Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Off-season is in full swing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Dallas is the team to beat in the West. Pretty clear, the Duchene add gives a lot of high calibre depth. Avs have to be healthy

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
That's not what it is at all.

RyJo is replacing Newhook (2C)
Colton is replacing JTC (3C)
Wood is replacing eRod (middle 6 wing)
Drouin is replacing Landeskog (1st line wing)
Nobody is replacing Landeskog. He didn't play a second last season and essentially wasn't on the team.

ERod is replaced by Drouin, which is a downgrade.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'll echo what henchman said, we are just assuming that Drouin and RyJo will just work in the spots we are assuming they'll get.

Both are notoriously lazy don't give a shit players, that kind of shit doesn't really work with Bednar.

I hope it works in our favor and both guys excel, however it's completely disingenuous to ignore that there are huge question marks surrounding both guys.

I don't think anyone has ignored there are question marks with Johansen and Drouin.

A more relevant question is where are the teams with no question marks in their lineup?

Would be pretty disingenuous to act like the Avs are alone in this regard and the other top teams don't have question marks too.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Drouin can't shoot the puck. We'll be lucky if he gets 10 this year
Legitimately doesn't matter. If he plays with Mack, he is there to be a facilitator. He has far too much skill for this pairing to be an issue. The only legitimate worry is his health, which all of our injury prone boys have the same issue.

Also, I'm mad at myself for briefly contributing to a garbage thread of you all going back and forth arguing nothing points about nothing.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Drouin can't shoot the puck. We'll be lucky if he gets 10 this year

To me Drouin and ERod is mostly a wash. They're both 45-50 point wingers, and that was before Drouin might get a bump in production playing on the Avs like Avsboy mentioned.

People bring up Drouin's low goal totals a lot, but he's not a goal scorer, he's a playmaker. He'll look to pass first and Nate will probably end up shooting more to compensate.

Is there really a difference if Nate scores 60 and Drouin scores 10, versus Nate scoring 50 and Drouin scoring 20?

The points are what matter. In the end the only thing that matters is the Avs got a goal.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah it is pretty advanced. What that adds up to and what it means it up for debate.

The private model's teams have are far more advanced than most anything out there. Doms and JFresh's might challenge some lower end teams out there or models that get sold to teams (not Mike Kelly's though as it is far more sophisticated), but the majority of teams and especially the top teams in that area have far, far more advancement in this area.
Is there a chance, that as team's private models get more refined and sophisticated that their older versions may become public? I'd very much be interested in seeing the difference between what teams are coming up with and keying in on vs what the big readily available public models do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad