NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
LA skating Leafs into the ice but somehow Leafs still get 4 powerplays :huh:Kings won that game however in dominant fashion in spite of shots on goal 31-27 Leafs.

I watched the game and didn't see anything questionable on the Kings penalties. Leafs had just returned from a 5 game trip so that was somewhat a trap game. Kings had way more energy and Woll wasn't a wall.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Flames off to a terrible start and this guy wanted Sutter gone, seems they let the wrong guy go. You would think Kadri would back up his words and lead by example. They have him for 7 million a year till 2028-29.
1000012562.png

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Just curious, anyone else here planning to attend Bruins-Rangers in Manhattan on Nov. 25? I definitely shelled out, but since I'm spending the weekend there(for the BU-Cornell game), there was no way I could not go. Whenever I make this biennial trip, I try to go to an NHL game if one of the New York area teams is at home. Last time, I took the train out to UBS to see Pens-Isles. Unfortunately, I never made it to a game in Uniondale.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritmo

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Off to read the Leafs board :D
For those of you are in line for an ice cream cone?........

The Mitch Marner Mango. Let me tell you..... that is NOT the flavor of the month. Apparently it's an extremely soft ice cream and ridiculously expensive. In fact, it is the single reason you can't afford another more attractive ice cream.

And what is that more attractive ice cream? Well it's the Nifty Nylander Noughat of course. Let me tell you my friend.... that IS the flavor of the month. Oh very much so.

Also hot -- but as of last night cooling off a bit -- the Woseph Woll Wasberry. Earlier this week you would not have been able to buy even a taster but as I say as of last night less of a run on the JWW. If things keep going this way you'll buy it discount at the local IGA. Which incidentally is where you can buy the Bert Bertuzzi Banana and the Max My Dad Is Mocha Maniac Domi. Those new flavors are not in high demand to date -- in fact there have been several requests for a return.

Lastly, a flavor that is no longer offered, the Kyle Dumbass Kiwi. Apparently that is an ice cream that sucked then, sucks now, and is the reason that the shop is designed the way it is -- with an overload of fancy expensive soft serve offerings that at the end of the day will leave you wanting.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Flames off to a terrible start and this guy wanted Sutter gone, seems they let the wrong guy go. You would think Kadri would back up his words and lead by example. They have him for 7 million a year till 2028-29.
View attachment 761136
Absolutely crazy how far that team has fallen after expectations heading into last season were so high. Plenty of experts were picking them to make it to the SCF. Heck, I was planning on watching a lot of their games heading into the season because they looked like they would be a great team and a lot of fun to watch. Instead they ended up 5th in the Pacific and didn't even make the playoffs. Already off to a rocky start this season. Only the Sharks have a worse DIFF in the NHL than the Flames.

The Tkachuk-Huberdeau trade, which I thought at the time wasn't a horrible trade for either team, sure seems to have had a massive impact on both clubs. Huberdeau has been very disappointing while Tkachuk helped lead the Panthers to the finals.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Hope he’s able to return to hockey
I saw that he is only the second NHLer to return from this type of hip resurfacing surgery, with Patrick Kane trying to be the third. Jovanovski was the first, and he only lasted 37 games after coming back. Odds aren't in Backstrom's favor, especially given his age. After working so hard to recover from surgery it would be great if he could come back and play to finish out his contract over the next couple seasons. Hard to see it happening, though. My guess is he retires. Major respect to him for giving it a go after the surgery.

Reactions: Alicat

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Sens fans here in Ottawa will be dancing, this was long overdue. Losing the 1st round draft pick today over the Dadanov trade was the final straw. Will be interesting to see who replaces him, apparently Chiarelli is in the running.
The hardcore Sens fans I know are pissed off and will be apoplectic if they hire Chiarelli

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
The hardcore Sens fans I know are pissed off and will be apoplectic if they hire Chiarelli
Ha ha, the Sens fans I know are absolutely delighted that Dorion is finally gone. On a personal note I used to know Chiarelli's brother who he also hired to work for the Bruins, was a really nice guy, got me some nice Bruins swag years ago. His daughter played soccer with mine, thus the connection.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Andlauer is absolutely in the right. If the NHL has been investigating these things prior to the sale and didn't inform him, he got jobbed out of tens of millions probably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad