Post-Game Talk: 2023-2024 Leafs Roster/Changes/Turnovers & Replacement(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Who ever is in charge will have to try to make our captain transition into a new style of player even with all the skill and money he tied to.

I still do think Marner is most likely to be traded but with no GM it might be just the same core coming back.

Also this article feels like it ripped up some my posts over here :laugh:
I won’t look at GM to be the be all and end all.
It is not like the whole front office is gone.

JT should be the one to get traded but for some reason everybody think he is staying bc of his NMC. Not like other players with NMC didn’t get moved.

If AM and Willie resigned, and JT won’t waive, MM is the odd man out. But if both AM and Willie won’t resign, MM will stay.
Either way, I think if they have a target, pretty sure that target is not as good as AM or MM or Willie, thus a proposed deal with that team will most likely be the target plus and the plus will determine if AM or MM or Willie going the other way.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Honestly, watch the Celtics post game presser last night. None of them said they were right there or just need bounces or luck. All of them said they had to do better, they played horrible, one even said it was an embarrassment for the team and the fans, and that’s being down 0-3 in the series not locker clean up day.
Not saying that’s make them being down 0-3 better but they know they screwed up and played horrible. Have any of our guys ever done that?
Always excuses with our guys, that’s why they never improve as a team bc they build up all these narratives in their heads that’s they did great just the other team did better or not getting bounces.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Unless the new GM changes the makeup with the expensive core 4 who have shown 7 years running that they cannot get it done in the playoffs nothing will change and letting Dubas go will be a waste of time.
Going to be hard bc the top guys beside Reilly still don’t get it. Which is disappointing esp with JT since he has been in the league for over 10 years.

I read an article about Jimmy Butler and the thing that struck me the most was, paraphrasing, he said if I dont give it till I drop/last breath, I can’t tell the others they are still not giving their all. Something like that. None of our top guys barring Reilly thinks like that. They think they are doing their best and it is the rest of the team that failed them.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Going to be hard bc the top guys beside Reilly still don’t get it. Which is disappointing esp with JT since he has been in the league for over 10 years.

I read an article about Jimmy Butler and the thing that struck me the most was, paraphrasing, he said if I dont give it till I drop/last breath, I can’t tell the others they are still not giving their all. Something like that. None of our top guys barring Reilly thinks like that. They think they are doing their best and it is the rest of the team that failed them.
100% true. Each 1 of the expensive 4 taken individually is a player you would want on your team but collectively they suck the life out of the team. I have no doubt that if we move on from one of them that player will find success on another team but that will be a better balanced team with real leaders that lead by example

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Are you starting a crusade to state Willie is not our saviour bc most of us know that already, lol.

Hes not a savior, hes an handicap for a team culture

I ask you just one question... Every people want system like brin'amour in Carolina or like tampa/colorado/ Boston or any good playoff did by the past...

Just tell me how you can create tatt kind of system when one of your main piece after 6 season of 1st round lost in playoff came in playoff didn't show any kind of fighting spirit. How can you change your culture for hard work, defeneive 1st mentality when one of your biggest offensive leader did everything you want to remove of your culture.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Hes not a savior, hes an handicap for a team culture

I ask you just one question... Every people want system like brin'amour in Carolina or like tampa/colorado/ Boston or any good playoff did by the past...

Just tell me how you can create tatt kind of system when one of your main piece after 6 season of 1st round lost in playoff came in playoff didn't show any kind of fighting spirit. How can you change your culture for hard work, defeneive 1st mentality when one of your biggest offensive leader did everything you want to remove of your culture.
nobody is denying what you said. Nobody here thinks Willie is our answer. I really don’t understand where you get the idea that people here think Willie is the answer.

100% true. Each 1 of the expensive 4 taken individually is a player you would want on your team but collectively they suck the life out of the team. I have no doubt that if we move on from one of them that player will find success on another team but that will be a better balanced team with real leaders that lead by example
No doubt about it. Those guys will never change as long as they are together here. Quite disappointing that the MGT wasn’t really to pay up to surround them with proper vets from the beginning.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
nobody is denying what you said. Nobody here thinks Willie is our answer. I really don’t understand where you get the idea that people here think Willie is the answer.

No doubt about it. Those guys will never change as long as they are together here. Quite disappointing that the MGT wasn’t really to pay up to surround them with proper vets from the beginning.

I was just respond about who leafs should trade between marner and nylander

A guy whos played the right way, working hard one of best dfensive player in NHL but was not able to provide a lot of offensive vs florida but coming with a 10.9 M contract
Or
A guy who giving you every thing youbwant to eliminate of your team, who didn't gave you a lot of offensive but cost 7M for 1 year before he would try to get at least as much than gaudreau and Tkachuk if its not as much of huberdeau or marner next season

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The issue is so easy to spot.

1684773742215.png

These guys don't get double digits to be this guy:

1684773870127.png

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I was just respond about who leafs should trade between marner and nylander

A guy whos played the right way, working hard one of best dfensive player in NHL but was not able to provide a lot of offensive vs florida but coming with a 10.9 M contract
Or
A guy who giving you every thing youbwant to eliminate of your team, who didn't gave you a lot of offensive but cost 7M for 1 year before he would try to get at least as much than gaudreau and Tkachuk if its not as much of huberdeau or marner next season
Both should be traded for different reasons.

Willie lacks of engagement at times and MM’s lack of mental fortitude.

One can argue both faults can be fixed but it’s been too long and they had been given too many chances.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Explore trading 1 of Marner or Nylander. Trade Brodie for picks. I doubt Muzzin can continue an NHL career. Trade Murray for a pick. That should free up quite a bit of money to spend on free agents, take back players in trades and maybe spread out the lines so we aren't so top heavy.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Both should be traded for different reasons.

Willie lacks of engagement at times and MM’s lack of mental fortitude.

One can argue both faults can be fixed but it’s been too long and they had been given too many chances.

I dont think leafs need to move both... they need to keep marner away of matthews line.when they played together, marner become predictable and when hes not, he tried to creatr much more by himself

Using matthews and marner the same way chicago did with kane and toews

Ps Marner was a pretty huge reason why leafs beat tampa

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I dont think leafs need to move both... they need to keep marner away of matthews line.when they played together, marner become predictable and when hes not, he tried to creatr much more by himself

Using matthews and marner the same way chicago did with kane and toews

Ps Marner was a pretty huge reason why leafs beat tampa
It will be the same if they only trade Willie. Still with the same problems as now, culture and cap distributions.

Cap distributions can be side step but not the culture.

On top of that, MM’s problem is in his head. Pressure gets to him too easily. He is better off not playing for his home town team.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It will be the same if they only trade Willie. Still with the same problems as now, culture and cap distributions.

On top of that, MM’s problem is in his head. Pressure gets to him too easily. He is better off not playing for his home town team.

The Triple Double, have proven time and time again they fail to live up requirements.

Whatever defense you want to use, fails the history test.

1684777897560.png

1684777928517.png

1684777960595.png

1 fricken goal!

Stop the insanity.

How can it be made any more clear?

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

I dont necessairly think its about pressure...gm 2 he was the guy whos lead the was...

Gm 4 comeback started with him

Gm 4 florida wqs all over the ice...

Just think he need to simplify his game

For cap situation... i think leafs is fine because of Matthews Knies... I think he can replace nylander with a rookie level deal and when leafs will need to resign him... jt contract will be over

Leafs can use nylander+kerfoot salary to keep oreilly and upgrade the d and get someone who can also help rielly to bring some offence from D

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I dont necessairly think its about pressure...gm 2 he was the guy whos lead the was...

Gm 4 comeback started with him

Gm 4 florida wqs all over the ice...

Just think he need to simplify his game

For cap situation... i think leafs is fine because of Matthews Knies... I think he can replace nylander with a rookie level deal and when leafs will need to resign him... jt contract will be over

Leafs can use nylander+kerfoot salary to keep oreilly and upgrade the d and get someone who can also help rielly to bring some offence from D
MM’s mental game is too weak for the Leafs.
He is much better off elsewhere bc it will be the same next playoffs.

Cap’s wise, you can’t have three players making 33.5mil and not produce while two of them play with each other on a line.

I would trade JT, MM and Willie and keep AM only. Mainly bc he is a 1C who scores but if he asks for 14mil, will trade him too.

Having all of them makes the Leafs a playoffs team, which is completely unacceptable.

Just look at how the Celtics players own up to their performances and compare that to our guys.
You can see which ones actually give a crap and notice the problem while the others still think they didn’t get bounces.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Cap’s wise, you can’t have three players making 33.5mil and not produce while two of them play with each other on a line.

I would trade JT, MM and Willie and keep AM only. Mainly bc he is a 1C who scores but if he asks for 14mil, will trade him too.

Having all of them makes the Leafs a playoffs team, which is completely unacceptable.

Just look at how the Celtics players own up to their performances and compare that to our guys.
You can see which ones actually give a crap and notice the problem while the others still think they didn’t get bounces.

MM's mental game honestly comes off like basketcase. My brain is in fortnite, I mean shaaaambles!

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

Marner is 10th playoff leading scored
Matthews 20 th

Trade all of them or bith nylander and matthews could easily meaning missed the playoff too. Before to think about looking good in playoff, you need to start by being in playoff

You can easily compare it to Washingtom before they finally been able to win it... its was the same exact thing we heard about ovy, backstrom and core of this team...

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Marner is 10th playoff leading scored
Matthews 20 th

Trade all of them or bith nylander and matthews could easily meaning missed the playoff too. Before to think about looking good in playoff, you need to start by being in playoff

You can easily compare it to Washingtom before they finally been able to win it... its was the same exact thing we heard about ovy, backstrom and core of this team...
I am all for keeping our Ovi but it doesn't seem like he wants to deal with us before the 1st when he has total leverage. It's lame, Ovi is a character guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad