flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007

cuX65iI.gif

This might be my favorite Bill quote of all time. He can't be serious :laugh:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Imagine giving up close to that for a guy with no tricks who you only had control for 1 year.
I get your argument.

That’s why I said a lot is riding on the 5th pick.

I thought last year’s draft was terrible, so 14th overall, I didn’t care too much. Isak Rosen? Come on. I don’t love this year’s draft, but he wouldn’t even be a possibility this year at 5.

So not apples to oranges.

I mean, look at Chychrun’s supposed asking price, & Jiricek could be Chychrun or Seider. Nemec has drawn some comparisons to Josi, & has set eye popping stats. There’s upside with some of these guys that just weren’t there at last year’s 14 pick. My problem is I wish had fewer concerns about guys like Jiricek & Nemec not hitting their upside. Not that they lack upside.

But again. I get your point. And the Flyers need to hit this 5. Or know they’re going to get a guy in UFA this summer who is as good as DeBrincat.

If you’re 90% sure you’re signing Gaudreau or Forsberg, then you don’t trade for DeBrincat.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I’m not sure that the levels of comedy that would be achieved if they did that and Gaudreau didn’t come here could ever be matched.

Just imagine the slop they’d use that space on.

Even if he DID come here, it could never be matched. And by "here," I mean "there." Although it would be pretty hilarious if he came to the middle of East Buttf***, Egypt for no reason.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Even if he DID come here, it could never be matched. And by "here," I mean "there." Although it would be pretty hilarious if he came to the middle of East Buttf***, Egypt for no reason.
I’m getting close to having a @SnS viewpoint of this team. They’re never going to do what needs to be done so we might as well go full send with stupidity and at least bring in some entertaining players.

This thought process is aided by apathy and the Avs winning the Cup.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I’m getting close to having a @SnS viewpoint of this team. They’re never going to do what needs to be done so we might as well go full send with stupidity and at least bring in some entertaining players.

at some point they will have no choice. they will be so bad nobody will want to come here and they will be so bad they will get picks

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Yup. I hate them and they are unwatchable. Not sure JG changes that though as he slips to being a 70ish point guy.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
This might be my favorite Bill quote of all time. He can't be serious :laugh:
You should see the one where he dismissed getting debrincat and gaudreu because then 6 out of 8 wingers would be 5'10" and under. He then said no professional team has 6 wingers that size and smaller

I told him taparra of Finland has 7 wingers listed that size and under, then told him what he said was the dumbest thing I ever heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad