Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

He also says in the article that this is why The Avs traded Dhunt for Malgin, and now Malgin is out long-term
That’s a lot of creative remembering imo.

I saw it when it happened, also wasn’t a skate blade but a knee on knee hit. Anyway same result. Maltsev was on IG explaining a bit about it, was never going to be just 8 weeks. Might have been 8 weeks until he was allowed to try walking. And Bednar just doesn’t like Maltsev either. He’s a good center in the AHL tho.

I believe Oskar has 3 GWG and all of the impact variety, not just so happened to be the GEG stuff.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
That’s a lot of creative remembering imo.

I saw it when it happened, also wasn’t a skate blade but a knee on knee hit. Anyway same result. Maltsev was on IG explaining a bit about it, was never going to be just 8 weeks. Might have been 8 weeks until he was allowed to try walking. And Bednar just doesn’t like Maltsev either. He’s a good center in the AHL tho.

I believe Oskar has 3 GWG and all of the impact variety, not just so happened to be the GEG stuff.
So it's not a deep cut? How can a journalist get that info so wrong?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
So it's not a deep cut? How can a journalist get that info so wrong?
I mean I’m going by not great AHL video but there was no blood either and he had tried to get up from the collision and skated a few strides before his leg collapsed and then help rushed out to him. I think the quote came from Cronin, he might not remember exactly what happened himself. I think it’s more odd the timeline was thought of as 8 weeks when it definitely wasn’t. I think Cronin said at one point he might not come back this season.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Yeah Foudy doesn’t look like he’s the beneficiary of anybody else right now. Seems like he’s a straight up offensive driver right now. He’s creating space. He’s holding onto the puck. I’m loving what I see.

Foudy is yet another example of taking the draft pick that McKenzie and everyone else says is the right pick, No need to reach, take a favorite, or favor intangibles

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I mean I’m going by not great AHL video but there was no blood either and he had tried to get up from the collision and skated a few strides before his leg collapsed and then help rushed out to him. I think the quote came from Cronin, he might not remember exactly what happened himself. I think it’s more odd the timeline was thought of as 8 weeks when it definitely wasn’t. I think Cronin said at one point he might not come back this season.
Very untimely injury for him. There was a window of opportunity for him with all the injuries.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

From our friends @The Mars Volchenkov and @tigervixxxen.

I thought he was the most impressive of all of the young call-ups and probably deserved more of a look. We'll see how it goes but it sure seems like the Avs have something there.

I loved his callup as well. Think there were a lot of us that felt it really easy to pull for him. He was snakebit though and playing with guys that aren't exactly known for converting prime chances either. He only got a game or two up in the top six if I remember correctly...and even then, our top six was basically Mikko and five other random guys.

What I did like though was that he could skate and while he didn't get points, he didn't look out of place. He made space for himself, stuck his nose into the tiniest amounts of space just to see what he could, he held on to the puck an extra heartbeat or two and made passes (often to guys that don't belong in the NHL and couldn't do anything with it). He does all these little things that scream he's gonna crush it as a third liner, but he's gotta find that scoring touch up here on his next callup. Hopefully he'll actually be playing with Avalanche players instead of a whole bunch of other Eagle callups next time we see him.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I think Foudy really benefited from moving to the AHL sooner. I honestly think he's the piece they won't move. He seems like a player that can marinate in lower tier roles and leagues and actually grow from the experience. The Avalanche haven't had a player that they actually develop through juniors and the AHL for awhile, let alone one that actually looks to have NHL potential. They'll need him.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I think Foudy really benefited from moving to the AHL sooner. I honestly think he's the piece they won't move. He seems like a player that can marinate in lower tier roles and leagues and actually grow from the experience. The Avalanche haven't had a player that they actually develop through juniors and the AHL for awhile, let alone one that actually looks to have NHL potential. They'll need him.
It’s all about the window, Foudy might be another 2 years away from having a significant impact and we need that forward depth now. Most fans will have a soft spot for Foudy, but if we solve the 2C position for the medium term (hopefully at least 2 seasons) then it makes some sense to move him.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Trade Behrens, trade Foudy, trade Zhigalov for all I care, do whatever you gotta do to load up for this season. Obviously the preference is to keep them, but if you can get a player or players who address the weaknesses the current roster has, then you do it.
Personally I don't think they'll trade Behrens. They've traded Barron and Helleson in back-to-back years, and their organizational depth on defense is putrid. Not to mention he'll probably replace Girard/Manson when one of them gets moved for the Toews contract. Everyone else is on the table for me.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Personally I don't think they'll trade Behrens. They've traded Barron and Helleson in back-to-back years, and their organizational depth on defense is putrid. Not to mention he'll probably replace Girard/Manson when one of them gets moved for the Toews contract. Everyone else is on the table for me.
They traded Helleson and Barron right next to each other.. and people said the exact same thing about Barron being off the table once Helleson was moved. I don't think Behrens will be moved, but the Avs clearly understand they have to send prospects out to shore up the team now.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Avs aren't exactly in prime position to dictate terms. They probably only have two or three prospects anyone truly wants, and of those three, only one IMO truly moves the needle. Behrens made waves at this year's WJC so he most assuredly is on other teams' radar. He'll return the most value out of anyone on the farm.

Avs don't need to worry about organizational depth at ANY position right now--it'll be a gigantic issue regardless the next couple years. They have to win now, and figure out ways to fill out the cubbard later.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Avs aren't exactly in prime position to dictate terms. They probably only have two or three prospects anyone truly wants, and of those three, only one IMO truly moves the needle. Behrens made waves at this year's WJC so he most assuredly is on other teams' radar. He'll return the most value out of anyone on the farm.

Avs don't need to worry about organizational depth at ANY position right now--it'll be a gigantic issue regardless the next couple years. They have to win now, and figure out ways to fill out the cubbard later.

This. Foudy, Behrens, OO and maybe Ambro have some value. The rest are pretty much throw ins. Foudy and Behrens have some value and improved from their draft slotting, but probably short of a first. OO has lost some value with his progression being pretty meh. All three are worth roughly a mid to early 2nd round pick sort of level.

Yeah that ain't gonna get them anything big. That may not even get you Sam Lafferty.
Somebody is paying a first for him and people will be outraged... but getting an extra year incredibly cheap has value.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
This. Foudy, Behrens, OO and maybe Ambro have some value. The rest are pretty much throw ins. Foudy and Behrens have some value and improved from their draft slotting, but probably short of a first. OO has lost some value with his progression being pretty meh. All three are worth roughly a mid to early 2nd round pick sort of level.

Somebody is paying a first for him and people will be outraged... but getting an extra year incredibly cheap has value.

I would way rather pay 2 firsts for a Hagel than even 1 for Lafferty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad