NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Regular Season Part 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Vegas are 6-0 and have an incredible 16 guys who have already scored at least one goal and 21 with points on the board. By comparison the Bruins, admittedly with one less game, have 6 and 15. That's not to knock the Bs, just to reinforce how much Cassidy has the Knights buzzing again right across their roster. Don't know this for a fact, but it feels like having that many goal scorers so quickly must be some kind of record. Impressive.

Last edited:

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

Can’t wait to see people fight against these new analytics lol
Been a long time coming. Having speeds and distances available along with other stuff being verified instead of notated by some intern sitting in heaven is desperately needed.

Love the press release coinciding with only a smattering of data being available, or the nhl.com site being too janky to load most of anything.

Reactions: The National

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Apparently, per EF and JM on 32 thoughts, Evander Kane already wants out of Edmonton.

I remember when they went for him McDavid pushed hard for it. yeeesh.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Apparently, per EF and JM on 32 thoughts, Evander Kane already wants out of Edmonton.

Edmonton sounds like an absolute dumpster fire right now.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

And they have him signed through 2026 at a touch over $5M per. Although he still hits a lot, dude has trouble staying healthy and is obviously not the most stable person. He's mad because he had to play some on the third line this season. Yeah, 0 goals and 1 assist in 5 games and a -6 is not exactly the kind of stuff coaches are impressed by. So glad the Bs have steered clear of him.

Reactions: MoffatMan and JCRO

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Watched the Habs Sabres game last night, so there is a place in heaven for me. Good lord is that a boring and uninteresting Habs team. Buffalo has a lot of young talent to watch develop obviously.

The one is exception is Xhekaj. Not sure if he's such a great defenseman yet, but boy what a nasty piece of work he is. Every opportunity to hit, shove, punch or otherwise bully opposing players is taken. I don't say that as a criticism -- I'm jealous. But really just a reflection of what a pain in the ass he is going to be to play against.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Somewhat curious if this “Frozen Frenzy” registers on anyone’s radar.

I don’t think it will.

RedZone works in the NFL, and I’ll throw it on when the Pats aren’t playing and there isn’t a game I particularly care about.

Hockey? Meh. It’s too early in the season and the regular season games don’t matter with the same magnitude as the NFL.

Now, the way they did the bubble with the staggered start times? That’s something I could get behind for the playoffs, or a Saturday afternoon in March as teams vie for the wild card.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Watched the Habs Sabres game last night, so there is a place in heaven for me. Good lord is that a boring and uninteresting Habs team. Buffalo has a lot of young talent to watch develop obviously.

The one is exception is Xhekaj. Not sure if he's such a great defenseman yet, but boy what a nasty piece of work he is. Every opportunity to hit, shove, punch or otherwise bully opposing players is taken. I don't say that as a criticism -- I'm jealous. But really just a reflection of what a pain in the ass he is going to be to play against.
pains me to say this about a Habs player but he`s fun to watch, throwback for sure, simply not many guys any longer who play with a constant snarl and nastiness

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Vegas are 6-0 and have an incredible 16 guys who have already scored at least one goal and 21 with points on the board. By comparison the Bruins, admittedly with one less game, have 6 and 15. That's not to knock the Bs, just to reinforce how much Cassidy has the Knights buzzing again right across their roster. Don't know this for a fact, but it feels like having that many goal scorers so quickly must be some kind of record. Impressive.
So much for the so-called "Cup Hangover" that many teams over the years have encountered at the beginning of the season following a Cup, eh?

I've watched parts of a couple of their games and they look hungry as ever, and it's only the freaking beginning of the season. Have to say as of now they look like a legit threat to repeat.

It should be pointed out that the 3 remaining undefeated teams in the NHL all have opened the season with relatively easy schedules.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad