GDT: 2022 NHL Draft (And Trade Rumors) - Montreal - July 7 - July 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Never forget that the first round of the draft last year was the time that Cap was introduced to Emily Kaplan…

BYPyiVX.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
@BigToe Where are we on Ohgren? Strong anticipatory passer even at open ice speeds. Subtle in-zone shiftiness. He moves players to create passing windows via body orientation. He's really good at quickly getting his hips in line to generate power for a counterattack. This is good stuff.

Trading down outside the top 10 to select Ohgren and a higher ceiling player like Lambert/Ostlund just seems too smart, unfortunately. It's hard for me to imagine Ohgren not providing anything Gauthier does, probably more, at a fraction of the draft cost. He could realistically be a versatile glue guy on a top 6 line. But he's not a "center." Ostlund and Lambert are, but don't worry about that part.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
JVR has more value at $7M than Ghost did with 2 years at $4.5M
JVR has scored at a 20+ goal rate his entire career, he's an instant upgrade to a PP needing a net front goal scorer, and useful 5x5 if you shelter him (i.e. like Hartnell).
Ghost was coming off 3 seasons with multiple injuries and subpar performances.

The idea it would take #5 for someone to take his contract just shows how laughable some of these takes are.

With one year left, you could retain a couple million, take a veteran contract back or throw in maybe a 3rd rd pick for someone to take the contract (b/c a bad team could count on moving him at the TDL with half retained for more assets).

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
JVR has more value at $7M than Ghost did with 2 years at $4.5M
JVR has scored at a 20+ goal rate his entire career, he's an instant upgrade to a PP needing a net front goal scorer, and useful 5x5 if you shelter him (i.e. like Hartnell).
Ghost was coming off 3 seasons with multiple injuries and subpar performances.

The idea it would take #5 for someone to take his contract just shows how laughable some of these takes are.

With one year left, you could retain a couple million, take a veteran contract back or throw in maybe a 3rd rd pick for someone to take the contract (b/c a bad team could count on moving him at the TDL with half retained for more assets).
Jeff Marek talking about the Flyers considering it on Sportsnet is considered “laughable” just shows me how far your head is in the sand regarding this organization. That isn’t some random Flyers Twitter head.

That’s not me saying that it’s likely to happen but it is a possibility knowing how this organization operates. That should scare you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad