NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Yeah, the hit on Hischier.

The hit is late and to the head. Comes from the blind side. No excuse for it.

It's a bad hit, no doubt about it. But I see no intent to hit high or do harm. He just got it wrong. To me, to be a dirty player you either have to be a guy who goes around intentionally trying to check illegally and/or in such a way as to injure, or to be frequently reckless with your hits. I don't see that Clifton is either of those things. As far as I'm aware he's never been suspended before, and I never saw anything malicious in his play with the Bruins.

He was careless in this case, and a 2 game suspension for it is about right. But one mistake does not a dirty player make.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
It's a bad hit, no doubt about it. But I see no intent to hit high or do harm. He just got it wrong. To me, to be a dirty player you either have to be a guy who goes around intentionally trying to check illegally and/or in such a way as to injure, or to be frequently reckless with your hits. I don't see that Clifton is either of those things. As far as I'm aware he's never been suspended before, and I never saw anything malicious in his play with the Bruins.

He was careless in this case, and a 2 game suspension for it is about right. But one mistake does not a dirty player make.

The hit also wasn’t late.

Clifton is liable to avoid contact there but it hardly looked malicious.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I don’t understand how it doesn’t happen more often.

Given what is being said so far, it’s not unreasonable to fear the worst in this situation.
I decided to watch the video. It’s not good at all. I hope he pulls through but the lack of any updates leads me to believe it’s not a good outcome.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Scary stuff over in England.

I still don't understand why neck guards aren't mandatory. I remember wearing them as a kid.

You know it's horrific if they ask everyone to leave the building. I can't imagine witnessing something like that in person, I would have unending nightmares.

Haven't heard any updates, sure hope he pulls through.

Reactions: BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Praying that he will be okay. I will not watch that video.

Neck guards really should be mandatory.

Absolutely horrific

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
You know it's horrific if they ask everyone to leave the building. I can't imagine witnessing something like that in person, I would have unending nightmares.

Haven't heard any updates, sure hope he pulls through.

Unfortunately Adam Johnson has passed away. Very very sad. What a horrible thing to happen.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Unfortunately Adam Johnson has passed away. Very very sad. What a horrible thing to happen.

I feel so sick, could be any player at any time. Devastating for everyone involved. My heart goes out to the family, friends, teammates and fans, especially those who witnessed what happened.

I saw the video, it's pretty damn bad and wouldn't recommend it to the squeamish.
No way I'm watching that. I feel so sick even without seeing it.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Reminded me of what happened to Malarchuk yrs back. I figured the league would've went heavy on the neckguards and such. Rest in paradise, Adam.

and he was extremely lucky. The sad thing is had he died, by now you likely would see neck guards everywhere.

as such, it'll take at least one death in the NHL before the league does anything about it, and only because PR backlash forces them to.

Reactions: BMC and Trizz617
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad