2022 NFL/NCAA U.S. Football Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
The Jets have a competent backup in Michael Carter, but they may need to look outside the org to bring in another back. They're 5-2 and have a quality defense. They have a season worth fighting for
The Jets basically run the old school Broncos scheme where you can plug in just about anyone to run the ball effectively. The problem is Wilson isn’t even good enough to keep the other defense honest and not just key on the run.

They basically Wilson to be Jimmy G and he isn’t even that.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
The Jets basically run the old school Broncos scheme where you can plug in just about anyone to run the ball effectively. The problem is Wilson isn’t even good enough to keep the other defense honest and not just key on the run.

They basically Wilson to be Jimmy G and he isn’t even that.
When you draft a guy where they drafted Wilson, the hope is that guy will mature into an elite QB, not just a Jimmy G level guy.

As they rack up wins will they accept game manager in the meantime? Sure, but you still hope there is more upside there.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Is this not just Brady finally getting old?
It's a little bit of everything but imo Brady's personal issues are probably bothering him more than age, but good ol' Todd ain't gonna do crap preventing Brady from becoming an island of one outside of the rest of the team. A coach with more stature might have headed off some of the internal issues they seem to be having now with Brady snapping at everyone, missing practices for no good reason, etc. Their D hasn't done crap the last couple weeks either against mediocre (at best) offenses.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
When you draft a guy where they drafted Wilson, the hope is that guy will mature into an elite QB, not just a Jimmy G level guy.

As they rack up wins will they accept game manager in the meantime? Sure, but you still hope there is more upside there.
I’m not saying that is what they hoped for when they drafted him. Of course the hope was that he would he a franchise QB. I’m just saying right now given the talent a scheme they just need him to be competent. And he really isn’t that, outside of some luck with not turning the ball over.

That whole draft class looks bad. At least he isn’t Darnold though,

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I’m not saying that is what they hoped for when they drafted him. Of course the hope was that he would he a franchise QB. I’m just saying right now given the talent a scheme they just need him to be competent. And he really isn’t that, outside of some luck with not turning the ball over.

That whole draft class looks bad. At least he isn’t Darnold though,
Truthfully I haven't watched the Jets enough to know, and I'm not saying he is a finished product, but right now, is he better then Darnold at any stage of Darnold's career?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
This what I do know: The Giants are looking good.

(and see D Jones career curve for those Jets fans hoping Wilson can find his footing).

Reactions: My3Sons

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Truthfully I haven't watched the Jets enought to know, and I'm not saying he is a finished product, but is he better then Darnold at any stage of Darnold's career?
I would say so because he isn’t throwing picks like Darnold did. But saying he is better than Darnold isn’t a compliment.

Wilson made some nice plays in the Steelers and Dolphins games in the second half. Last week vs the Packers the first half they were basically 3 and out the first half and the second half just ran the ball down their throats. Today Hall hit a 67 yard run for a TD before he was injured and other than that the Jets were basically three and out for most of the game. Late in these games the team has taken the ball out of Wilson’s hand.

The defense is carrying the team, but they have played nothing but backup QBs (and a washed up Aaron Rodgers). The two games they played against real QBs they got throttled.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I would say so because he isn’t throwing picks like Darnold did. But saying he is better than Darnold isn’t a compliment.

Wilson made some nice plays in the Steelers and Dolphins games in the second half. Last week vs the Packers the first half they were basically 3 and out the first half and the second half just ran the ball down their throats. Today Hall hit a 67 yard run for a TD before he was injured and other than that the Jets were basically three and out for most of the game. Late in these games the team has taken the ball out of Wilson’s hand.

The defense is carrying the team, but they have played nothing but backup QBs (and a washed up Aaron Rodgers). The two games they played against real QBs they got throttled.
I don't even know if Rodgers is washed up cause they got shit all to throw to. Allen Lazard is a nice #2 at best, everyone else either sucks or is fossilized. But yeah I pretty much agree with all this.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I don't even know if Rodgers is washed up cause they got shit all to throw to. Allen Lazard is a nice #2 at best, everyone else either sucks or is fossilized. But yeah I pretty much agree with all this.
You can't tell me GB has a worse receiving core then the Giants right now.

Rogers also likes to exude an air of "I kind of don't want to be here", which doesn't help.

As Giants fan I also think Breida should get more carries, and Barkley should get more touches via the passing game.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Bottom line is the GB offense is terrible. They lost to the Commanders today.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That’s true re: the Giants…their WR’s and LB’ers they’re literally getting off the street but Jones does give them the additional running element on offense at least and Bellinger isn’t bad at TE when he plays.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saugus and My3Sons

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
While Zach is still taking too long to get rid of the ball and sometimes putting himself in more difficult situations than he needs to, it has to be mentioned that the o-line has been in shambles for much of the season. He tends to have to start scrambling for his life sooner than later, and if we’re without AVT for any elongated period of time, it’s going to be even more dire.

Man losing Breece sucks ass. I love Michael Carter but he’s just not that same type of back. Going to continue enjoying this while I can.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I don't trust Michael Carter as an RB1, I like him as a depth RB or RB2 but he carried the load last year and picked up injuries a lot to the point where they went for an alpha do it all RB in this past draft. I'd want someone like Cam Akers or Jeff Wilson if you want to keep running the ball at will on teams. If they want to go for a big splash, ask SF about Elijah Mitchell.

Yeah he's been playing better than Darnold but its giving me shades to Mark Sanchez 2009-2010 where you neutered him with defense + run game and then once you ask the QB to play a bit better he can't because he was always limited whenever they won. Also to the bolded, they did have their backup journeyman QB for those games.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Between the Yankees and the Jets losing Breece Hall today, I'm feeling a lot less hopeful than I did one week ago. Hopefully the Devils can surprise me.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
Between the Yankees and the Jets losing Breece Hall today, I'm feeling a lot less hopeful than I did one week ago. Hopefully the Devils can surprise me.
Breece Hall going down obviously sucks, but come on. 5-2 Jets is something no one was predicting. There is no way I can be down on the Jets right now.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Breece Hall going down obviously sucks, but come on. 5-2 Jets is something no one was predicting. There is no way I can be down on the Jets right now.
Zach having his worst game of the season right smack before meeting up with Darth Bill when they're on a roll isn't exactly giving me the warm fuzzies either. He was obliterated at a 'Darnold seeing ghosts' level the one full game he did play against the Pats last year.

Two games with the Pats sandwiching a game with the Bills, we'll find out how for real they are. Even one win in the three (and no other major injuries) I'd sign for.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
Zach having his worst game of the season right smack before meeting up with Darth Bill when they're on a roll isn't exactly giving me the warm fuzzies either. He was obliterated at a 'Darnold seeing ghosts' level the one full game he did play against the Pats last year.

Two games with the Pats sandwiching a game with the Bills, we'll find out how for real they are. Even one win in the three (and no other major injuries) I'd sign for.
Did you have the warm fuzzies for this part of the schedule back in August? lol. Enjoy the ride.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Did you have the warm fuzzies for this part of the schedule back in August? lol. Enjoy the ride.
No lol but I didn’t think the Packers and Broncos would completely suck either. Or that we’d get to play Miami’s third string QB. Eventually they’ll have to step up in class and that starts next weekend.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I'm kind of baffled at how the Giants keep finding ways to win, but they're doing it. Clearly a legit team, even if they don't look like they have the horses on first or even second glance.

Pulled out the clutch last second stop yesterday. If there were another 5 seconds on the clock for one more play, the Jags would have won.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I'm kind of baffled at how the Giants keep finding ways to win, but they're doing it. Clearly a legit team, even if they don't look like they have the horses on first or even second glance.

Pulled out the clutch last second stop yesterday. If there were another 5 seconds on the clock for one more play, the Jags would have won.
At the same time, Barkley could have ended it 3 separate times if he had just gone down in bounds. I thought it was a pretty convincing win watching on a tiny headrest screen on a 4 hour flight. It's wild to think the team is winning at all with how much money and draft capital is tied up in their underperforming receivers.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
DCBFA248-BC93-4DE4-AF6D-1C8F3451444E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad