Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
#45 - The Eagles' leading scorer going by PPG:

1677007903776.png

In a 32 team league.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I'm okay with our AHL team. We're still mostly pacing the same as last year in the AHL without a bunch of those AHL vets. Hudon is the only really tweener.
I was filtering on the team leaders. Ranta has one of the worst +/-. It caught my attention because his comments in the pre-season made it sound like he's trying to model his game after Nichuskin. Merkley has the absolute worst +/- but they must be using his stats from his previous AHL team.

I don't really feel ok about the Eagles. Paramount in their mission is to develop players for the big club. Yes, it's not fair because they were all playing on the bottom nine/six around at the same time. But they didn't really show anything either.

The only thing I was pleased to see is that Foudy is listed as a C, has been decently productive, and has a lot of assists. The Avs could use a guy like that.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Foudy’s still out right?
Not anymore, he was back and had a real nice two primary assist night. He was instant impact too.

But yes the Eagles in general are not a productive team, it’s a real possibility nobody over there cracks 50 points this season. Which is why anyone’s production needs context and Foudy basically PPG is huge.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Not anymore, he was back and had a real nice two primary assist night. He was instant impact too.

But yes the Eagles in general are not a productive team, it’s a real possibility nobody over there cracks 50 points this season. Which is why anyone’s production needs context and Foudy basically PPG is huge.
I imagine the guys that are capable of cracking 50 would have but they were busy not being able to produce in the NHL.

I meant that with no disrespect for the players that were called up. I can't accuse a single one of them not trying. It's just that they all had to play with each other when called up, instead of debuting or playing with actual NHL talent to support them. Basically, it was an Eagles forward unit on the ice with an Eagles defensive pairing and either George or Frank in net going up against an actual NHL talent (and of the opposing coach's decision half the time). A lot of these guys were in no-win situations from the drop of the hat, and considering where we are in the standings, they might not have been producing shit, but they sure were treading a lot of f***ing water for us.

I know people say injuries aren't an excuse. I love that mentality. But they really kinda are an excuse when you sit down after the season and reflect. Missing as much top six talent for as long as we have combined with the missing our second pairing for as long as we did. The fact that Landy's calming influence was completely absent as he wasn't even in the country for most of the season didn't help. Then we had some health issues with our depth as well. No team can plan for or afford depth to really do a much better job than we did this season.

The fact that the Eagles (.618) and the Avs (.616) are both in playoff positions and getting healthier is actually just short of amazing in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad