2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It's the lion from their freaking crest, like holy shit dude, I know you hate Chelsea, but lol.

No one is saying they should be praised, but acting like they have to keep this subsidy forever because reasons is just dumb. It would be completely different if this was a standard held by all or most clubs, but it's the exact opposite.

Savant is the one bringing it up again, and he's the only one I specifically said was clutching pearls about it.
The lion is not unique to Chelsea. Aston Villa for example has a lion too. So you are wasting money that couldn’t be better used for worthy fan causes to put up modern art that isn’t unique to Chelsea. No one hears “the Lions” and thinks of Chelsea. It’s a joke. Maybe Todd wants to change your name to the London Lions

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
The lion is not unique to Chelsea. Aston Villa for example has a lion too. So you are wasting money that couldn’t be better used for worthy fan causes to put up modern art that isn’t unique to Chelsea. No one hears “the Lions” and thinks of Chelsea. It’s a joke. Maybe Todd wants to change your name to the London Lions
London already has a Lions who also play in a stadium known as "The Den." :laugh:

Reactions: Savant

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don’t think you know what unique means

I remember when Hull City tried to change their name to the Tigers. That was wild
Do you view all lions as the same? The lion in Chelsea's crest is unique to Chelsea, and that's what's going up, not some random generic lion or freaking Simba.

This is quite possibly the dumbest argument I've ever had on this site.

Reactions: Blender

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
i think the statues are pretty corny but the argument is also corny

liverpool shouldn't be called the reds because they are not the only red team

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Do you view all lions as the same? The lion in Chelsea's crest is unique to Chelsea, and that's what's going up, not some random generic lion or freaking Simba.

This is quite possibly the dumbest argument I've ever had on this site.
Who calls Chelsea the Lions? I understand that there are some qualified zoologists that can differentiate between different types of lions. I am saying is the team name “Lions” is not unique to Chelsea. Therefore they should not be spending millions of dollars on a statue of a lion. Take a picture when it’s done and we will see. I’m sure it will look great, but no one associates lions with Chelsea

i think the statues are pretty corny but the argument is also corny

liverpool shouldn't be called the reds because they are not the only red team
People call LFC the Reds. No one calls Chelsea the Lions. Also Liverpool is not putting up million dollars statues of the…um…color Red (?)

But yeah I don’t care if people call LFC the Reds or not, and I’m certainly not going to get butt hurt either way about it.

All I am saying is the next time I hear Chelsea referred to as “The Lions” it will be the first time

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I hardly associate Chelsea with lions. There are so many crests/logos that use them. Not talking strictly football. It's been a symbol in heraldry for ages. Just so bland.

Meanwhile I'd absolute associate Spurs with the Cockerel.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Who calls Chelsea the Lions? I understand that there are some qualified zoologists that can differentiate between different types of lions. I am saying is the team name “Lions” is not unique to Chelsea. Therefore they should not be spending millions of dollars on a statue of a lion. Take a picture when it’s done and we will see. I’m sure it will look great, but no one associates lions with Chelsea

People call LFC the Reds. No one calls Chelsea the Lions. Also Liverpool is not putting up million dollars statues of the…um…color Red (?)

But yeah I don’t care if people call LFC the Reds or not, and I’m certainly not going to get butt hurt either way about it.

All I am saying is the next time I hear Chelsea referred to as “The Lions” it will be the first time
Why do you always shift the goal posts. The argument isn't that Chelsea are called the lions or referred to as the lions, it's that they are putting up a statue of the lion in the crest. We can definitely call it corny and tacky, but if someone knows what our crest looks like, they'll see the statue and know it's Chelsea. We don't have to take a picture of it, you literally linked the plans of it, we know what it will look like.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why do you always shift the goal posts. The argument isn't that Chelsea are called the lions or referred to as the lions, it's that they are putting up a statue of the lion in the crest. We can definitely call it corny and tacky, but if someone knows what our crest looks like, they'll see the statue and know it's Chelsea. We don't have to take a picture of it, you literally linked the plans of it, we know what it will look like.
I can settle on corny and tacky. Onto something else

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
On the United stuff, it goes further than that turmoil. They (they here being the Glazers) have looted one of the gems of world football for the past 2 decades. They've allowed probably one of the premier grounds in football to get rundown. The shenanigan's that go on off the pitch, the lack of clear football direction and then the whole management debacle has been a crime.

There's a lot of blame to go around. I know I'll get crap for saying it, but for all of what he has done for the club, SAF has given that family pass and cover to loot the club and run it to this point. He's not in charge now, but if he came out and spoke out against them at any point, ownership would be untenable.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
And again, Chelsea were one of the few or the last remaining EPL clubs left even doing the subsidy, according to Matt Law. The pearl clutching about it is just sad. Of all the things to dump on Chelsea about, this might be one of the weakest.

Of all the things to defend Chelsea about, this strikes me as one of the weakest

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
The extra game ban for Virgil in perspective is stupid.

Like, I get that he was a dick, and should have left. He also used language that wasn't great. Though the idea that any of that language is not used basically every match is silly.

I just want some consistency. Dude elbowed Robertson and got nothing. Some players have made contact with officials. Others say much worse than Virgil did. We almost are back to a spin the wheel of justice again.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Btw Indy Kalia is a known spoof account. And it’s one of the oldest in the realm of LFC Twitter

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The extra game ban for Virgil in perspective is stupid.

Like, I get that he was a dick, and should have left. He also used language that wasn't great. Though the idea that any of that language is not used basically every match is silly.

I just want some consistency. Dude elbowed Robertson and got nothing. Some players have made contact with officials. Others say much worse than Virgil did. We almost are back to a spin the wheel of justice again.
I look forward to every other player that says the F word in front of a ref getting suspended

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The issue wasn't just Virgil's words, it was his words in connection with his refusal to leave the pitch even after VAR confirmed what was obvious to all.

As for the Robertson thing, don't try to lean in on and get in the face of an AR and the AR won't try to make space. I get that Liverpool fans are most comfortable when whining, but it's laughable seeing this brought up again and again and again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad