South Jersey
Buccigross has now mentioned Jamiroquai more than once today

the-worst.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Pronman's mock with Gauthier 5, but Cooley and Wright going 3/4. So a shit outcome and Pronman being right. Does this qualify as worst case scenario @Hollywood Cannon?
I can ALWAYS come up with worse case scenarios when it comes to this organization and strangely enough they’re plausible.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
What's the play on what channel to watch the draft? Don't think I can stand Buccigross and while I find Pierre hilarious I don't know who the rest of the scrubs are on the SN feed.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
@BigToe Where are we on Ohgren? Strong anticipatory passer even at open ice speeds. Subtle in-zone shiftiness. He moves players to create passing windows via body orientation. He's really good at quickly getting his hips in line to generate power for a counterattack. This is good stuff.
I have him at 16. I like him. He’s one of the guys where I’m not so sure on what his ceiling is. I don’t think he’s gonna put up huge points, but 50-55 is my guess. I think that whole Sweden line ends up as top 6 guys similar to the German line a couple years ago.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
But what are the odds the 5th overall pick is better than DeBrincat? :laugh:

Fans have no concept of cost controlled years. Hit on the pick and that guy could be playing and contributing in the top half of your lineup as soon as next season and you get them for a reasonable cap hit for the next ~7 years and for most of their prime years.

Fans? The Flyers have no concept of cost controlled years.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I get your argument.

That’s why I said a lot is riding on the 5th pick.

I thought last year’s draft was terrible, so 14th overall, I didn’t care too much. Isak Rosen? Come on. I don’t love this year’s draft, but he wouldn’t even be a possibility this year at 5.

So not apples to oranges.

I mean, look at Chychrun’s supposed asking price, & Jiricek could be Chychrun or Seider. Nemec has drawn some comparisons to Josi, & has set eye popping stats. There’s upside with some of these guys that just weren’t there at last year’s 14 pick. My problem is I wish had fewer concerns about guys like Jiricek & Nemec not hitting their upside. Not that they lack upside.

But again. I get your point. And the Flyers need to hit this 5. Or know they’re going to get a guy in UFA this summer who is as good as DeBrincat.

If you’re 90% sure you’re signing Gaudreau or Forsberg, then you don’t trade for DeBrincat.

Did you know Rosen was not the only available player at that spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad