Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I wonder what it would take to pry Tomas Hertl out of SJ. I wanted him before they re-signed him. Can’t imagine he wants to stay and go through that rebuild…
He signed there for the rest of his career... I´m pretty sure he knew what´s to come. He simply valued save money and family life higher than the rest... I respect that. I dont understand it, but i respect it.

I dont see him finish this contract in SJ. At some point the desire to get a shot a the cup will kick in.

But when that happens, we will allready be in our own rebuild.....

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Anyone we want to poach out of Edmonton?

Broberg could be available, would be a nice experiment, especially if/when we move Girard.
Kostin would be great, but he's more likely to get a top 6 job than be traded.
Yes, McDavid :)

On another note, Marchessaults hattrick tonight shows perfectly why Vegas are playing conference finals and we are out. They actually have players capable of doing so, when their top-line is shut. Without Landeskog and Nichushkin (and Kadri) we did not have that. Unlike last year.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Yes, McDavid :)

On another note, Marchessaults hattrick tonight shows perfectly why Vegas are playing conference finals and we are out. They actually have players capable of doing so, when their top-line is shut. Without Landeskog and Nichushkin (and Kadri) we did not have that. Unlike last year.
Yeah with Landy and Nuke we'd have gone deep again. But even then, our support guys failed tremondously even compared to their own usual scoring pace.

Compher 2 points in 7 games.
Newhook 1 point in 7 games.
Helm 0
Cogs 0
Meyers 0
Eller 0
Nieto 0
Malgin 0
LOC 0

Apart from the top line, only Rodrigues did well.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Lots of 2C ideas getting tossed around, but one I haven't seen mentioned is William Karlsson.

Solid 30 year old two-way player, reasonable scoring numbers, $5.9M fits a 2C contract slot, good faceoff guy, and Vegas seems to always be in cap Hell (though they also always seem to LTIR their way out of it). They have Eichel on the big boy contract at 1C, and probably would want to extend Stephenson at C also.

Any interest?

Last edited:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Lots of 2C ideas getting tossed around, but one I haven't seen mentioned is William Karlsson.

Solid 30 year old two-way player, reasonable scoring numbers, $5.9M fits a 2C contract slot, good faceoff guy, and Vegas seems to always be in cap Hell (though they also always seem to LTIR their way out of it). They have Eichel on the big boy contract at 1C, and probably would want to extend Stephenson at C also.

Any interest?
Just doubt Vegas would make a Conference contender better.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Any interest?
They probably wouldn't trade Karlsson to the Avs.

Vegas 100% sees the Avs as their main competition in the West moving forward, despite progress made by L.A, Edmonton and Dallas.

Honestly if I was a betting man, if things go right health-wise I wouldn't doubt seeing Colorado/Vegas in the WCF in 2024.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I worry they're going to sign Monahan as a 2C, Drouin on a one year, etc. and sell it as "addressing depth instead of overly focusing on just one position."
It could make sense if they would actually commit to push Rantanen to center. But that's not happening under Bednar so that's that.

Nylander would be pretty ideal for a rental, but Toronto would probably want Toews in return.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I worry they're going to sign Monahan as a 2C, Drouin on a one year, etc. and sell it as "addressing depth instead of overly focusing on just one position."

That’s exactly what I’m expecting to happen unfortunately.

What I would love to see happen is:

To Col:
Kuz ($2m retained)

To Wsh:
2023 first
Newhook
Ranta

Sign:
Monahan (1x$3.5m)
Drouin (2x$1m)
Eller (2x$2m)
Malgin, Meyers (1x$1m)
Byram (2x$3m)

Run lines or:

Drouin-MacK-Nuke
Lehkonen-Kuz-Rantanen
Malgin-Monahan-Foudy
Meyers-Eller-LOC

Toews-Makar
Byram-Manson
Girard-Hunt/Malinski

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
But ROR was awful in the playoffs. He's done.
How was he awful? He was one of the Leaf's best player

Marek mentions The Avs as a potential landing spot for Nylander due to Landy situation and questions over Nuke. Sure, but Avs need a 2C, not another winger.

He's not really a need but if we can get him for Girard then by all means.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017

Marek mentions The Avs as a potential landing spot for Nylander due to Landy situation and questions over Nuke. Sure, but Avs need a 2C, not another winger.

Replaces Landy's salary directly, 1 year left in contract. I guess the idea is that he'll be gone when Landy returns? Anyway we need both the 2C and a winger. One could be left to deadline, but I said that about current season and we got fking Lars Eller.

• Haha
Reactions: CobraAcesS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad