Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Absolutely zero excuses now for not upgrading the team in a significant way. You have any potential move available to you now. One might say they did at the TDL too but what's done is done.

I don't want to hear anything about "well, this guy still has three years left at big money and Landeskog might be back by then!" Nah. You can't bank on his return and don't worry about that until the time comes.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Don't sign a 2C. They have to trade for one. The best 2C centres are all WAY too old.

If the Avs want UFA forwards, target wingers like Barbashev, Engvall, etc. Younger guys. Not the 32+ year old centres.
Yes you are correct. For some reason I thought Scheifele was a UFA this season.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Don't sign a 2C. They have to trade for one. The best 2C centres are all WAY too old.

If the Avs want UFA forwards, target wingers like Barbashev, Engvall, etc. Younger guys. Not the 32+ year old centres.

None of them? Not even via trade?

nazem-kadri-what.gif

Reactions: dahrougem2

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
The UFA market for 2Cs is not good. But I do think they could use that cap space to address overall forward depth. Going to be a busy time and McFarland is going to need to be a bit creative.

I'd say sign what you think you need and worry about the 7 million of Landy coming back when the time comes, if it comes. It is still "win now" mode.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
List of preferred centres in order:

1) Dubois
2) Lindholm
3) Lundell
4) Kuznetsov
5) Mittelstadt
6) Jenner
7) Scheifele
I'd move Dubois down to 4 and put Hayes at 8, but pretty much the same thought process. IMO somebody on that list needs to be an Av next season.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't know if whatever is up with Val would change things and make it a non-starter but the Avs could do a lot worse than Kuznetsov. I could be way off on value but I feel he would be relatively cheap too.

Hayes will be in Columbus in a matter of weeks.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I knew that the Landeskog contract wouldn't age well, but even I didn't expect him to only play 1 year. I think they have to assume he won't be back for 24-25 either, and if it does happen, then deal with it at that point. So. Trades are back on the menu boys.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
So suddenly we have 7 mill. Sucks that is has to go this way and that Lando will be gone for a long time. But lets make the best of it. As we should have at the TDL.....

No excuses this time. Go to work MacFarland. And stay the f*** away from any contract for Compher that starts with a 4, or 5, or 6, or 7.... (Just for You, henchman21 :pullhair:)
:))

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Pretty hard to do that. Can't just earmark Landys cap hit to that position beyond next season, if he wants to give it a go after rehab.
You can. After next season the cap will go up, Manson will have to submit a no trade list, etc. There will be opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad