Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
How was he awful? He was one of the Leaf's best player

He's not really a need but if we can get him for Girard then by all means.
He was simultaneously awful and one of the Leafs top F.

That can be possible when you get out played by Tampa and then your 70 million dollar top 6 scores a combined 5 goals in the second round.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
RNH isn't a winning player in the playoffs. Never has been and at this point probably never will be.

Even this year this numbers may look good but then you see only 2 of his 11 points were at EV and his line lost their matchups. I wouldn't want anything to do with him and that contract.

Avs badly need a 2C but they can't be that desperate. Hopefully there are better options.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I would take Nylander in a heartbeat. I actually think Nylander could play a larger role in Colorado than he did in Toronto.

I don’t know if the Avs have what Toronto wants, but if you could form a deal around one of our defenceman it could make sense.

The Avs could use the remaining cap to grab a centre.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I would take Nylander in a heartbeat. I actually think Nylander could play a larger role in Colorado than he did in Toronto.

I don’t know if the Avs have what Toronto wants, but if you could form a deal around one of our defenceman it could make sense.

The Avs could use the remaining cap to grab a centre.

It's more likely that a suitable C will cost some assets - not simply cap.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pierce Hawthorne

Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya I'd love Nylander. I dont think the Leafs deal him but if they do, that's definitely a guy to target.

They could have interest in Girard as well. They've used smaller guy on the back end before and his cost certainty could be valuable to them as they navigate Matthews' and Marners extensions.

The issue is I dunno what Nylander would want on his next deal or if we could afford it. He could be a Center for us as well tbh. I know he's played Wing in Toronto but I believe he was drafted a Center.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Ya I'd love Nylander. I dont think the Leafs deal him but if they do, that's definitely a guy to target.

They could have interest in Girard as well. They've used smaller guy on the back end before and his cost certainty could be valuable to them as they navigate Matthews' and Marners extensions.

The issue is I dunno what Nylander would want on his next deal or if we could afford it. He could be a Center for us as well tbh. I know he's played Wing in Toronto but I believe he was drafted a Center.
I think that would depend on the GM situation in Toronto. If they bring back Dubas I think that’s a deal that could materialize, but some GM’s are very much old school in their thinking that dmen need to be big.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
The problem I have is the Leafs likely ask for Byram, and that would be a tough pill to swallow.
He has one year left on his deal. Avs aren't trading a RFA with control for a pending UFA that is going to want upwards of $12M AAV. I'd trade him for Toews + a prospect, or Girard + Newhook, as long as the Avs could resign him. The problem is, they probably can't at that price, cap-wise.

Reactions: Azrael89

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Girard is number 17 on the Athletic trade board, with Toews in the “others worth watching” section at the end.
Scheifele should easily be the target here.
1684180094525.png

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Toews for Nylander makes some sense from a value POV both being pending UFAs. Toews would probably be a touch more valuable due to playing the more valuable position. Wouldn’t like to trade him if a C solution isn’t coming back though.

Reactions: CobraAcesS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad