Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I would way rather pay 2 firsts for a Hagel than even 1 for Lafferty.
That Hagel deal was great value. 3 runs and a 1.5m per contract for a guy who slots anywhere in the top 9 for them and they have team control to re-sign him when it comes time. Tampa is likely out of their window, but if one re-opens on a retool, that deal will be a big reason why.

Lafferty is more a Goodrow situation. You're getting a great 3rd line player for a bargain contract and 2 runs.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

I'm stoked for the kid!

Out of curiosity, how big of a deal is it for AHL players to go the AHL all star game. Do they revel in and enjoy it, or do they view it as kind of a sting because their an "All-Star" but not actually in the big league? Just curious because I've never actually known folks that have played at that level.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
I'm stoked for the kid!

Out of curiosity, how big of a deal is it for AHL players to go the AHL all star game. Do they revel in and enjoy it, or do they view it as kind of a sting because their an "All-Star" but not actually in the big league? Just curious because I've never actually known folks that have played at that level.
It's actually a pretty cool deal, considering that a decent amount of the guys selected are usually AHL lifers because they know how to produce at that level. Having a 20 year-old third round pick selected is something to celebrate for sure. And he definitely deserves it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm stoked for the kid!

It’s a big deal for young prospects and the fact that they were an all-star in the league follows them around for the rest of their career. It’s a big honor for him and to not just give it to some AHL lifer who has been multiple times. He flat deserves it though, leading the team in scoring. It should have been Foudy from the start.

As far as going, I’m sure it’s a novelty to do it the first time and for a young guy being recognized in a pro league is something special.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Don’t ever take their lineup that serious. I thought Oskar played a fair bit tonight and mixed in on some other lines. Merkley is going to definitely be a project, plays very soft.

If you watched the game much today I would love a breakdown if you have the time to write one

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
1674911558438.png

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I’d caution against looking at the boxscore until the game is over, it is always wrong. Foudy got an assist taken away too.

I liked Merkley’s offensive assertiveness better tonight and they moved him up to the top pp unit, which was successful tonight against the top pk. It’s good to see more of that talent come out. He’s still going to be a big project when it comes to strength on the puck, taking contact, managing the puck and overall defensive play.

Foudy scored another highlight reel goal tonight.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
Meyers sent down. He'll probably play the next 3 Eagles games while the Avs are on break.
He's atrophying on the Avs even with them playing a forward short. Unless I just haven't noticed him it seems like he's not on the ice much. Yesterday's game felt like he got more time, but he really does need to be playing some heavier minutes, whether it's AHL or with Avs.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
He's atrophying on the Avs even with them playing a forward short. Unless I just haven't noticed him it seems like he's not on the ice much. Yesterday's game felt like he got more time, but he really does need to be playing some heavier minutes, whether it's AHL or with Avs.
For a top college FA he's been disappointing. We always miss out on those and when we grab one he sucks...:facepalm:

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
For a top college FA he's been disappointing. We always miss out on those and when we grab one he sucks...:facepalm:
I can't tell if he sucks! I wish he'd be given more minutes so we could see what he can do. Not all players can shine in tiny minutes, and he doesn't even have a year under him yet. I feel like we aren't doing his development any favors. Is his deal up after the season? One reason they might not play him is they've already decided to go another direction. He pretty much has to play this year whether they like him or not.

I don't even think he's logged a lot of AHL minutes -- wasn't he hurt a lot when he was down?

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Meyers sent down. He'll probably play the next 3 Eagles games while the Avs are on break.
I don't think it's for conditioning or to get more games in.

If anything a college player needs a mid season break as much as anybody, as they are used to playing ~35 game seasons or whatever. Him playing even more games in the AHL doesn't make sense.

I think Ben is there to stay for a while until he sorts himself out. I think it's an actual demotion, not just a chance to get more games in.

Reactions: niwotsblessing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad