Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Big game, hard working winger. I don't think there is a whole lot of NHL upside, but I'm curious to see how he translates to pro hockey. My favorite story is him spurning his dad's recruiting to sign at Mankato. :laugh:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
How is Olaussen doing with the Eagles? His name doesn't come up much. Just checking.
Disappointing for a former 1st rounder, but the flashes of talent are there. IMO he needs to take a big step forward next year... he needs legit AHL production nearing PPG and most importantly, be a lot more consistent instead of a random flash. He still is very much a project with a long ways to go.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
Question about Colorado Eagles tickets. It seems like half of the seats are denoted as "Club" seats. Is there an actual club or something that's worth going to?
The "Club" seats are on the west side and have cushioned seats. You can also order food and drinks and have them delivered to you. I think that's pretty much it.

Reactions: pseudoswede

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Eagle signed another guy, Kyle Mayhew from DU. Defense men. I don’t know anything about him but I’m sure someone does
They’re trying. Respect it. Didn’t the guy they hired from the Blues run the Eagles now? Kevin McDonald? Thought Billington kind of got moved around. I’d like to see an AHL contract at least for Stienburg. No harm in that. But maybe he feels he deserves an NHL one. Cameron Wright was one I followed after they signed him to one. Feel like he should get more AHL ice time considering some of the guys out there.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They’re trying. Respect it. Didn’t the guy they hired from the Blues run the Eagles now? Kevin McDonald? Thought Billington kind of got moved around. I’d like to see an AHL contract at least for Stienburg. No harm in that. But maybe he feels he deserves an NHL one. Cameron Wright was one I followed after they signed him to one. Feel like he should get more AHL ice time considering some of the guys out there.
Yes, Billington has taken on a “goalie development” role that I’m sure is just sending him out to pasture.

Reactions: AvsFan2123

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Small Dman with no offense. Extremely exciting...
He's pretty good, picture a character bloke that brings it every shift. Mayhew is similar to a defensive version of Logan O'Connor, which Logan himself didn't post any noticeable or significant numbers in the NCAA. In terms of player comparison, I think he could carve out a role as a defensive version of Matt Grzelcyk, but a good chance he never makes it to the NHL due to size issues.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He's pretty good, picture a character bloke that brings it every shift. Mayhew is similar to a defensive version of Logan O'Connor, which Logan himself didn't post any noticeable or significant numbers in the NCAA. In terms of player comparison, I think he could carve out a role as a defensive version of Matt Grzelcyk, but a good chance he never makes it to the NHL due to size issues.

So long as he's got even a slightly better shot than Anton Lindholm, there's hope.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I was told that SHL contracts in these kinds of situations are setup so that he can get out of it if he gets an offer from an NHL team. Maybe I was misinformed.
I think the “club” is you get a server who will go get confession items for you. You have to still pay but they’ll go get it and bring to your seat.
Question about Colorado Eagles tickets. It seems like half of the seats are denoted as "Club" seats. Is there an actual club or something that's worth going to?

Reactions: niwotsblessing

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The whole playoffs thing drives me crazy. 7 out of 10 division teams make the play-in, you win that you make the real playoffs. Biggest thing is to finish top 4 in the division (top team gets a bye from the play-in) and host the play-in, it’s best of 3 no travel. Eagles are on the verge of that. But way more important to hype up making the fake playoffs lol.

There’s nothing worthwhile happening with the Eagles players these days.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Thanks for the feedback.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Wow. I for one am very surprised at the NCAA activity the Avs are showing. Sandelin. Mayhew. Polin. Now Stienburg. I know he’s an Avs prospect but **** half the time our own guys don’t get signed cuz they stink. I’m liking it a lot. I feel like we would’ve seen Behrens sign by now if he’s turning pro, which leads me to believe he’s going back for junior year. Which I don’t hate one bit. Keep developing. He’s going to play an important role of a cheap depth player contributing (hopefully) at the NHL level.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
For a development league, I have no issues with it. These leagues are to help kids develop and perhaps soaking in a chance at playoffs will pay some dividends down the line. When it comes to pro leagues? Yeah, no way.
As a season ticket holder I think it sucks and I hate it. In 20 years I've never even come close to missing as many games this year, and last year too. Regular season is completely meaningless unless you really suck, and the Eagles have never really sucked lol. But I guess it goes to show that the AHL is not there for the fans anyway

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah, I'm not a fan of play-ins because we already have a ridiculously long regular season in which to figure out who should be in the playoffs or not. Now I'm all open to getting rid of the loser points and changing the way we dole out points, all games should be worth an equal number of points regardless of outcome. But that's a whole other can of worms.

The only way I would be open to play-ins would be if we reduced the regular season by 10-15 games, started on October 1 and ensured the playoffs were complete by the end of May. And I'm only cool with that because it would give me my long-desired goal of hockey being a predominately winter sport again.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
For a development league, I have no issues with it. These leagues are to help kids develop and perhaps soaking in a chance at playoffs will pay some dividends down the line. When it comes to pro leagues? Yeah, no way.
It’s a participation trophy is what it is. What’s more important for development is to earn something, assuming those that need development even have major roles at that time. It’s more for orgs to claim playoff streaks than to really value those two extra games their players are engaging in. Either the play-in games matter or regular season games down the stretch matter, same difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad