Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Merkley pulls a Graves.

Didn’t see the game so I can’t tell anyone if it was an honest mistake or if he was just forcing something that clearly wasn’t there.
He pinched when everyone was pinching, he did get back as the only man back but didn’t really do much as Henderson player got the shot off. he’s definitely a project.

I actually went back to watch the sequence, Markley skates all the way to the faceoff dot to take the shot and then curls to the side board once he’s done. Galchenyuk was the last high man and he goes all the way to the net for the rebound. Middleton also pinched all the way down too. It was a failure by everyone really but the non situation awareness didn’t help.

I think they are showcasing Sampo on the second line but the byproduct of that is it has given Galchenyuk some life lately.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He pinched when everyone was pinching, he did get back as the only man back but didn’t really do much as Henderson player got the shot off. he’s definitely a project.

I actually went back to watch the sequence, Markley skates all the way to the faceoff dot to take the shot and then curls to the side board once he’s done. Galchenyuk was the last high man and he goes all the way to the net for the rebound. Middleton also pinched all the way down too. It was a failure by everyone really but the non situation awareness didn’t help.

I think they are showcasing Sampo on the second line but the byproduct of that is it has given Galchenyuk some life lately.

How was he aside from that? Seems like a silly thing to drop a guy from the first to third pairing alone.

Or is that just a sign Cronin already has Merkley on a very tight leash?

Maybe he'd been freelancing too much instead of playing within the system? Maybe Cronin knows that's the kind of thing Bednar has very little patience for, like with Zadorov, Greer, etc, so he's sending him that message early, in the hopes he learns it in the AHL, instead of important games in the NHL?

Rythashocka

Mar 21, 2007
Pretty weird they had Foudy in the hardest shot, I thought for sure he'd do fastest skater. Either way, do you guys think he sticks with the big club next year?

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
How was he aside from that? Seems like a silly thing to drop a guy from the first to third pairing alone.

Or is that just a sign Cronin already has Merkley on a very tight leash?

Maybe he'd been freelancing too much instead of playing within the system? Maybe Cronin knows that's the kind of thing Bednar has very little patience for, like with Zadorov, Greer, etc, so he's sending him that message early, in the hopes he learns it in the AHL, instead of important games in the NHL?
What they write on the lineup sheet can’t be taken completely at face value and that was going into this game not after. They always mix things up as the game goes on, sort of like the blender but even more extreme as Cronin likes to really ride whatever half of the roster is really going. I can believe that Cronin is a bit frustrated as the selfish habits are still there. Merkley is fine in a AHL context, not like everyone else doesn’t turn the puck over constantly. I can see the Avs committing to him for another year if Behrens stays in school, if not then they really don’t have the capacity to favor two D prospects at once, one of them will take the back seat.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What they write on the lineup sheet can’t be taken completely at face value and that was going into this game not after. They always mix things up as the game goes on, sort of like the blender but even more extreme as Cronin likes to really ride whatever half of the roster is really going. I can believe that Cronin is a bit frustrated as the selfish habits are still there. Merkley is fine in a AHL context, not like everyone else doesn’t turn the puck over constantly. I can see the Avs committing to him for another year if Behrens stays in school, if not then they really don’t have the capacity to favor two D prospects at once, one of them will take the back seat.

I see. I was going off that article saying he was dropped from the first to the third pair. Guess that's a good reminder not to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad