Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Oskar is quietly top 5 in team scoring with 14 points. No Eagle is going to be mind blowing in the box score because their top player has 22 points. Good news is that’s Foudy in 25 games.
I really feel like we've really got a player buried away in Foudy. Every time I've watched him play; he's done something to impress me. I'm glad you brought up his offense at the AHL level, because that was the one thing I was worried about during his callup. Nothing was going for him or his linemates, despite some amazing looks and really good offensive reads and plays.

Reactions: Alienblood

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
He’s a play driver in the AHL, Carries the puck a great deal and makes plays. Shot will never be fantastic but he’s got good finishing instincts. I like how he’s scoring goals, cutting to the middle in traffic and picking up rebounds. He should at least be able to make plays in the NHL, he deserved a few assists.
Definitely. I loved the way he found space for himself in tight areas as well. I kept thinking to myself, well maybe if the shot doesn't come around, playing with higher quality shooters could still be a thing with his passing.

He played mostly wing during his callup but had some shifts I think at 4C. Do you think he's a winger when/if he makes it or is there still potential for him to be a C at the next level? I don't want to get ahead of myself but I can't help but think we got a 3rd line player in there if he's got the motor to keep it up...and that would have to be considered a win for our drafting and development folks.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Definitely. I loved the way he found space for himself in tight areas as well. I kept thinking to myself, well maybe if the shot doesn't come around, playing with higher quality shooters could still be a thing with his passing.

He played mostly wing during his callup but had some shifts I think at 4C. Do you think he's a winger when/if he makes it or is there still potential for him to be a C at the next level? I don't want to get ahead of myself but I can't help but think we got a 3rd line player in there if he's got the motor to keep it up...and that would have to be considered a win for our drafting and development folks.
They don’t play him at center at all in Loveland but he was drafted as a center. I don’t understand why they won’t give him some experience as the versatility might come in handy down the line. I too think he can be a third liner in the NHL, he has enough skill for it and it was nice to see enough tenacity for the bottom 6 out of him too.

He had a 2 goal 1 assist night on Saturday. I really like the area he scored these goals.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

3C would be awesome

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
They don’t play him at center at all in Loveland but he was drafted as a center. I don’t understand why they won’t give him some experience as the versatility might come in handy down the line. I too think he can be a third liner in the NHL, he has enough skill for it and it was nice to see enough tenacity for the bottom 6 out of him too.

He had a 2 goal 1 assist night on Saturday. I really like the area he scored these goals.

I feel like even a year ago he wasn’t scoring goals from this area. I feel like the majority came from breakaways or perimeter shots.

I have a hard time ever seeing him break 15 goals in the NHL, but I could see him being a low end second line player if placed in the right position.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
I know I am way too optimistic for Foudy but when I watched him with Avs he showed flashes of top 6 offensive talent imo. If his teammates had any abillity to finish, he would have a few pretty good assists on his short stint with Avs. I think that 3C is very reasonable expectation for him and 2C if stars allign, although his defensive game needs to improve. I think that shift vs Nashville when Duchene scored a goal, sent him down to Loveland.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Foudy won't be a center in the NHL. He's got a lot to like about his game, and it certainly isn't skating that holds him back.... he's just not a center. The best case is a transition focused 2nd liner who can mesh with a lot of different types of players. I think the floor is a 4th liner that bounces around and sticks in the NHL just due to his ability to move the puck up the ice.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I was only in Houston for a few years, but I remember how damn tough it was to be a fan of an IHL team that was a feeder for the NHL at the time. Houston Aeros were feeding Dallas of course. But it was almost like being a fan of laundry and not really a team. The players were completely different week to week with all the callups and returns. Injuries bringing in ECHL players. It was pretty confusing.

I can only imagine what Eagles fans must be going through this season. It's got to be worse than us mostly just Avs fans, because their reinforcements come from the ECHL. Have you seen what we have signed in the ECHL? Woof.

Reactions: Metallo

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I was only in Houston for a few years, but I remember how damn tough it was to be a fan of an IHL team that was a feeder for the NHL at the time. Houston Aeros were feeding Dallas of course. But it was almost like being a fan of laundry and not really a team. The players were completely different week to week with all the callups and returns. Injuries bringing in ECHL players. It was pretty confusing.

I can only imagine what Eagles fans must be going through this season. It's got to be worse than us mostly just Avs fans, because their reinforcements come from the ECHL. Have you seen what we have signed in the ECHL? Woof.
Their record is pretty amazing all things considered.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Maltsev, who was a regular call-up for the Avalanche last season, was injured in a game against the Iowa Wild on November 25, 2022. Initially, Avalanche head coach Jared Bednar told the press that Maltsev had a knee injury and that he would be out about eight weeks. At the time, Maltsev would have been one of the first choices to be called up because he had four points in four games with the Eagles.

The Injury

What really happened was that Maltsev had taken a skate blade to the thigh right above the knee. This separated the quadriceps tendon from the rest of the knee and left him unable to walk without surgery. As I was told last night by Eagles head coach Greg Cronin:

He had a skate that cut right below his quad muscle into the tendon. So, he had it surgically repaired and that’s the tendon that controls all your quads down your kneecap. So it’s a long process,” Cronin said.

Cronin added that, yes, he had been out the eight weeks, but Maltsev would be looking at even more time away from the team. Coach had been told that he would be looking at the three month range to get healthy. This would put Maltsev coming back to the Eagles at the end of February, and this is the best case scenario.

He also says in the article that this is why The Avs traded Dhunt for Malgin, and now Malgin is out long-term

Last edited:

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith

He also says in the article that this is why The Avs traded Dhunt for Malgin, and now Malgin is out long-term
Ouch! That's a serious injury, and no doubt a long recovery process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad