 14 years from now. By that time, Sebastian Aho will be 40 and probably coaching or starting a small business. Svech will be 39. Our most recent draftees will be 34 and most will sign as UFAs with other teams or never make the show.

We're well positioned for success, but it is nigh impossible to make any predictions that far out.

I do predict that 16 years from now I'll be even more ornery, and will long for when gas was $3 a gallon and cereal boxes were $6 for two servings, and why is this kid on my lawn.
More of a projection than prediction. The way this front office approaches team building is what has me saying that along with Dundon's willingness to spend to the cap every year and even pay $ straight up for assets to improve the team (i.e. buying Toronto's 1st which became Jarvis). Yes, there are a lot of factors but I see us as being as good of a bet of any team in the last decade+ to have a playoff streak that long.

Reactions: cptjeff

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
More of a projection than prediction. The way this front office approaches team building is what has me saying that along with Dundon's willingness to spend to the cap every year and even pay $ straight up for assets to improve the team (i.e. buying Toronto's 1st which became Jarvis). Yes, there are a lot of factors but I see us as being as good of a bet of any team in the last decade+ to have a playoff streak that long.
I think the unspoken issue right now is how long Dunedin will keep the team?

He is a private equity type guy to me and they don’t typically keep assets that long.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I think the unspoken issue right now is how long Dunedin will keep the team?

He is a private equity type guy to me and they don’t typically keep assets that long.

I see Dundon as more of a Mark Cuban type at this point than Wolf of Wall Street. And even if not, I suspect the real estate development and gambling aspects will keep him occupied for the immediate future. Dundon selling is pretty low on my list of things to be worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad