Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Part of me feels like that dude would be a mistake to pick up, but he wouldn't have to be the guy.

I just don't know about that one. Maybe he wakes the hell up, or maybe he's done. Hasn't he had his share of injury issues as well?

Oh yeah I dunno if Scheifele is the solution per se... That was more of just an example of the type of player they'll target. Someone with 1 year left that'll eat up most of Landeskogs LTIR space.

I think I need a break from this place. I find myself just constantly agreeing with @Pierce Hawthorne like some kind of low budget hype man.

:laugh:

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
So which UFA do you think will be willing to sign for just 1 season with us to be Landeskog replacement next year? Surely we wont go into the season with 7 millions of free cap, now that we know for sure he will not be playing entire season?

I suspect the odds are they will be sprinkling that money around to slightly overpay a few different UFAs to take 1 year deals vs 2-3 year deals, going after 3 middle 6 guys that might sign a 2-3 year deal at 1.5, but a 1 year a 2 mill as an example. Pay more to get less term.

Unless something crazy comes up at the draft, I am preparing for the Avs to go into next season with a re-enforced middle 6th depth and an improved 4th line due to guys playing where they should in the lineup. The void at 2C will exist for one more season - with the team taking another wait and see approach into the deadline.

Difference between last season and this coming one will be they have much more forward depth due to having that extra cap to spend. Nothing crazy, but it adds up and helps keep some minutes off the big guns.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I suspect the odds are they will be sprinkling that money around to slightly overpay a few different UFAs to take 1 year deals vs 2-3 year deals, going after 3 middle 6 guys that might sign a 2-3 year deal at 1.5, but a 1 year a 2 mill as an example. Pay more to get less term.

Unless something crazy comes up at the draft, I am preparing for the Avs to go into next season with a re-enforced middle 6th depth and an improved 4th line due to guys playing where they should in the lineup. The void at 2C will exist for one more season - with the team taking another wait and see approach into the deadline.

Difference between last season and this coming one will be they have much more forward depth due to having that extra cap to spend. Nothing crazy, but it adds up and helps keep some minutes off the big guns.

We cannot

The options only dwindle, and everyone having to step up all year kills their effectiveness later, clearly.

If dip shit didn't realize that from last season's result we are in real trouble.

Pierce Hawthorne

Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

That's not how it works at all... If we don't have a 2C, nobody is playing in spots where they belong.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That's not how it works at all... If we don't have a 2C, nobody is playing in spots where they belong.

Exactly, if we go in with maybe a guy brought in to play wing that does not have a history of scoring enough I'll be ok with it. A Nuke or Lekky before they proved they could produce per say ideally.

You have to replace that work, that defensive ability even if maybe you need to get more scoring somewhere else.

But 2C is too important. So is the 3C really. Fix those, and get the best fit stylistically you can in the player you ask to play up there regularly, but not as a center damn lol.

Those positions need to be fixed, the rest is get what you can for what you can afford.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
We will know fairly soon in what direction the team is going. They should absolutely not keep the 1st rounder, also a #2C trade needs to happen as soon as possible.

There is some chance they have some ground work done. Otherwise I'd say probably not any time soon.

Although if they're left empty handed after most of the UFA class is signed it won't be a good sign. There is real truth to teams sort of solidifying their lineup at that point.

So I don't really expect to know anything until a few days into UFA to see how they're really intending to navigate things. I'll be extatic if we actually do have a clear idea at the draft though.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Trade the entire cubbard and multiple first rounders for a 2C on a good contract with term.

Or fleece someone with a Girard/Byram trade.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Byram for Crosby

I'm even ok with that, but kinda not, but kinda am... Makes me wonder what kinda crazy they'd actually want lol.

Next call is to Gudas' agent.

Then Manson takes his rightful place as our achor contract. Gotta have at least one I guess. I really hope that dude gets healthy and has a resurgence.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I'm even ok with that, but kinda not, but kinda am... Makes me wonder what kinda crazy they'd actually want lol.

Then Manson takes his rightful place as our achor contract. Gotta have at least one I guess. I really hope that dude gets healthy and has a resurgence.

The one hopeful thing about Manson is that, if he’s going to be on injury vacation either year before his 12 team NTC, you’d want it to be the first season (2023) instead of the second season (2024).

Having said that, being injured in 2023 doesn’t mean he won’t also miss time in 2024 - or be sharp.

But a decent year next year instead of 2023 gives the Avs options.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

Crosby is 35 so we probably get 2 more good years of Sid for a future top pair D. If Avs win at least one cup with Sid, it’d be worth it, if not it would be a bust. This is all hypothetical anyway but Pittsburgh will probably want Byram, 1st and a prospect?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

I would love to have a defense that could run Toews-Makar and Girard at you offensively while Manson and Gudas are running roughshod over folks.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I if
I wonder what it would take to pry Tomas Hertl out of SJ. I wanted him before they re-signed him. Can’t imagine he wants to stay and go through that rebuild…

I’d say that he has no interest, that team was spiraling to the bottom when he signed so I think winning has no effect.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
PLD is someone the Avs should be going after hard. Rental but maybe there’s an option to rent or buy with him being an RFA.

It’s not a guarantee that Montreal’s timeline lines up. He could end up being a less onerous version of Tavares if Montreal hits on their draft picks.

CaleMakaw

Jul 12, 2018
Sign bjugstad(or kampf), puljujarvi (or engvall), orlov (or Gustafson)

Trade Girard, toews, newhook, 1st for a 2c and 3c

Also don't worry about landeskogs cap hit until after he actually skates. Until then it's money that should be spent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad