GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Holland has made some pretty desperate plays for guys in the last couple years. With retirement coming I can see him throwing the kitchen sink this offseason. Serious doubts Gibson would ever waive for Edmonton though.
I had to look it up because for some reason I thought Holland had been fired this season.

Koskinen comes off the books this summer and Smith only has one year left in his deal, so he'll be forced to address goaltending regardless.

Not sure what you mean by retirement? Has Holland said he's retiring or something?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I had to look it up because for some reason I thought Holland had been fired this season.

Koskinen comes off the books this summer and Smith only has one year left in his deal, so he'll be forced to address goaltending regardless.

Not sure what you mean by retirement? Has Holland said he's retiring or something?

Yeah, there's been some talk Holland might retire in two years. He's 66 and he's been a GM for like 25 years now, he's certainly earned it.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Smith has made 2nd most saves in these playoffs. Maybe some games were played because of a result of his poor play but I wonder how much could we be unapreciating him. Haven't seen that much of him tho. In some games he has been decent ino

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Perry should just take a forever deal in Tampa. Sit at the top of the crease and tip home pucks on PP1 for the rest of your career big guy, you’ve earned it

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Perry should just take a forever deal in Tampa. Sit at the top of the crease and tip home pucks on PP1 for the rest of your career big guy, you’ve earned it

He’s still elite in that area in front of the crease. Maroon with the bait on Reaves. I know Patty said some shit when he left, but what he’s accomplished is pretty remarkable. I borderline say I like the guy now.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Smith has made 2nd most saves in these playoffs. Maybe some games were played because of a result of his poor play but I wonder how much could we be unapreciating him. Haven't seen that much of him tho. In some games he has been decent ino

Mike Smith’s problem are that his blunders are so noticeably bad and they always seem to come at the worst possible times, either they’re backbreakers for his team or big momentum swingers for the other team. Been a career-long issue

Reactions: Kalv

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Mike Smith’s problem are that his blunders are so noticeably bad and they always seem to come at the worst possible times, either they’re backbreakers for his team or big momentum swingers for the other team. Been a career-long issue

He’s good for at least one horrid puck handling giveaway per game that creates a grade A scoring chance. I think you hit the nail on the head, that it’s just mistakes that are so noticeable and horribly timed.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lol nurse scored on himself.

Oilers screwed any chance of Mcdavid winning a cup with that contract

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Lol nurse scored on himself.

Oilers screwed any chance of Mcdavid winning a cup with that contract

Teams have won with worse contracts than Nurses. The bigger issue is that they’re relying on him to be their no 1 dman when he’s in reality a 2-3. They don’t have anyone in the pipeline that can step up and push him down the lineup.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
This is absolute dominance. I am not surprised but it’s such a shame seeing McDavid wasted having to play in front of the Oilers D group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad