2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Burn the entire infrastructure to the ground.

You’ll also never convince me that the owners aren’t rotten too. You don’t have a club this dysfunctional when it comes to these types of issues if the owners actually care about them.

Reactions: Jussi

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Player of the month nominees: Bowen, Mitoma, Rodri, Maddison, Mbeumo, Awoniyi

Manager of the month nominees: Arteta(?), Klopp, Guardiola, Postecoglou, Moyes

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He's innocent until proven guilty and with some of the situations it's really hard to figure out... but after you've had one VERY public issue with domestic violence and assault with your players, and plenty of outcry based upon your poor handling of that issue, you have to overcorrect in this case. He might very well be innocent, but you can't play him. Now if someone at the top knew about it, or arraigned a fixer situation, then you really need to have some heads roll.

The problem is, like we saw with the Greenwood (and many other players) the charges are dropped, not investigated, or they pay the person off.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Burn the entire infrastructure to the ground.

You’ll also never convince me that the owners aren’t rotten too. You don’t have a club this dysfunctional when it comes to these types of issues if the owners actually care about them.
Imagine being the Glazers and being upset they only got bids of “just shy of 6bil“. Like you saddled the club with half a billion dollars(in a sale type that is now illegal as well) in debt when you bought the club and from a sporting side you’ve basically destroyed one of the biggest name in all of sports. It’s almost impressive how bad the’ve been at spending money on players on however many rebuilds they’re on now. Which in the end has saddled more debt and financial question on the team.

And now with how bad the leadership is and has been now all the skeletons in the non sporting side are coming out. Were celebrating pedophiles. We’re doing our best to hide and bring back players that are abusive to women. We’re accused of covering up domestic abuse.

But it’s a problem the club won’t sell for 20x what you bought it for? The owners are 100% the reason the clubs in the state that it is unfortunately.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Maybe the guy just needs some down time? Being in front of the camera and famous all the time can't be easy.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Maybe the guy just needs some down time? Being in front of the camera and famous all the time can't be easy.

I don’t know man. This really seems like the club is gaslighting the player to stand by the manager. Which is a real low blow considering Sancho mental health. But this is par for the course from United, especially with this regime. This seems really nit picky, especially to use against Sancho. This reeks

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don’t know man. This really seems like the club is gaslighting the player to stand by the manager. Which is a real low blow considering Sancho mental health. But this is par for the course from United, especially with this regime. This seems really nit picky, especially to use against Sancho. This reeks
Oh I agree 100%.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Pep G has been absent for match day 3 & 4 and I still don't know the reason why....

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Imagine being the Glazers and being upset they only got bids of “just shy of 6bil“. Like you saddled the club with half a billion dollars(in a sale type that is now illegal as well) in debt when you bought the club and from a sporting side you’ve basically destroyed one of the biggest name in all of sports. It’s almost impressive how bad the’ve been at spending money on players on however many rebuilds they’re on now. Which in the end has saddled more debt and financial question on the team.

And now with how bad the leadership is and has been now all the skeletons in the non sporting side are coming out. Were celebrating pedophiles. We’re doing our best to hide and bring back players that are abusive to women. We’re accused of covering up domestic abuse.

But it’s a problem the club won’t sell for 20x what you bought it for? The owners are 100% the reason the clubs in the state that it is unfortunately.
Using debt to finance a sale is illegal now?

Pep G has been absent for match day 3 & 4 and I still don't know the reason why....
I thought he had back surgery or something.

Why the Arteta question mark? In August, he won the same or more points than everyone listed (albeit only being ahead of Pep due to Pep's injury). It's the managers of the top 5 teams in the table.

Reactions: LOGiK

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

He was given 3-4 months in the middle of the season last year to recover from injuries and get his head right. I'm really not sure what more time off would do.

United have plenty enough to hate them over lately that it doesn't make any sense to try to make the Sancho stuff a big deal.

Sancho had issues with effort and discipline at City, Sancho had issues with effort and discipline at Dortmun, Sancho had issues with effort and discipline with England, Sancho is having issues with effort and discipline at United.

ETH gave him special treatment and months off in the middle of the season to get his head right while he was recovering from injuries and that didn't result in anything. Now, when ETH was asked why Sancho wasn't in the lineup he responded that he hasn't shown enough quality in training to be included over the other attackers. That's a totally bland response and isn't remotely a controversial take. Then Sancho decided to make it a giant drama on social media and imply some sort of conspiracy against him.

If the player has had issues with professionalism, making meetings, and training at every single stop in his career and responds to a tame comment that he hasn't shown enough in training to justify a spot by blasting out at the manager on social media, maybe it's a player issue and not a coach issue?

Nothing about that tweet is even negative about Sancho.

Reactions: Jussi

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Why the Arteta question mark? In August, he won the same or more points than everyone listed (albeit only being ahead of Pep due to Pep's injury). It's the managers of the top 5 teams in the table.

Because I think they've been underperforming the past three games.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The manager of the month is a pretty low effort list. Just grab the 5 clubs who had the most points and don't think any further.

No love for Brentford who are playing really well, West Ham on there despite pretty significant overperforming of both xG and xGA which will almost assuredly come back to the mean. Palace deserves more credit than Spurs or Liverpool given the relative resources they're working with and close actual performance in games (not fluky results)

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He was given 3-4 months in the middle of the season last year to recover from injuries and get his head right. I'm really not sure what more time off would do.
I was more alluding to the situation in the tweet. The time off to accomodate Sancho was a good call, least anyone can do.

The "He can be loud and extroverted, but he can also be very reserved," doesn't make me think Sancho is complicated. He just has a limit to the extroverted side of him like most humans. Not all footballers are built to be "on" at all times.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Why wouldn’t it?
Well the source is the Daily Fail so there's a good chance it isn't.

uhh.gif
The levels of incompetence at the office... :facepalm:

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Not defending United's actions obviously, but why is this being reported now vs last year around when it happened? There's already enough ammo to beat them down with right now, and unless I'm missing something, it comes off as just trying to get clicks for more United controversy that's old.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nothing about that tweet is even negative about Sancho.
Then why put it out? They are clearly trying to attach a narrative to the player; or at least reinforce it. I think it’s very negative. I think they are piling on and I’d be willing to bet it’s to take the heat off Antony. They aren’t clever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad