Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
His size and PIM indicate he trends towards facepuncher.
Dude...115 PIMs in 21 games is no joke.

Just one day I'd like to listen in on the conversation between two GMs and/or the league office when "future considerations" have to be decided.
That empty beer can I left in your office last spring while on a scouting trip. That was your future considerations.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
He was with the Eagles a couple years ago, absolute thug. He is one of those guys who still plays the game because it allows him to commit legal assault.
He also played against the Eagles in the ECHL with the Tulsa Oilers. Wasn't a popular guy in Loveland at that time. It was a head scratcher the first time they signed him, still scratching my head now lol

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Do we know the seriousness of Foudy’s injury? I was going to be at one of the games next weekend and was looking forward to watching the Eagles. Maltsev is back tonight it looks like too.

Reactions: AvsCOL

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
GTFO BRENT

Gotta admit. The idea of them putting together a press release announcing he didn't make the cut and then have the press release super-imposed on a picture of him with his autograph clearly visible is just kinda...rubbing it in a bit isn't it? Would've been less cruel to just post what you had to say Poke.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Gotta admit. The idea of them putting together a press release announcing he didn't make the cut and then have the press release super-imposed on a picture of him with his autograph clearly visible is just kinda...rubbing it in a bit isn't it? Would've been less cruel to just post what you had to say Poke.
What I love is that Bud Light basically paid the team to embarrass poor Brent here.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You almost have to wonder who the hell he pissed off in such a short stay.
Well half the team is PTOs so one of them was bound to flunk out.

What confuses me is, why didn't they call up more guys from the Grizzlies? Are there no ECHL guys outside of Trent Miner even worth a look?

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Was at the Eagle/Hogs game tonight. Few people had really good games and others had their moments. Now granted I played defense all my life and through college so I was naturally watching them more.

Aamodt - extremely good gap control. Made zone entries very difficult on his side. Decent puck mover. They’re playing him as their #3 it seems. Really strong defensively. Would like to see him get re-signed and into some NHL games next year.

Rydahl - I mean probly not who you’re gonna care to see a write up about but he stood out a lot. Big, smooth skater. His line with Olausson and Smallman caused problems. Won his faceoffs and took the puck to the net. I know he’s already signed in Sweden for next year.

Smallman - I knew going into the game that this guy is what he is at this point in his career but he was excellent. On year 1 of his 2 year with Avs. Played in basically all situations and got way more ice time than I anticipated he would. Eagles coaching seems to love his game.

Olausson - had some moments. Couple times he made really nice plays with the puck by either making a nice pass or 1 on 1 to take a shot. Couple shifts it was Rydahl and Smallman doing the dirty work. Burakovsky seems to be a fair comparison stylistically.

Ranta - another guy who had some moments. His combo of size and speed was noticeable and caused trouble for Hogs D. Wasn’t afraid to muck it up in front of the net. I’d like to see him come back for 1 more year and get another chance.

Merkley - Gotta be honest. I was surprised when they got him in that trade. Cause it seems Joe/CMac do their homework on players personalities/character. And I thought the knack on him was he’s an asshole. Either way real solid game from him. Joined the rush a lot. Patrolled the blue line well. Efficient passer and gets shots thru. Him and Middleton formed a solid top pair tonight. Which by the way, where the hell did this 20+ point season come from him lol.

Clurman - I liked him more than I thought I would. I was very surprised to see him get an ELC in the first place. But he had a nice game. Moved the puck well. Jumped in play fairly often and was strong defensively.

Beaucage, Burke meh. Some nice shifts and good plays from them. Burke seemed to get his ass beat all night. Took a bunch of hits. Blocked shots. Beaucage had a weird goal. Hudon and Maltsev were as expected. Very talented and made individual plays look easy. Stinks I didn’t get to see JLF.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Was at the Eagle/Hogs game tonight. Few people had really good games and others had their moments. Now granted I played defense all my life and through college so I was naturally watching them more.

Aamodt - extremely good gap control. Made zone entries very difficult on his side. Decent puck mover. They’re playing him as their #3 it seems. Really strong defensively. Would like to see him get re-signed and into some NHL games next year.

Rydahl - I mean probly not who you’re gonna care to see a write up about but he stood out a lot. Big, smooth skater. His line with Olausson and Smallman caused problems. Won his faceoffs and took the puck to the net. I know he’s already signed in Sweden for next year.

Smallman - I knew going into the game that this guy is what he is at this point in his career but he was excellent. On year 1 of his 2 year with Avs. Played in basically all situations and got way more ice time than I anticipated he would. Eagles coaching seems to love his game.

Olausson - had some moments. Couple times he made really nice plays with the puck by either making a nice pass or 1 on 1 to take a shot. Couple shifts it was Rydahl and Smallman doing the dirty work. Burakovsky seems to be a fair comparison stylistically.

Ranta - another guy who had some moments. His combo of size and speed was noticeable and caused trouble for Hogs D. Wasn’t afraid to muck it up in front of the net. I’d like to see him come back for 1 more year and get another chance.

Merkley - Gotta be honest. I was surprised when they got him in that trade. Cause it seems Joe/CMac do their homework on players personalities/character. And I thought the knack on him was he’s an asshole. Either way real solid game from him. Joined the rush a lot. Patrolled the blue line well. Efficient passer and gets shots thru. Him and Middleton formed a solid top pair tonight. Which by the way, where the hell did this 20+ point season come from him lol.

Clurman - I liked him more than I thought I would. I was very surprised to see him get an ELC in the first place. But he had a nice game. Moved the puck well. Jumped in play fairly often and was strong defensively.

Beaucage, Burke meh. Some nice shifts and good plays from them. Burke seemed to get his ass beat all night. Took a bunch of hits. Blocked shots. Beaucage had a weird goal. Hudon and Maltsev were as expected. Very talented and made individual plays look easy. Stinks I didn’t get to see JLF.

I've only watched aamdolt at camp but noticed the same thing. I think he can take hunt's place as a call up potentially. Not as good offensively with the occasional goal but way better defensively with some upside.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I've only watched aamdolt at camp but noticed the same thing. I think he can take hunt's place as a call up potentially. Not as good offensively with the occasional goal but way better defensively with some upside.
I suppose that’s what we’ll call him if he ever gets to the NHL and effs something up.

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado

I was told that SHL contracts in these kinds of situations are setup so that he can get out of it if he gets an offer from an NHL team. Maybe I was misinformed.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
So what’s the deal with David Farrance? I didn’t mind him when I went to that game other weekend, he sort of blended. But this looks like his 2nd year pro. Seems to have been fairly highly touted as a prospect in college. 24 points in 43 games. 19 in 29 since joining the Eagles. No matter how you do it that’s a 40 point projected pace at least. He worth signing to an NHL contract soon? He was traded for future considerations right, while also on an AHL contract?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So what’s the deal with David Farrance? I didn’t mind him when I went to that game other weekend, he sort of blended. But this looks like his 2nd year pro. Seems to have been fairly highly touted as a prospect in college. 24 points in 43 games. 19 in 29 since joining the Eagles. No matter how you do it that’s a 40 point projected pace at least. He worth signing to an NHL contract soon? He was traded for future considerations right, while also on an AHL contract?
He should get a NHL contract. Not really a good defender, but some offensive skill and a legit PP threat. His senior year he got banged up and then he just never got going with Nashville's AHL team and some rumors of tension were the breaking point. There is a chance that Cronin can work some magic and get him to that 6/7/8D level.

pseudoswede

Apr 7, 2011
Colorado
Question about Colorado Eagles tickets. It seems like half of the seats are denoted as "Club" seats. Is there an actual club or something that's worth going to?

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
He should get a NHL contract. Not really a good defender, but some offensive skill and a legit PP threat. His senior year he got banged up and then he just never got going with Nashville's AHL team and some rumors of tension were the breaking point. There is a chance that Cronin can work some magic and get him to that 6/7/8D level.
Well I guess if there’s something this organization does well with developing (if you wanna call it that), they seem to be good at making Defenseman that are trying to break into the league, or stay in it, capable. Nemeth. Graves. Englund seemed to make strides in his couple years here. Nick Holden too. Am I missing anyone?

But I mean they only have Middleton and Hunt signed thru after this year who normally would be in the AHL. So I’m fine using one contract on him.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Question about Colorado Eagles tickets. It seems like half of the seats are denoted as "Club" seats. Is there an actual club or something that's worth going to?
There is not a bad seat in the whole building. I do not know what club represents. Are you buying a single game ticket? I say find a deal you like and have s great time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad