NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Vegas looks almost unbeatable this year. They stay healthy, its going to be an upset if they don't repeat.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Vegas looks almost unbeatable this year. They stay healthy, its going to be an upset if they don't repeat.

They're very impressive, for sure. Fun to watch too. They're going to be every chance to lift another Cup, but I wouldn't necessarily say it'll be an upset if they don't. The playoffs are a war, and you need to stay hot for a long time, and get a little luck too, to go the full distance. Fatigue often plays a role at some point as well. Right now though I don't think it can be disputed that they're again the best team in the league. Taking a punt on Eichel has paid off massively for them.

Meanwhile the Sharks have coughed up 10 goals for the 2nd consecutive game. Candidate for the worst roster of all time right there.

Dallas got shutout by Vancouver 2-0.

No shame in that. The 'Nucks have started the year really well.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
They're very impressive, for sure. Fun to watch too. They're going to be every chance to lift another Cup, but I wouldn't necessarily say it'll be an upset if they don't. The playoffs are a war, and you need to stay hot for a long time, and get a little luck too, to go the full distance. Fatigue often plays a role at some point as well. Right now though I don't think it can be disputed that they're again the best team in the league. Taking a punt on Eichel has paid off massively for them.

Meanwhile the Sharks have coughed up 10 goals for the 2nd consecutive game. Candidate for the worst roster of all time right there.

I can't imagine what its like going thru a season like they are going to have.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY

I was actually surprised to see that. I flipped the game on at the beginning of the 3rd and saw the score so I checked Vancouver in the standings. I don't think I could name 3 players on their team. :laugh:

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I was actually surprised to see that. I flipped the game on at the beginning of the 3rd and saw the score so I checked Vancouver in the standings. I don't think I could name 3 players on their team. :laugh:

You probably could. Some of the top guys haven't changed - Boeser, Pettersson, Miller, Hughes, Garland, the impressive Demko in net. I don't think their roster is that much stronger on paper than it was last season, but for whatever reason they're gelling right now and getting results. The swings and roundabouts of hockey, Canucks are buzzing, while their fellow west Canadians in Edmonton are suddenly in all sorts. It can change pretty quick.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Sharks fell to 0-10-1 to matched the 11-game winless starts by the New York Rangers in 1943 and the Arizona Coyotes in 2017 and 2021. The last time a team allowed 10 or more goals in consecutive games was the Boston Bruins in 1965. The Sharks lost 10-1 to the Vancouver Canucks on Thursday.

When you are comparing a team to the 1965 Bruins :help:

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
only the Leafs can get hammered ruthlessly for a few days about being softer than butter then get beat ..love it

Tuned into CBC after the B`s/Wings first period as I actually like listening to the banter and all they could do was rave about the Leafs 13 hits in the first period. Sure, I suppose a good physical response, the issue with the Leafs is, in regards to the physical game, is it`s simply not how they play nor can they play with any consistency.

You can`t teach a player to want to play with an edge, a guy either has it or not

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Not sure how it is possible for a NHL team to have a DIFF of -43 only 11 games into the season, but SJ has found a way. Next worse DIFF in the NHL is -14 (EDM), for sake of comparison.

The Pacific alone has the four worst DIFFs in the entire league -- SJ, EDM, Calgary, and the Kraken. That division is so crap the Ducks are in 4th place.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Not sure how it is possible for a NHL team to have a DIFF of -43 only 11 games into the season, but SJ has found a way. Next worse DIFF in the NHL is -14 (EDM), for sake of comparison.

The Pacific alone has the four worst DIFFs in the entire league -- SJ, EDM, Calgary, and the Kraken. That division is so crap the Ducks are in 4th place.

I'll be watching Anaheim take on Vegas tonight. The Ducks have been the surprise of the NHL so far IMO.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
That seguin trade was awful. Each GM has their highs and lows.

Chiarelli also brought in some key contributors to that championship team. Seidenberg, Horton, boychuk, wideman, Ference, recchi, Kelly, Peverley, Ryder.

He built a team that had an actual identity. They were tough, rugged, skilled and clutch.

People here can trash Chiarelli all they want, but he’s the best GM this team has had in 30+ years and brought us a cup.
My only complaint was that everything he did was front-loaded. It was never going to be sustainable like what Don has been doing. Chiarelli agreed to way too many trade protection clauses in his contracts. I kind of felt like he was just planning to move on and try the same thing at his next stop.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm furious seeing what Mangiapane did and only got a one game suspension for after they throw the book at McAvoy.

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad