NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
People can rag on chiarelli all they want, but he’s the most accomplished GM the Bruins have had in the last 30+ years

Reactions: KrugAvoy

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
People can rag on chiarelli all they want, but he’s the most accomplished GM the Bruins have had in the last 30+ years
He built something great here, but the Seguin trade backfired - if they don't choke in 2014 and win a cup with Loui Eriksson and Reilly Smith in the lineup I think the narrative is a lot different there. But regardless, his time here ran out naturally. Can't explain what he did in Edmonton though. Trading Hall for Larsson bit him in the ass, and that franchise is just cursed even with the best player in the world on the team.

If he went to any other team than Edmonton and made a couple playoff runs, he'd still be in demand today. Edmonton just has a way of destroying people.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Screenshot_20231101_213031_NHL.jpg

LOL outshoot a team 40-15 and lose 5-2

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yotes-Ducks game last night was entertaining- our own Frankie V boarded Sean Durzi and Durzi came up swinging and got a weird game misconduct for not having his sweater tied down.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
i love how gretzky just called the tragic Adam Johnson death a "so called accident."
we know where he stands
I guess the police are still investigating it ,would like to see a clearer video of it ,but it sure didn’t look like a total accident to me ,was the intent for what the outcome was ,no I definitely don’t believe that ,but sure didn’t look to be just some terrible fluke.A clearer video I think will show one way or the other.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
He built something great here, but the Seguin trade backfired - if they don't choke in 2014 and win a cup with Loui Eriksson and Reilly Smith in the lineup I think the narrative is a lot different there. But regardless, his time here ran out naturally. Can't explain what he did in Edmonton though. Trading Hall for Larsson bit him in the ass, and that franchise is just cursed even with the best player in the world on the team.

If he went to any other team than Edmonton and made a couple playoff runs, he'd still be in demand today. Edmonton just has a way of destroying people.
No idea what happened to Peter Chiarelli in Edmonton. Maybe it’s like the Curse of the Bambino and the Oilers are being punished for trading the best player who ever lived to a division rival. Yeah, I know they won the Cup two seasons later, but maybe it took a little time for the curse to kick in.

Anyways… bringing in Chiarelli (and Julien) was the best thing the Bruins could have done, because they brought new ideas and were from outside the organization. We are still reaping the benefits.

I’m hearing Chiarelli might return to Ottawa. I wish him luck.

Reactions: BMC

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

That seguin trade was awful. Each GM has their highs and lows.

Chiarelli also brought in some key contributors to that championship team. Seidenberg, Horton, boychuk, wideman, Ference, recchi, Kelly, Peverley, Ryder.

He built a team that had an actual identity. They were tough, rugged, skilled and clutch.

People here can trash Chiarelli all they want, but he’s the best GM this team has had in 30+ years and brought us a cup.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
That seguin trade was awful. Each GM has their highs and lows.

Chiarelli also brought in some key contributors to that championship team. Seidenberg, Horton, boychuk, wideman, Ference, recchi, Kelly, Peverley, Ryder.

He built a team that had an actual identity. They were tough, rugged, skilled and clutch.

People here can trash Chiarelli all they want, but he’s the best GM this team has had in 30+ years and brought us a cup.
I agree. Whatever his shortcomings, he’s the ONLY GM to guide the Bruins to a championship in 51 years. He needs to get more credit around here.

Babajingo

Leafs fans are so p****ed with Bertuzzi over the smirking he did when Marchand was chirping the Leafs bench. That kid is not public enemy number one. I'm quite enjoying the show.
Its obvious he was smiling at their exchange. They are going to run him out of town. I don't know why anyone would want to play in that circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad