Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Offseason Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
You can. After next season the cap will go up, Manson will have to submit a no trade list, etc. There will be opportunities.
Well that's a different matter. My point was, we have to be able to potentially fit Landy's cap back in at some point. Even if it's for just 1 game where he discovers his knee isn't up for it.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't know if whatever is up with Val would change things and make it a non-starter but the Avs could do a lot worse than Kuznetsov
People are wondering why they didn't get Vrana...we pretty much have our answer now. They knew what was going on with Nuke.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Obviously we need to spend most if not all of Landy's money on a 2C but this could also help in getting another forward. I'm wondering if Bunting could be a possibility. His reputation has taken a hit this season/playoffs so he might be on the cheaper side of things. Leafs' fans seem to want him out. I can't help but see similarities between his story and Kadri's. Maybe Bednar could help him channel his temper properly like he did with Kadri. Bunting can score and God knows the Avs need secondary scoring.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I thought the same thing. Next year might be an all in year. Then retool after.

I actually think not trading a Dman would be a big mistake still. We don't need 3 Top 4LD. And Landy's $7M won't be enough to get a 2C and get a replacement Top 6 winger for Landy either.

IMO they still need to trade a Dman but given CMacs brief history with us I doubt he trades one now.

I think we're done. Probably time to start hanging onto 1st round picks so we don't end up trading a Top 10 pick away.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Plan should be to grab JVR for like 1 million to replace some of that net front presence we lose from Landeskog and use the remaining cap on a 2C.

Offseason just got a lot more interesting with extra 7M in cap.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
And sign whom? There are no good options at 2C as UFAs this year. IMO, they still aren't getting a quality 2C without making a significant trade using one of those Dmen.
Trade future picks I suppose. You could be right though, if they can't get a 2C without the sacrifice, then it will be done.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Honestly hope landy doesn’t come back. You’re getting a a guy that won’t have played in 2+ years and you’re getting the back half of that contract that won’t age well.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So.... Assuming they bridge Byram at $4M, sign Meyers to a 1x$800k deal to be the 4C, and bring MacDermid and Hunt back as the #7 and #8D, we're now looking at:

Lehky - Mack - Mikko
???? - ???? - Nuke
???? - ???? - ????
???? - Meyers - LOC

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Byram - ????
Hunt - MacDermid

George
Frank

And about $14M in space to fill out the final 7 spots. Grab a 4th line winger for league minimum, and a #6D for league minimum(Or Malinski) and then you've got ~$12.5M for an entire 3rd line, a 2C, and a 2nd line winger.

Its not great.

Reactions: The Moops

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So.... Assuming they bridge Byram at $4M, sign Meyers to a 1x$800k deal to be the 4C, and bring MacDermid and Hunt back as the #7 and #8D, we're now looking at:

Lehky - Mack - Mikko
???? - ???? - Nuke
???? - ???? - ????
???? - Meyers - LOC

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
Byram - ????
Hunt - MacDermid

George
Frank

And about $14M in space to fill out the final 7 spots. Grab a 4th line winger for league minimum, and a #6D for league minimum(Or Malinski) and then you've got ~$12.5M for an entire 3rd line, a 2C, and a 2nd line winger.

Its not great.
Money should prioritized to 2 and 3C.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
While I don’t have faith in CMac to navigate through this off-season, I still think we have the potential win another cup. The cup winning team this year is going to have a major flaw.

There will need to be some luck/very good scouting involved, but it’s way too soon to talk about saving 1st round picks. Go all-in for the next year or two and re-tool afterwards.

Re-tool like Carolina has and target some young players that have potential and bet on them.

Reactions: madman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad