2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Who could forget when Craig Whyte killed Rangers by buying them with a loan he took out against four years' worth of season ticket sales?

Great stuff. You don't see many green and gold scarves at Old Trafford these days.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And this is what Michael Edwards has been up to

Some other former LFC back room too

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
they also got Graham their director of research / analytics. Pretty good gig, especially since he can consult and potentially run a club.
Sounds like they are going to outsource themselves to multiple clubs

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
In a recent podcast, Matt Law said Chelsea were one of the few clubs left that still did that away coach subsidy or maybe even the last club that did it. You, details though, who cares about that.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
In a recent podcast, Matt Law said Chelsea were one of the few clubs left that still did that away coach subsidy or maybe even the last club that did it. You, details though, who cares about that.
This isn’t making the point that you think that it’s making

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Glazers doing such a bang up job as owners that even Sheik Jassim is becoming a much more favored owner to them. And a couple of months ago I probably wouldn't have felt that way...

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don’t really think anyone is demanding that all clubs have to offer the subsidy, however it’s absurd to cancel it for being financially unstable after spending a billion on players and tens or maybe hundreds of thousands on statues of lions.

It’s like a guy buying a new Lamborghini and then saying that his girlfriend now needs to pay for her share of their meal at Subway because him paying for both of them is financially unstable.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don’t really think anyone is demanding that all clubs have to offer the subsidy, however it’s absurd to cancel it for being financially unstable after spending a billion on players and tens or maybe hundreds of thousands on statues of lions.

It’s like a guy buying a new Lamborghini and then saying that his girlfriend now needs to pay for her share of their meal at Subway because him paying for both of them is financially unstable.
It was said by at least one poster that the fans are entitled to that subsidy, and I'd guess a few more here would agree. I don't like the timing of it, it should've been done earlier to give proper notice, but it was likely in a long list of cuts that allowed for other spending, like stadium renovations that has been needed for a long time.

I do expect that any sort of spending for any possible thing to get posted here for a handful of posters to clutch pearls at about the elimination of that subsidy.

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It was said by at least one poster that the fans are entitled to that subsidy, and I'd guess a few more here would agree. I don't like the timing of it, it should've been done earlier to give proper notice, but it was likely in a long list of cuts that allowed for other spending, like stadium renovations that has been needed for a long time.

I do expect that any sort of spending for any possible thing to get posted here for a handful of posters to clutch pearls at about the elimination of that subsidy.
Your official supporters trust is clutching at pearls

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I do enjoy a bunch of North Americans on the internet arguing about the morals of an English football club owned by an American billionaire not contributing to supporters attending matches. An absolutely delicious irony deficiency. #barclays

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I do enjoy a bunch of North Americans on the internet arguing about the morals of an English football club owned by an American billionaire not contributing to supporters attending matches. An absolutely delicious irony deficiency. #barclays
Hence saying the fans should be entitled to the subsidy forever and then not arguing about it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And again, Chelsea were one of the few or the last remaining EPL clubs left even doing the subsidy, according to Matt Law. The pearl clutching about it is just sad. Of all the things to dump on Chelsea about, this might be one of the weakest.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Hence saying the fans should be entitled to the subsidy forever and then not arguing about it.
If I were a Barclays franchise owner with several billion in the bank I know I'd have far too much shame not to do everything possible to support the, er, supporters.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
And again, Chelsea were one of the few or the last remaining EPL clubs left even doing the subsidy, according to Matt Law. The pearl clutching about it is just sad. Of all the things to dump on Chelsea about, this might be one of the weakest.
And again this isn’t making the point that you think this is making. They took away a good thing. They shouldn’t be praised for doing what everyone else is doing; as it’s a bad idea from every one. They aren’t justified because they decided to be followers.

And Chelsea isn’t even the lions. Half (not literally) the other teams in the league have lions

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Pearl clutching how, I'm not the one who brought it up a week later.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And again this isn’t making the point that you think this is making. They took away a good thing. They shouldn’t be praised for doing what everyone else is doing; as it’s a bad idea from every one. They aren’t justified because they decided to be followers.

And Chelsea isn’t even the lions. Half (not literally) the other teams in the league have lions
It's the lion from their freaking crest, like holy shit dude, I know you hate Chelsea, but lol.

No one is saying they should be praised, but acting like they have to keep this subsidy forever because reasons is just dumb. It would be completely different if this was a standard held by all or most clubs, but it's the exact opposite.

Pearl clutching how, I'm not the one who brought it up a week later.
Savant is the one bringing it up again, and he's the only one I specifically said was clutching pearls about it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If I were a Barclays franchise owner with several billion in the bank I know I'd have far too much shame not to do everything possible to support the, er, supporters.
They need to keep the subsidy forever because it sickens me to watch people suck billionaires asses when they take something from people.

‘Sir we need to take more money from people because you can’t stop signing awful footballers’ is just really bad and I would never side with anyone who does that. It also bears mentioning that Liverpool fans have complained about their owners doing shit like that since the beginning of time itself. It’s one reason people hate our club’s owners. There is no reason nor any justification to support these kinds of people.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad