NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
IMG_2186.jpeg

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
LOL

fwiw i hate gambling, hate draft kings etc, I think it's all disgusting and disgusting how it's all being pushed down our throats. I got flyers in the mail the other day for it, just more paper and ink being wasted/poisoning the earth all in the name of crony capitalism. No thanks.
The advertising is indeed ridiculous. I don't do any gambling other than the odd Powerball ticket when it gets over a billion, yet my Twitter feed has become absolutely inundated with sports gaming ads. I also get a couple slick flyers a week in the mail. Throw in all the gambling TV ads during hockey games, combined with the animated dasherboard ads for gambling, and, yeah, I feel it is being pushed down our throats. Canadian broadcasts are actually worse on this issue than most North American broadcasts. Interesting how pro sports leagues have become so blatantly tied-in with gambling. Back in the day such a thing would have been frowned upon big time. All about milking people for as much money as possible.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
It sounds like this is a bit more than a guy throwing a bet on the under in the Jazz-Wizards game. Seems like there’s more to the story.
If he was betting thru someone else it's gotta be more than just something simple, one and done like you just stated. 'They' must've had more reason to look further into him I would think.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Unlucky for Cliffy. Game was in his home state so his family was there and he ended up getting kicked out before the end of the 1st. Nothing malicious in the hit, technique is fine, just a tad late and of course he caught Hischier in the side of the head. Hischier's not a big guy and he's down low while turning, which puts him in harm's way, but for better or worse these days the obligation is on the initiator of the hit to be wary of a player in a vulnerable position, and if high contact is made then it's on them. So a match penalty was probably the right call and Connor's going to earn himself a couple of games upstairs. It shouldn't be more than that though. Cliffy's as clean as they come.

Reactions: BMC and Number8

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
You know what? I don't even think this is funny.

This is seriously f***ed up.
No shit . We don't know what Pinto did but I don't want to think about what would justify a suspension of this magnitude , but I'd bet my house it doesn't even come anywhere close to that.

Unlucky for Cliffy. Game was in his home state so his family was there and he ended up getting kicked out before the end of the 1st. Nothing malicious in the hit, technique is fine, just a tad late and of course he caught Hischier in the side of the head. Hischier's not a big guy and he's down low while turning, which puts him in harm's way, but for better or worse these days the obligation is on the initiator of the hit to be wary of a player in a vulnerable position, and if high contact is made then it's on them. So a match penalty was probably the right call and Connor's going to earn himself a couple of games upstairs. It shouldn't be more than that though. Cliffy's as clean as they come.
Cliffy is as c;lean as they come ? Really?

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
No shit . We don't know what Pinto did but I don't want to think about what would justify a suspension of this magnitude , but I'd bet my house it doesn't even come anywhere close to that.

Cliffy is as c;lean as they come ? Really?

Yeah really. Got any evidence to the contrary?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Joke league if he gets any supplementary discipline over that hit. That's a 2 min penalty at best. Elbows in, didn't leave his feet, textbook hitting form, zero intent to injure. Unfortunate result? Sure. Suspension worthy? Give me a break.

Agree, the majority of the leagues D men will get suspended this year if that is the bar.

On another subject, Chicago beat LV, at Vegas, to I believe pin the SC Champs first loss of the year on them. So in successive nights you have had the Ducks & Hawks pin losses on The Presidents Trophy Winners and SC Champs while on the road.

Anaheim is going to surprise people this year and Chicago is not an automatic W either.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
All I can think of is that Pinto was gambling while in the team facilities which is not permitted. I also believe he was using a proxy who ended up betting on NHL games. The fact that Pinto accepted the suspension and is not appealing leads me to believe this has been going on for awhile.

Like others, I’m sick of how much gambling is being stuffed down our throats. There are ways to responsibly market it without over saturating the airwaves.

Reactions: BMC and 4ORRBRUIN

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
All I can think of is that Pinto was gambling while in the team facilities which is not permitted. I also believe he was using a proxy who ended up betting on NHL games. The fact that Pinto accepted the suspension and is not appealing leads me to believe this has been going on for awhile.

Like others, I’m sick of how much gambling is being stuffed down our throats. There are ways to responsibly market it without over saturating the airwaves.
I wonder if it was illegal gambling and he was using a bookie on premises.

A tie-in to organized crime would warrant a stiff penalty, hush on the details., and enough games to send a message to other players.

We are all speculating here though. What we DO know is that it took time to investigate, and was not challenged by the PA, or the player. I think it was a deal worked out.

Seems that is happening a lot with the NHL as of late...

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I wonder if it was illegal gambling and he was using a bookie on premises.

A tie-in to organized crime would warrant a stiff penalty, hush on the details., and enough games to send a message to other players.

We are all speculating here though. What we DO know is that it took time to investigate, and was not challenged by the PA, or the player. I think it was a deal worked out.

Seems that is happening a lot with the NHL as of late...

I was wondering the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad