Speculation: 2022 off-season discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Faulty perceptions, faulty narratives, and faulty memories.

What are the numbers and stats for Peeke and Gavrikov? Would love to see the PK numbers for these guys. @Cowumbus

Nothing is ever Werenski’s fault. Ok. And take it easy, he quite literally isn’t a problem at this point.

You guys want to put all the blame on Bean and Boqvist and the offense??

How are our 2 most “defensive defenseman” (USED in these situations) not seen as having a BIG impact on a defense that bottom 5 in the entire league, and plays like the worst??

It could VERY easily be argued that Gavrikov has peaked and that if this is considered Peeke “on his way”…..:eek::help:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Faulty perceptions, faulty narratives, and faulty memories.

What are the numbers and stats for Peeke and Gavrikov? Would love to see the PK numbers for these guys. @Cowumbus

Nothing is ever Werenski’s fault. Ok. And take it easy, he quite literally isn’t at this point.

You guys want to put all the blame on Bean and Boqvist and the offense??

How are our 2 most “defensive defenseman” (USED in these situations) not seen as having a BIG impact on a defense that bottom 5 in the entire league, and plays like the worst??

It could VERY easily be argued that Gavrikov has peaked and that if this is considered Peeke “on his way”…..:eek::help:

No you don't. You've literally never liked seeing numbers unless they confirm your pre-conceived notions / narratives. I'd post them here but I already know you don't want them. All I'll get is complaints about decimals.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
No you don't. You've literally never liked seeing numbers unless they confirm your pre-conceived notions / narratives. I'd post them here but I already know you don't want them. All I'll get is complaints about decimals.
Am I interested in the numbers? Yes

Would I still say “they suck”? Yes

Do some of you single me out (unfairly/hypocritically) for having unfavorable views of certain guys? Yes

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Am I interested in the numbers? Yes

Would I still say “they suck”? Yes

Do some of you single me out (unfairly/hypocritically) for having unfavorable views of certain guys? Yes
It's hardly unfair or hypocritical if you're particularly and/or unusually obnoxious about those views as compared to others on this board. Which is why I desperately wish you could tone that down, because then we could have much more interesting conversations. As it is, filtering out the noise often gets to be more trouble than it's worth, and that's a damned shame.

Youngguns1380

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
What the thoughts on acquiring John Marino from Pens?

I think this should be the home run hit.

25yr old RD 6’1 185 - signed through 2026 4.4 cap hit

Trade 2023 2nd +Bean (maybe retain)?

They need Cap Space

LazyCircuits

Dec 14, 2019
Europia

They need Cap Space

I was just checking his contract on capfriendly five minutes ago.

A trade involving someone like Bemstrom gives them a lot more in cap space but we could do Bean

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

They need Cap Space
yes yes yes yes omg yes pls yes gimme gimmie

* * *​

A trade involving someone like Bemstrom gives them a lot more in cap space but we could do Bean
I'd be wiling to live with that as well, tho it'd hurt a little.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Okay, more or less like the anti-Gavrikov mafia we suddenly seem to have.

To be fair, the scheme (if we can call it that) that was used last year (someone called it man to man, it wasn't) did Gavrikov no favours (nor any of our other D).

Gavrikov did get exposed a bit last year and often got caught in the middle ground. But then again, which of our D didn't get exposed this way.

Personally I think we have a scheme issue. Would I like better personnel, sure, but the scheme should play to personnel strengths and it did not.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012

They need Cap Space

Still don't get why he's on the block. I mean I get cap and so many of their other his being untradeable. Half the league has cap issues. Pitt's issues revolve around one name, Malkin.

I'd say some 18 teams have to bee cautious with their cap. Should be an interesting summer with few mega contracts.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Still don't get why he's on the block. I mean I get cap and so many of their other his being untradeable. Half the league has cap issues. Pitt's issues revolve around one name, Malkin.

I'd say some 18 teams have to bee cautious with their cap. Should be an interesting summer with few mega contracts.

What I gathered earlier in the year is that the Pens have a lot of middle pair D and they (Pens or Pens fans) are floating Marino because they think he should have a big return. Bemstrom, Bean, 2nd, those are all just sweeteners, you'll need to go bigger than that.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Looking at cap teams, I wonder if we could get:

Vegas - Theodore (plays RD too) or Whitecloud (not much savings)
Tampa - I don't see an easy cap victim but I could see signing Rutta
Florida - Bennett is probably the target but we don't need him really
Minnesota - Dumba (turn a rebuild to a restart)
Montreal - ?
Vancouver - Horvat, Garland, Myers
Boston - I wonder if Carlo could be had
Philly - ?
San Jose - I mean burns I guess ( don't really want)
Washington - ?
St Louis - ?
New York Rangers - Trouba is their problem
Toronto - ?
LAK - tons of RFAs maybe sneak Durzi out of there?
Chicago - Murphy
Pitt - Marino
Edmonton - ?

Or we could take the slow rebuild approach. I really wouldn't mind Marino or Durzi or either Vegas D or Dumba or Horvat....

Of course we need to be careful with our cap space, if Laine costs around 9M then we're left with 8M roughly for Blankenburg, Bemmstrom, Carlson, TFW, and Stenlund plus any other signings we would do.

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Compare Savard's play around the boards, in the front of the net, in the corner with Gavrikov's play. Of course I mean when he was younger, in Gavrikov years, and not the last two.
Again, similar players must win battles against strong boys too. This is a reason why I don't think Gavrikov can play in the the second pair. Because his hockey vision is average, maximum a bit average. And we don't have RH player like Hedman. Although I think he's mobile, quite good skater. But he's in the age in which d-men can still improve so I hope he does it.
Peeke is still young I have no problem with him.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Part of me thinks Jarmo isn't gonna make any big moves this year. Or maybe he waited until after the draft to trade anyone to gather some more 2023 picks. Let the team take another development year, see how things shake out, if we're looking like a lottery team come deadline so be it. If we're pushing for the playoffs then make your moves to grab some needed help.

Reactions: Dumais and cslebn

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
This was the year to do it but he didn’t (all of the asset wingers). Again there is no clear cut 1C and it is highly annoying. He thinks quantity will suffice. 22 years as a franchise and no 1C. Seattle 2 yrs as a franchise and they have a 1 & 2C.

Do you think Jack R can cover any of the 1C’s from this past years play-offs?
Going to nitpick here... Who are they? If you're indicating that Wright and Berniers are 1C and 2C that's a little premature. Sure they might get there but they have zero NHL games. Also, who's to say Johnson isn't a future 1C? Sure he's played mostly wing but PLD started on the wing as well. so did Johansen.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see who the clear cut 1C is but we do not lack for centers and having three 2C is a good spot to be as well (Roslovic, Sillinger, Jenner)

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
The Metro is just murders row , in all honesty there are 6 teams that could win it next yr . I’m ok with another yr competitive , entertaining hockey , making strides defensively , guys like Sillinger, Johnson , Marchenko, Chinakov , Boquist , Texier , taking their next steps in development , seeing how Johnson performs at center , trading and getting some assets for the logjam of forwards, plus what we get for Nyquist … top 3 pick next yr will give us that one more elite offensive player we need , with a stocked farm system, and what looks to be a great D core coming soon .

Reactions: Toe Pick and koteka

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Th
Part of me thinks Jarmo isn't gonna make any big moves this year. Or maybe he waited until after the draft to trade anyone to gather some more 2023 picks. Let the team take another development year, see how things shake out, if we're looking like a lottery team come deadline so be it. If we're pushing for the playoffs then make your moves to grab some needed help.
This is what Im hopeful for mostly. Im glad Jarmo didnt give up his picks this year and lets give guys like Boqvist, Bean, Roslovic etc another year to see what they do and what we have. Rather give guys time to find their game here vs somewhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad