Prospect Info: 2023-24 prospect information - BUT WHERE ARE THEY GOING TO PLAY?!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Prospect polls starting on 2/3 - what to do with #1?

• Get the formality over with and give Nikishin #1

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Start at the #1 prospect vote and give room for debate at the spot

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Reactions: WreckingCrew

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
What do you guys think the plans are for Nyström next season? Is he going over to the AHL or do you want him seasoning (pun intended) in SHL for another season?

edit: forgot, he's not signed! But the question remains, what do you think the Canes plans are for him?

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
What do you guys think the plans are for Nyström next season? Is he going over to the AHL or do you want him seasoning (pun intended) in SHL for another season?

edit: forgot, he's not signed! But the question remains, what do you think the Canes plans are for him?
It depends on our situation. Once we know what is going on with our AHL situation, we would know the answer. I assume we will at least have him on contract when his SHL deal is up and he’ll be at prospect camp.

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
It depends on our situation. Once we know what is going on with our AHL situation, we would know the answer. I assume we will at least have him on contract when his SHL deal is up and he’ll be at prospect camp.
You don't have to wait until the SHL season is done and contract is up. Drafted players can have contracts in both NHL/AHL and SHL but I understand. The problem for you I guess is that the SHL teams don't want to wait for your prospect camps to set their rosters.

Say for example that Albert Johansson wants to move back to SHL and Färjestad and Nyström is uncertain, then I think Färjestad would sign Albert to know what's what for the up-coming season.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
You don't have to wait until the SHL season is done and contract is up. Drafted players can have contracts in both NHL/AHL and SHL but I understand. The problem for you I guess is that the SHL teams don't want to wait for your prospect camps to set their rosters.

Say for example that Albert Johansson wants to move back to SHL and Färjestad and Nyström is uncertain, then I think Färjestad would sign Albert to know what's what for the up-coming season.
We don’t have to wait but we typically wait. It allows us to have more control of the player. Im hoping we get him on a deal this offseason and over to North America. He is out performing his draft status. Get Forsmark signed the following year as well. The future is bright for both.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
And the guy that is 3rd in the NCAA in scoring is the prospect we gave up for Tony DeAngelo! Yeah, I know he's 22 years old so it's not apples to apples.
I've followed Rizzo for a while, I think his absolute ceiling is Ryan Dzingel. Which is certainly amazing for where we picked him and not ideal to give up just to stay in good graces around the league for the TDA situation, but ultimately I don't think we're missing out on that much by letting him go. More likely he's a fringe NHLer. Also there's still the possibility he doesn't even sign with Philly and could go anywhere he wants.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I've followed Rizzo for a while, I think his absolute ceiling is Ryan Dzingel. Which is certainly amazing for where we picked him and not ideal to give up just to stay in good graces around the league for the TDA situation, but ultimately I don't think we're missing out on that much by letting him go. More likely he's a fringe NHLer. Also there's still the possibility he doesn't even sign with Philly and could go anywhere he wants.
Oh, I know. I just enjoyed pointing it out.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
This is your monthly reminder that Justin Robidas is ready for the AHL.
Monthly reminder of how important it is for prospect development to have your own AHL team that you have some semblance of say/control over. I don't care if it costs $100M, we've got to find a way this year to have a designated AHL squad. I promise any guys we have playing for another teams squad are not getting the same treatment and coaching as that teams affiliate prospects.

Justicebork

Jul 13, 2022
I've seen him play twice. Once in VA and once in the Memorial Cup final on TV. So clearly I am an expert on the topic. :)

Just because I'm not aware, is this based on his good stats or have you seen a lot of him this season? Either way, it would be nice for him to get a chance somewhere down the stretch in the A.

Long story short, its based on stats and his skating ability.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I've seen him play twice. Once in VA and once in the Memorial Cup final on TV. So clearly I am an expert on the topic. :)

Long story short, its based on stats and his skating ability.
Thanks for the info. It makes sense that he's ready to move up. I don't think it was a bad thing to have him start in the ECHL regardless of the circumstances that actually put him there but I hope they can find him a place down the stretch. And, of course, I agree with the thought from others that this situation cannot continue beyond this year. We need an affiliate. I don't love that we have not heard anything about that situation recently that I can recall.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

decent info here. nothing as insightful as I would hope. the one nugget is yorke's opinion on Heimo's Liiga team's system and how it is likely preventing Heimo from producing more offense.
Well he just says it’s a restrictive system without saying why or how. This is a guy who would’ve been over here this season if we had an affiliate. Hopefully he’s here next year with all of them. We have quantity we just have little idea about how much quality we have. We have way too many guys to not have our own team.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Reactions: DaveG

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Reactions: cptjeff
Status
Not open for further replies.