NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I don’t know if he’s thrown his career away. But he definitely didn’t do it any favours.

There are sacrifices you need to make to play sport at the highest level - gambling on sports should be among the easiest. It never fails to astound me when this happens.
Gambling is like drugs. It’s very very addictive. A lot of ppl ruin their lives gambling.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Gambling is like drugs. It’s very very addictive. A lot of ppl ruin their lives gambling.
Yeah I agree, but the thing is why is he betting on hockey if he has a gambling problem, there are so many other options that aren't getting you suspended for half a season. Wild the choices some of these guys make.

Reactions: Kegs

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I don’t know if he’s thrown his career away. But he definitely didn’t do it any favours.

There are sacrifices you need to make to play sport at the highest level - gambling on sports should be among the easiest. It never fails to astound me when this happens.
I would imagine teams are going to be leery of him and will worry that he might be trying to throw a game. It is disappointing.

Reactions: Forester65

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I just read on the main board that he wasn’t even betting on the NHL. I’m confused as to why he’s even suspended if that’s the case. Players have been allowed to bet on other sports before. There has to be some missing info somewhere

Reactions: Kegs

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I just read on the main board that he wasn’t even betting on the NHL. I’m confused as to why he’s even suspended if that’s the case. Players have been allowed to bet on other sports before. There has to be some missing info somewhere

If he is tangled up with organized crime there is the chance he could be blackmailed into throwing a game, injuring an opponent etc. especially if he owes them a lot of money. Not everyone gambles legally.

IDK if this is the case with him, I'm just speculating as to why the NHL is dropping the hammer on him.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Main board could be wrong. I’ve been looking around too. It’s hard to say. I think it’s only punishable if they are on nhl games. So I don’t know if I believe it.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
If he is tangled up with organized crime there is the chance he could be blackmailed into throwing a game, injuring an opponent etc. especially if he owes them a lot of money. Not everyone gambles legally.

IDK if this is the case with him, I'm just speculating as to why the NHL is dropping the hammer on him.
Sounds like it was online gambling. So I don’t think that’s the case. I think he probably bet on some playoff games or something. I don’t think he bet on his own games.

Reactions: BMC

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Gambling is everywhere. It’s like more than half the reason sports are so prevalent imo.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
So NHL’s own statement said he didn’t bet on any NHL games.

Unless hes giving people injury updates or goalie rotations that influenced betting, I’m very confused at what he could have done to warrant a suspension.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
What baloney from the NHL. He gets suspended half a season for betting on non NHL games, yet they throw gambling Ads on every commercial break and stitches them on to some teams helmets and jerseys ads .

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'd like to see the CBA's language on gambling to see if it is outright banned. If that is the case the NHL needs to clarify and then get a new PR person.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
What baloney from the NHL. He gets suspended half a season for betting on non NHL games, yet they throw gambling Ads on every commercial break and stitches them on to some teams helmets and jerseys ads .
Yeah thats bullshit if it's true. Some of these guys could be gambling addicts, you then blast gambling ads everywhere and expect that they never bet on any sports....seems a little messed up, must be something missing here.

Reactions: Mione134

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
1698344810829.png

Nothing official yet, but a lot of smoke.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Can’t get my linking to work but NHL Press Release specifically states that there is no indication of wagering on NHL games. Third line of release.

I’m not defending Pinto — he’s been foolish. Rules are rules and if you want to have the privilege of playing in NHL you got to go by rules that are in place.

HOWEVER, if there is a bigger hypocrite than Gary Bettman then I want to see it. We all get gambling ads rammed down our throats over and over and over in every hockey game. And yet sports wagering (apparently not involving NHL) is not ok for players. In fact it’s punished quite harshly.

Not every player would get involved with any kind of bad types that might tarnish things. But some might so our tolerance for NHL players on this is zero.

Of course not every poor fan who is inundated by our ads offering them free money to start betting will get hooked and ruin their lives. But some might, and to them we say sucks to be you I guess.

I want to extremely like this, but can’t find an emogi that is strong enough!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: rfournier103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad