Post-Game Talk: 2023-2024 Leafs Roster/Changes/Turnovers & Replacement(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I am all for keeping our Ovi but it doesn't seem like he wants to deal with us before the 1st when he has total leverage. It's lame, Ovi is a character guy.

I watched Washington a lot by past year and sorry Ovechkin was worst than Matthews and marner right now. He was constantly cheating offensivly, never commit defensivly. The only thing he did is hitting and playing offensive until the year begore the stanley cup when he finally understand than he need to do something else to win in playoff. he finally understand it at 31...

Matthews probably want to see who is new gm, how hes working. In wich direction leafs going and its 100% normal.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Marner is 10th playoff leading scored
Matthews 20 th

Trade all of them or bith nylander and matthews could easily meaning missed the playoff too. Before to think about looking good in playoff, you need to start by being in playoff

You can easily compare it to Washingtom before they finally been able to win it... its was the same exact thing we heard about ovy, backstrom and core of this team...
Playoffs beside this year was really at most 7 more games. Don’t think that’s a huge difference.

You have to come to the realization that our guys can’t do it collectively and by taking just one of them away probably won’t work.
Funny you mentioned the Caps since they only kept Ovie and Backstorm from their core. While Ovie and Backstorm seem to actually played in playoffs games instead of disappearing and give up the pucks in elimination games. They also would owe up not playing well, which means they know they need to be better than thinking if only Sid was not in their division, they would had won Cups.

I don’t understand why any sane person would want to run it back with the top three guys thinking it will be different results.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Playoffs beside this year was really at most 7 more games. Don’t think that’s a huge difference.

You have to come to the realization that our guys can’t do it collectively and by taking just one of them away probably won’t work.
Funny you mentioned the Caps since they only kept Ovie and Backstorm from their core. While Ovie and Backstorm seem to actually played in playoffs games instead of disappearing and give up the pucks in elimination games. They also would owe up not playing well, which means they know they need to be better than thinking if only Sid was not in their division, they would had won Cups.

They moved on from Green, Semin, Varlamov etc...bold but worked

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

The Next Maple Leafs GM Is...? | The Chris Johnston Show

sdpn

May 22, 2023 The Chris Johnston Show

On this episode of The Chris Johnston Show, Dubas/Shanahan (2:00), Brandon Pridham (5:00), the Maple Leafs GM search (6:15), the core four & Sheldon Keefe (12:15), You Can Bet That w/ Sports Interaction (21:15), Doug Armstrong's name circling Maple Leafs (29:15), Craig Conroy (33:20), Sergei Bobrovsky (42:30) and #AskCJ (44:45).

Last edited:

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Changing Dubas might have been the only run it back option for this core.
I didn’t expect a new FM to come in and make any big moves in a few weeks.
And it looks like a run it back.
If we don't get a new GM asap who has the right vision, I think it'll be a runback tbh if Shanny is in tow. I hope I am wrong, and even without the GM, there is less chaos and we get the right trades/changes needed to retool and make a damn deep run.

Otherwise...Cue Titanic Music:

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Maybe....the answer is family...

1684784897485.png

• Love
Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
I bet the "blunt" and "honest" responses were by ROR, Acciari, Schenn, McCabe

Hope we get more info on this

National Hockey League insider Elliotte Friedman has revealed that, during the exit interviews that took place at the end of the season, a number of Maple Leafs players were very critical of their teammates.

"I heard that Toronto's exit interviews we're pretty tough," said Friedman on the 32 Thoughts Podcast. "I heard that Toronto players were pretty blunt."

What makes this particular nugget of information from Friedman so credible though is that his source appears to be a player within that very same locker room.

"What this player told me is that they think you should keep an eye on what maybe unfolds over the next few weeks," revealed Friedman. "Because he thinks some of the players were really blunt about why it didn't work."

No doubt we will learn more about who said what in the coming weeks, either in the form of stories leaking out or in the form of the inevitable changes some of those comments are bound to lead to.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

National Hockey League insider Elliotte Friedman has revealed that, during the exit interviews that took place at the end of the season, a number of Maple Leafs players were very critical of their teammates.

"I heard that Toronto's exit interviews we're pretty tough," said Friedman on the 32 Thoughts Podcast. "I heard that Toronto players were pretty blunt."

What makes this particular nugget of information from Friedman so credible though is that his source appears to be a player within that very same locker room.

"What this player told me is that they think you should keep an eye on what maybe unfolds over the next few weeks," revealed Friedman. "Because he thinks some of the players were really blunt about why it didn't work."

No doubt we will learn more about who said what in the coming weeks, either in the form of stories leaking out or in the form of the inevitable changes some of those comments are bound to lead to.

Can't wait till more info on the red fonts becomes available ;)

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Were these 1 on 1 exit interviews?
Unless they were group discussions, in which case they'd be meaningless.
If they were 1 on 1's it is up to the player to "come clean" on their comments.
Don't see players saying anything to hurt their own reputation.

1 goal for $33mm in 5 games against the Panthers.

How much more blunt can you be?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I bet the "blunt" and "honest" responses were by ROR, Acciari, Schenn, McCabe

Luke Schenn 100%.

If you think back to someone Schenn’s comments during the second round, it’s pretty clear. He seemed confused at the mentality.

Schenn is someone we need to keep around. He and Rielly were tremendous start to finish in the playoffs.

Jake McCabe never played in the playoffs before this year and wasn’t particularly good in the playoffs either. Arguably was our worst player after Justin Holl, which is disappointing given how good he was in the regular season with us

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

The Next Maple Leafs GM Is...? | The Chris Johnston Show

sdpn

May 22, 2023 The Chris Johnston Show

On this episode of The Chris Johnston Show, Dubas/Shanahan (2:00), Brandon Pridham (5:00), the Maple Leafs GM search (6:15), the core four & Sheldon Keefe (12:15), You Can Bet That w/ Sports Interaction (21:15), Doug Armstrong's name circling Maple Leafs (29:15), Craig Conroy (33:20), Sergei Bobrovsky (42:30) and #AskCJ (44:45).

So only the entitled get a call from lord Brendan? That doesn’t sound like a team building tactit for bringing everybody together. I guess you need so many comma’s in your salary to warrant a phone call??????

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton

I mean atm...under shanny the insinuation is all of the core 4 will be back so whatever was said might not even matter until the New GM. I really hope we have some clarity soon.

If I was take a guess it would have to be from ROR and Schenn, those too seem super verbal about what the hell is going on.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I mean atm...under shanny the insinuation is all of the core 4 will be back so whatever was said might not even matter until the New GM. I really hope we have some clarity soon.

If I was take a guess it would have to be from ROR and Schenn, those too seem super verbal about what the hell is going on.

Maybe the players who didn't get a public apology from the coach feel like step-teammates?

Pinkcat

Jul 4, 2013

Guessing that some themes might have been coaching, effort and lack of response to Knies being targeted. Things that we don't see from teams that are successful in the play-offs.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Maybe the players who didn't get a public apology from the coach feel like step-teammates?
your guess is good as mine.
Guessing that some themes might have been coaching, effort and lack of response to Knies being targeted. Things that we don't see from teams that are successful in the play-offs.
Yea that lack of jump wasn't there that's for sure.

So I read that many players were blunt about the team issues - giving me a lot of hope for positive change - then, 10 minutes later, I read that the core players felt that Shanny was bringing them back. This team is putting shambles in my brain.
My only hope is we have someone by Friday, this upcoming week....That gives them roughly around what 3 weeks to figure out how to maneuver this.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I like that there actually seems to be an extensive search going on. Not just making the easy decision of promoting a current AGM and our current AHL coach with the belief that the people in house must be the right answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad