GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
That was stupid good from Panarin. How do you get that much on that shot with the release angle of the blade that far behind you?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Ya this screams overreaction with the Rangers praise. How quickly people forget Tampa's game 1 v Toronto. I expect this to be a long series and TB coming out on top, even though my Rags SC bet would payout better!
I’m not so sure anymore. I think Tampa needs Point back to win.

It will be a 6-7 game series though

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Yup, we havent had a #1 Dman since Lubo and has been probably our biggest roster hole for the past decade.

Beauchemin had the one year too in 2013 where he was a beast. 4th in Norris voting. Since then we’ve had a few good no 2s but have lacked that truly elite dman.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
1/2 a period with no goals... absolute goaltending clinic compared to last game. Still hoping for a high scoring game... come on 6-5 or 5-4 game!

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
And you can punch the Avs ticket to the finals. As good as McDavid and Draisaitl are they’re not going to overcome having a horrific blueline and Mike Smith being in net when it comes to playing the Avs. Does not help that Nurse is so injured he can barely play either.

Reactions: Static
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Oilers goalies are so bad…. You can’t tell me they ain’t gunna go big for a golaie in offseason

Nurse is the worst contract in the league lol
Honestly I can see them very much not do that. Kenny Holland has pretty much never seemed to value the position, the only kind of exceptions are getting one of the greatest ever on a platter and then signing CuJo to replace him, which went pretty badly. He's also been extremely patient and I don't think that changes now that it's starting to pay off.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Honestly I can see them very much not do that. Kenny Holland has pretty much never seemed to value the position, the only kind of exceptions are getting one of the greatest ever on a platter and then signing CuJo to replace him, which went pretty badly. He's also been extremely patient and I don't think that changes now that it's starting to pay off.
Holland has made some pretty desperate plays for guys in the last couple years. With retirement coming I can see him throwing the kitchen sink this offseason. Serious doubts Gibson would ever waive for Edmonton though.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Holland has made some pretty desperate plays for guys in the last couple years. With retirement coming I can see him throwing the kitchen sink this offseason. Serious doubts Gibson would ever waive for Edmonton though.
Has he? I don't know if I'd call those desperate, but even if so I think there's a major difference between stuff with the likes of Keith and Kane and going all-in on a goalie. I'd even say they're totally at odds with each other, given that the whole point of the Keith trade was trying to get a top four guy for as little of a draft pick as possible.

Which isn't to say he couldn't change, but he's been very frugal when it comes to futures thus far and I have a tough time seeing that change now that any real pressure's off. Especially when there are other decent options that can probably be had for a lot cheaper.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Has he? I don't know if I'd call those desperate, but even if so I think there's a major difference between stuff with the likes of Keith and Kane and going all-in on a goalie. I'd even say they're totally at odds with each other, given that the whole point of the Keith trade was trying to get a top four guy for as little of a draft pick as possible.

Which isn't to say he couldn't change, but he's been very frugal when it comes to futures thus far and I have a tough time seeing that change now that any real pressure's off. Especially when there are other decent options that can probably be had for a lot cheaper.
Desperate was probably the wrong word. He hasn't been afraid of moves that were largely panned I guess. I also thought he was the guy who signed lucic, but Holland came after that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad