Prospect Info: 2023-24 prospect information - BUT WHERE ARE THEY GOING TO PLAY?!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Prospect polls starting on 2/3 - what to do with #1?

• Get the formality over with and give Nikishin #1

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Start at the #1 prospect vote and give room for debate at the spot

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
@Joe McGrath @Gocanes0506 (didn't quote your posts) re: Samsonov

I remember reading this summer where he said he won't be returning to Carolina, so the is no longer with the Canes

EDIT: A quick google search came up with this.

Surprising given all the Ru players that Canes have drafted recently.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Has anyone been keeping an eye on Suzuki?

I think he's being overlooked.
I don’t think he will ever get a run in a Canes uniform. Plus, Increasingly less likely as other Canes younger players mature.

Suzuki will probably need to join another team to get to the NHL (and hopefully stay healthy).

Reactions: WreckingCrew

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
I've seen most of Blake's games. On the downside he can be a turnover machine, although he's getting better at not doing it in a bad spot. He also can be a misadventure in his own zone. I know these are bad things. On the other hand, he is off-the-charts brilliant offensively. He has more deception in his game than all but a handful. Given his size, I don't think he's ready for the NHL, so I'm not sure he signs this year.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Wheeler started his pipeline ratings again. Got kicked off with the Isles at 32. We should see boston, tb, pitt, vegas, edm, etc all over the next week.

We were 14 post draft. Im expecting a slightly better position this time.

1. None of our guys that are highly rated fall off (Jarvis, nikishin, morrow, etc).
2. While gunler (5th) should fall to the bottom of the list, Nadeau, pono, FUS and a couple of others should have their overall ranking improve. Jarvis’ likely looks slightly better too with his production so far.
3. It’s likely that a team ahead of us sees a small drop.
We are 11 teams in and 8 of the teams are eastern conference foes, including the Debils who dropped to 22.

5 Atlantic teams: Boston, TB, Florida, Ottawa and Toronto in the bottom 11
3 Metro: NYI, Pittsburgh, and NJ

3 western teams: Vegas, Edmonton, and Colorado.

Rangers and Washington should be in the next 5.

We could win the war of attrition.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
We are 11 teams in and 8 of the teams are eastern conference foes, including the Debils who dropped to 22.

5 Atlantic teams: Boston, TB, Florida, Ottawa and Toronto in the bottom 11
3 Metro: NYI, Pittsburgh, and NJ

3 western teams: Vegas, Edmonton, and Colorado.

Rangers and Washington should be in the next 5.

We could win the war of attrition.
It is kinda wild that the Metro division has some great young players but shit for prospects outside the NHL. CBJ is good, and us and Philly are decent, and the other teams basically don't have a farm at all.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
It is kinda wild that the Metro division has some great young players but shit for prospects outside the NHL. CBJ is good, and us and Philly are decent, and the other teams basically don't have a farm at all.
NJ has used up theres so its a little expected. There’s would be higher if their guys weren’t playing already.

NYIs haven’t been good drafters and been a fray playoff team for a while.

Washington and Pittsburgh have had their days in the sun blowing draft capital.

Philly had their previous GM who blew draft capital and such at drafting.

Rangers have their picks and have made some big trades too. Their drafting has only been okay.

Columbus just sucks all around.

Not too surprising that’s how our division has gone. Outside of Columbus, everyone is where they should be based on moves / promotions

Reactions: cptjeff

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Wheeler started his pipeline ratings again. Got kicked off with the Isles at 32. We should see boston, tb, pitt, vegas, edm, etc all over the next week.

We were 14 post draft. Im expecting a slightly better position this time.

1. None of our guys that are highly rated fall off (Jarvis, nikishin, morrow, etc).
2. While gunler (5th) should fall to the bottom of the list, Nadeau, pono, FUS and a couple of others should have their overall ranking improve. Jarvis’ likely looks slightly better too with his production so far.
3. It’s likely that a team ahead of us sees a small drop.
I think Jarvis will not count:

Criteria

To be eligible for inclusion, a skater must:

1. Be under 23 years old. We know that by the time a player turns 23, he is largely done with the steep upward progression we see in prospects and will begin to plateau.
  2. Not be a full-time NHL player. This is the arbitrary section of the criteria. Here, I trust my judgment for whether or not a rostered NHL player is still likely to bounce between levels more than I trust any pre-determined games played cutoff. Preference for inclusion as an NHL prospect is more likely to be given to teenagers than 22-year-olds.
  3. Either be signed to an NHL contract or selected in the entry draft, without the expiration of either of those rights. Players who are signed to AHL contracts are not considered.
Canes at #12 in this list:

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
NJ has used up theres so its a little expected. There’s would be higher if their guys weren’t playing already.

NYIs haven’t been good drafters and been a fray playoff team for a while.

Washington and Pittsburgh have had their days in the sun blowing draft capital.

Philly had their previous GM who blew draft capital and such at drafting.

Rangers have their picks and have made some big trades too. Their drafting has only been okay.

Columbus just sucks all around.

Not too surprising that’s how our division has gone. Outside of Columbus, everyone is where they should be based on moves / promotions
this. Jersey accelerated many of their prospects to develop them in the NHL. So I feel like they have a good young core but that would hurt prospect rankings. Less of an issue with a good young core though.

And Lou has made many deadline deals with 1sts to then sign the rental long term. It makes sense if the Isles feel like they are disadvantaged as a UFA destination but it is preventing the farm from developing top end talent.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
I think Jarvis will not count:

Criteria

To be eligible for inclusion, a skater must:

1. Be under 23 years old. We know that by the time a player turns 23, he is largely done with the steep upward progression we see in prospects and will begin to plateau.
  2. Not be a full-time NHL player. This is the arbitrary section of the criteria. Here, I trust my judgment for whether or not a rostered NHL player is still likely to bounce between levels more than I trust any pre-determined games played cutoff. Preference for inclusion as an NHL prospect is more likely to be given to teenagers than 22-year-olds.
  3. Either be signed to an NHL contract or selected in the entry draft, without the expiration of either of those rights. Players who are signed to AHL contracts are not considered.
Canes at #12 in this list:
That was pointed out before. My only question is why were Laf and Kakko included in the August rankings for NYR? I don’t think its a foregone conclusion that he won’t be, wheeler seems to use this criteria when he wants to

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad